1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Sarahs top moves?

Discussion in 'Sarah' started by cmase1989, Sep 30, 2014.

1. cmase1989

cmase1989 Well-Known Member

Sorry if theres already a thread about this, if there was I couldnt find it and if someone could link it that would be awesome and if there isnt already a thread about her top moves, now there is! What would you say Sarahs 5(or 10) most important moves are?

2. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    i always thought top 10 moves threads are useless for VF. They give people the wrong idea on how to learn characters, this aint Tekken or Soul Calibur, where you rely on a few moves to carry you and do thinking for you (thats honestly where its most useful). Sorry if i sound like a grumpy dude, and nothing against this thread, but i feel strongly about this.

Every move has a use and a purpose, and top 10 lists downplay that fact to newcomers, and make them just want to spam. But here's my top 10 if people really want to see one.

1. P
    2. 2P
    3. elbow
    4. 41236 P+G
    5. Dragon Smash Cannon
    6. Serpent Smash Cannon
    7. 4K
    8. 9K
    9. K
    10. 4P

3. cmase1989

oh of course, every move has purpose, just new to the character and looking where to start. and thanks!

4. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    Blackstar's list is legit. I think it's best to look at the moves that separate Sarah from the rest of the cast.

Sarah is an Oki monster. I always describe her to people who play SF4 as the Akuma of the game. She even has a get-out-of-jail teleport in the form of a backflip. Here's my list.

1. 6P(K) confirm - easily one of the best elbows in the game, easy to confirm, even confirmable on normal hit. Leads to Oki madness.

2. FL 3K/FL 2KP+G - this mid/low mixup can be 100% inescapable nikatu on a techrolling opponent. Both options lead to solid damage.

3. 4K - this move has been on the Sarah radar for decades. Sets up FL decently in any scenario. Also can be used as an otg.

4. 2p+kk - mainly a punisher, but doubles as a confirmable launcher. Definitely not Taka 4p+kp, but still really useful.

5. 9k+gk. the fuzzy safe otg/meaty (force tech). doesn't work on everyone, but definitely amazing.

6. 66k+g - a good mid range idunnowtf2do move. From mid range, this is Sarah best move in terms of risk/reward.

7. 1k+gk. low CH confirm into +5 flamingo with deceptively long range. Works as well on rch too. OTG as well.

8. 4p - really good in too many situations the, k follow ups are hard to deal with.

9. FL 6k(k) - mid mid full circular. barely confirmable on ch. Last hit launches some of the cast on ch, and leads to a 1f tech combo on others. Doesn't matter though, I have to put it on the list because of the derpy mixup between FL 6kk and FL 6k > throw.

10. FL 3k+gp+g - slow, but mid unblockable.

11. 9k - best rising attack crush move in the game potentially. It will wall splat on CH.

12. 4k+g - classic bryant big whiff punisher.

I wish 3p(k) was confirmable. I wrote this way faster than I gave it thought, I might edit later.

5. leftylizard

leftylizard Well-Known Member

XBL:
    blue mouthwash
    4p+k is really useful too. it closes distance,gives advantage on hit AND block,and takes her into flamingo. you can also use 4p+k to pick up the opponent higher during some combos.

beanboy likes this.
  6. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    4p+k is gimmicky and one of her least useful moves. In most cases, 4K will work better in the same situations and 4p+k in combos usually is not a good idea

7. cmase1989

thanks for the help!

8. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    4P+K, FLA 8K is iirc maxdamage ender in most cases when I tested, is it not?

leftylizard likes this.
  9. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    you know what, it might be. I dunno since its forever I checked the combo lists.

10. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    No love for 3P+K?

BLACKSTAR likes this.
  11. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    yeah, now that you mention it, I should replace Serpent Smash on my list with 3P+K

12. BeastEG

BeastEG Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BeastyEG
    Nitaku Launchers are nice and all, but what sells me on the move is the ferocity of the CH slap for [3][P]+[K]. It literally knocks 'em into the air and onto their butt!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
  13. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    [3][P][+][K] is also a different attack class from most Sarah launchers, which might prove useful vs opponents equipped with kick sabaki, right?

BTW I also remember reading somewhere that [3][P][+][K] has a solid hitbox, beating shun's low kick, lion's [1][P] and other magic moves, could anyone confirm?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  14. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Definitely [2][K][+][G]. Good to use against people who like to over use high attacks, or combos strings with high attacks in them.