1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Saturn is so darn cool.

Discussion in 'General' started by SUPERBalde, Mar 11, 2002.

1. SUPERBalde

SUPERBalde Member

I was going through my stuff and pulled out my Saturn and its games. I played a few times and I am still in love with it. Plus, what system had a better CD player interface? I also plugged some of my games into my PC CD-ROM drive and ripped the songs from the games and burned em to CDs. Instant game soundtracks. Boy I love my Saturn.

2. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

i still have a brand new saturn in the box....i need to use that thing................

3. Daniel Thomas

Daniel Thomas Well-Known Member

Saturn is definitely still cool as long as you've got VF2, NiGHTS, and Daytona. And do whatever you can to get a copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga; it's absolutely worth it.

4. BakuBaku

BakuBaku Well-Known Member

Go buy BakuBaku!

5. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

Fighters Megamix, Street Fighter Alpha 2, Radiant Silvergun, Cotton 2 and the above mentioned games by others. All worth playing.

6. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Indeed. I guard my Panzer Dragoon Saga closely and I play Guardian Hero's and Last Bronx religiously. I never saw the appeal to Nights though, Burning Rangers is also close to my heart.The Saturn was the victim of the ultimate injustice...

7. DuoWing

DuoWing Active Member

Saturn is great. I just recently baught myself a used one from Ebay. It was well worth it. Most people think Im crazy, because it went down so soon. But I play for the Quality. Not the success of the system.

8. jackybrothas

jackybrothas Well-Known Member

yea guardian heros is one of my favorites for the saturn... man they should have made the dragon ball z games like that game.

9. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

It's a sad thing that the system that caused Sega's major downfall in the US and Europe was probably the best system they ever made.
    Keio Yuugekitai is good too, if you can get ahold of it. As is all of Shining Force 3 and the original Grandia + Digital Museum.

10. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Saturn + NiGHTS = GOD.

Plus there's lots of cool stuff. Don't forget Clockwork Knight, Shining the Holy Ark, Policenauts, etc. Makes me want to pull it out again just thinking about it....

11. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

they made a Policenauts for the saturn? Wow, I didn't know that. I have both Snatcher and Policenauts for the sega cd. I should go and find that version for the saturn.

12. Bu_Jessoom

Bu_Jessoom Well-Known Member

Well they also made a Saturn Snatcher as well if I am not mistaken , with better graphics and stuff...

13. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

But I don't know how one can have a Sega CD version of Policenauts. Seeing how it was never made and all. (Its original platform was the Japanese 3DO.)

14. BakuBaku

Saturn is also sweet cause you can play your Gen games on there. If only I could play my Master system games on there!

15. Daniel Thomas

Sorry, friend. You cannot play Genesis carts on a Saturn, and there is no compatibility whatsoever. The cartridge slot on Saturn is for the RAM backup cart, Japanese converter, and the like.

And, BTW, am I the only one who thinks the Saturn version of Daytona USA is more fun than the Dreamcast one?

16. BakuBaku

I guess so. Saturn being the only sega product I have never bought. Some of my friends that had it swore it could cause that slot on it. Mabey I can grab one and find a way to do it ) I got my obsession with BakuBaku when i was in japan but never actually owned it *( wish I did.

17. Daniel Thomas

Fortunately, finding good Saturn games (for the most part) is pretty easy. If you live near any Funcoland stores, ask the employees if they have any games tucked in anywhere. I've been surprised at what's been stuffed into a back room or unused drawer. And try to cut a deal while you're at it; most places that still have Saturn games lying around aren't expecting to sell them, so they'll be grateful for any money.

After that, of course, there's eBay. Looking for that multitap and extra controllers for Saturn Bomberman? Dive right in.

18. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

I'm gonna go hardcore n vote 2 games as my all time fav on saturn

Nights
    VF kids.

Gotta love VF kids.

Of coz...vf2 as well hehehe

but as mentioned b4...guardian heroes is a classic.

I actually bought it by mistake too..I wanted Grandia...gave my sis the cash to buy it..she brought home GH..I yelled at her..she screamed at me...haha.

Good old days.

19. CIN

CIN Well-Known Member

Some great Saturn games that no one mentioned. /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

Sokyugurentai(Shooter)
    Battle Garegga(shooter)
    Thunder Force 5(as above)
    Elevator Action Returns(Platformer)
    Astal(as above)
    SEGA RALLY
    Silhouette Mirage(platformer)

Saturn IS incredible. The games are still great. And many of them are much better than equivalent games on current systems. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif