1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Saving...

Discussion in 'Console' started by OhgmA, Apr 26, 2002.

1. OhgmA

OhgmA Active Member

ok... i have a double capacity memory card which is cool and all but it requires a cd to be put in everytime i start my ps2.. now i want a VF4 dedicated card but i dunno if, i could copy the save files for my character to them... if anyone else has done this please let me know.. could i just start the game with my 2x mem card and then when it goes to save swap out the cards? or do they have internal IDs?
    i forget what the brand name of the 2x card is, i think its gameshark or somthing like that.

Thanks

BTW: why is my picture link broken? it seems to be pointing to the correct location.

2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

There isn't any form of lock on the VF4 character files so you can transfer them to whatever card you want to.

I have the same memory card you do (Interact) and I got annoyed of it quickly.... Particularly since you have to start up the loader everytime you want to use that card. I quickly got an official memory card soon after, but I use the 16MB card to store replays. If you're traveling around to play VF4, you'll definitely want to put your characters on a card that doesn't need a loader.

The main thing I also hated about the Interact loader program is that it's on a tiny disc so I have to put my PS2 in the original position instead of on a vertical or horizontal stand.

-Chanchai

3. OhgmA

OhgmA Active Member

yah thats the one... but can you copy the files or do i have to start over?

4. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Why can't you just transfer the files from the interact card to a standard memory card located in the other slot?

5. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I answered that question on the first line of my post. When I said "transfer" I was implying "copy." You just use the memory card manager program that came witht he card. It's slow, but it works. You can also load up the program, exit (as if you were going to "run a PS2 game") and have it go to "browser" and copy the files that way.