1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

SBK Generations

Discussion in 'General' started by Kruza, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    I think it's time to create a thread on people's observations and impressions of SBK Generations because this amazing game frankly deserves one.

So far I've only done a few challenges from SBK Experience mode plus completed a 28-lap session in Time Attack trying to familiarize myself with the Silverstone Circuit once again after not racing on in it in several years. I haven't started playing in Career mode, checked any of the other new features or raced online yet. Haven't gone into the pits to meet with the mechanic, tweaked any bike settings or looked at the telemetry info, either. So in summary, this post won't contain what I would call detailed impressions of SBK Generations; just some observations and noticeable changes after limited play time with it.

The on-board helmet cam views are back in Generations and looks better than before. But this time around the vision of the rider you're controlling is buried behind the windshield whenever the body is leaning forward on the bike which isn't how it is in SBK X. In short, these on-board views are fantastic.

The bike feels very unstable at high speeds as if you're on the verge of losing control. It's such a thrill ride.

I didn't play SBK 2011 so I can't make a direct comparison to that game and Generations, but do I feel the braking power of the bikes have been upped in this game tremendously in comparison to SBK X. It's a real challenge to applying the right amount of pressure on the front brake to get maxmimum efficiency out of it. I say that because unlike in SBK X, the bikes in Generations can actually veer off to the side whenever applying too much force on the brake while slowing down after traveling fast on a straight line. And locking the front wheel is easier to do now whenever making the same mistake while trailbraking into a bend. Both situations can affect the ability to manually downshift gears after reaching a braking point of a track.

Racing in the wet is more difficult in this game as well. It was possible to get away with leaning on the bike at a low angle at times on SBK X on a wet track. But that's not the case in Generations. In fact, it won't take much to lowside the bike if you're not careful cornering on a wet road.

The weakest part of the game I'd have to admit are the graphics although its noticeably improved from SBK X. However, it pales overall in comparison to the extremely high standards that have been set by some other racing games. The look of the wet surface tracks under very dark skies in Generations still look absolutely spectacular though.

Kruza