1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Scenic VOOT (DC) Photos...

Discussion in 'General' started by Chanchai, Aug 24, 2001.

1. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Here are some unique scenic pics in the Virtual On Oratorio Tangrem environment.

These were shot by Scott Robinson (who I am calling "Ansel Apharmd-S" for now/versus/images/icons/tongue.gif).

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/vootphoto/>Virtual-On Scenery Render Gallery</A>

-Chanchai

2. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

Nice pics, Chanchai...

It took a while, but I was able to recognize the stages.
    *sigh* I should play more VOOT....

-<font color=white>Ghost</font color=white><font color=red>DOG</font color=red>

3. RedQueen

RedQueen Well-Known Member

any comment on the 3 new chars in voot 5.66?
    btw has anyone in syd played the new gundam arcade game yet? its called gundam: federation vs zion.

~ Shori no Eko Kimi ni ~

4. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Stop talking abt Gundam!~

Go ask hide to play with u and let him backstab ur ass once more!

Or u can play it like me, drop the pissy gun, grab the saber and scream ' STUPID ZAKU'!!!!

<font color=red>~~~ 'back off feather brain, or u can stick around and find out the hard way!/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'

5. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Hey Shun :) We don't have the Gundam game yet, but we do have VOOT v5.66 though. I was having some great challenges last night with a couple of friends.

Good Times!

6. Chanchai

More scenic pics to come, I hear. I was just hanging out at Quad's (Scott) place yesterday for my seasonal VOOT training (wish we had access to 5.66, but I'm really enjoying 5.4x).

Woohoo, blocked shinkuu all night/versus/images/icons/tongue.gif, though it's probably all that I could do against a CC whore like Quad. hehe.

Myke, how is the revived (or newly beginning) VOOT scene down there? Congrats to Sydney on getting a VOOT machine (5.66 no less!). Shinkuu is killed in 5.66 right (or at least, damage has been reduced greatly)?

VO Forever/versus/images/icons/smile.gif

-Chanchai

7. RedQueen

hehe i will kick yo ass!!! myke u got the 5.66 upgrade disc for voot? anyone?

~ Shori no Eko Kimi ni ~

8. RedQueen

er wats shinkuu?

~ Shori no Eko Kimi ni ~

9. Chanchai

I'm not perfectly 100% sure of what it is, but if I remember correctly from Quad's explanation... while doing a CC attack, you cancel the exact hit frame into walking around and as long as you are still walking, the next contact you have with the opponent will register an immediate hit. If you stop to stand or anything else, I think you cancel out the shinkuu.

I heard the technique is in 5.66 but it does very weak damage. In 5.45 at least, it does A LOT of damage.

I think the difference between Shinkuu and Swallows Tail is that shinkuu is fooling the engine to think that your virtuaroid is still in its hit frame of attack, whereas Swallows Tail is following up certain CC attacks with a movement so you can hit the enemy with a specific area that somehow has a hit property.

My grasp of the VOOT engine and the CC tricks especially is not good at all, so I may be mistaken greatly here. Hope Myke knows what I'm talking about but I know he stopped playing VOOT quite a while back and only recently started again with 5.66.

-Chanchai

10. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Your description of the shinkuu technique sounds accurate to me although I haven't taken the time to experiment or use it yet.

The swallow's tail technique you described wasn't quite right though, unless you were trying to describe another technique I'm not aware of. The principle is the same though: there's some "setup" involved which can be anything from a CC attack or quick-step (or both) cancelled into a dashing-CC attack. I've been practicing this technique a lot lately and requires some amount of precision and dexterity. The results are extremely satisifying when done successfully.

The name should really be swallow's return (I don't know where swallow's tail came from). In Japanese it's known as tsubame gaeshi. From what I've been told, the term comes from a samurai technique of unsheathing, attacking, and sheathing the sword all in one swift motion. The path/trajectory of the sword tip follows that of a swallow quick flying out and returning back to it's original point. This refers to the dashing-CC part of the sequence, where the VR is in full dash and strikes with their sword. There are many variants known as tsubame gaeshi, or swallow's return, but essentially they all have the same ending technique - a dashing CC attack - and only vary in the setup.

The VOOT scene here is slowly taking off. I've been meeting with some regulars for the past two weeks and we've had some great challenges. We're still learning alot about the game too, but hopefully when the arcade brings the price down to something more reasonable, we'll get a lot more people playing too. We have a tournament planned in the near future.

Tofu: I don't have the DC 5.66 upgrade disk, and it's not really worth getting IMO. People originally thought they could play with the three new VRs introduced in 5.66 on the DC but that is not the case. From what I remember it didn't have anything that great on it. Go and search/ask at the <A target="_blank" HREF=http://sydvoc.com/forum>Sydvoc Forum</A> if you'd like more information. And if you think you're going to kick my ass in VOOT then you're sorely mistaken ;)

11. RedQueen

haha. so shinkuu is the variant of the tsubame gaeshi technique? i dont really understand.... i've heard of the swallow tech b4 on the jpn sites but my language skills at that time wasnt good enuf to translate it. simply said, is it the technique of dashing with your sword out?
    as for the 5.66 disc, wat i heard was it just adds the 3 new VRs so i auto assumed that we would be able to use them......
    oh well. but i glad that more ppl are starting to play voot. this means more challengers when vo3/force comes out hehehehe

~ Shori no Eko Kimi ni ~