1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Season 1 Prize Winners

Discussion in 'VF Circuit' started by akai, Dec 19, 2012.

1. ExzetyXat1

ExzetyXat1 Well-Known Member

My prize arrived today :D. Thanks akai.

Craigbot likes this.
  2. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Just to make it clear - not all the Mad Catz prizes have been shipped. Once all Mad Catz prizes are shipped, I will make a post about it. People can show their appreciation by tweeting to Markman or Mad Catz.

Sega Prizes - when I received the package from Sega I will send it out. I will make a post when that happens.

Pre-Registration gift - whenever I finsihed it they will be sent :D

Tocuh likes this.
  3. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Yay for XZT having a mic and a stick finally. Didn't even realise he was a pad player - it's cool playing whilst he learns how to use a stick 'cos I can get some cheap wins and feel good about myself.

I'm glad there's PS3 headset available too - can't wait to get my stoofs so I can check 'em out. I'm hoping the stick is better than the one I have (Virtua Stick High Grade?), but I have plans for it either way.

ExzetyXat1 likes this.
  4. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Just to update that I got my package today. Haven't had chance to test them out yet 'cos the wife is sleeping, but the headset seems better than my PoS, and after wiggling the stick around a bit, it seems pretty good. It's a Street Fighter vs Tekken one (has Ryu, and I think Kazuya is the other one), and the joystick part feels a bit tighter than my current stick (which I like). It's a lot bigger than my current one, but it's also lighter, which is strange. Anyhow, I'll have a fiddle with 'em both when I get chance, and let you know what I think.

Big thanks to Akai and to the sponsors for this - free stuff is always nice when it comes from doing something you enjoy!

Craigbot, VFnumbers and Feck like this.
  5. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

So I tested out the Mad Catz stick, it plays pretty much the same as the Sega one. The Mad Catz one has a longer wire and a nice little stowaway compartment for the wire for if/when you're travelling. It also has programmable turbo buttons, and the joystick can be set to register as either the left analog stick, right analog stick, or the directional pad (not really that useful for a fighting game though, since you just use D pad anyway). The Mad Catz one is also a Limited Edition Street Fighter x Tekken one, with fancy paintwork, whilst the Sega one is just a standard grey color. The Joystick on the Mad Catz one feels ever so slightly stiffer than the Sega one, but that might just be wear and tear on the Sega one loosening it a bit.

Quite honestly, I can't really tell the difference between the two when I'm playing, which makes it hard to decide which I should keep to use...

Craigbot likes this.
  6. Craigbot

Craigbot Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Craigbot
    You should break in your new stick and play with for a while. Afterwards, you can switch between the two sticks anytime you like.

7. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Just found a pretty frustrating problem with the Tritton Kunai headset. The audio jack is only about 3 feet long. They send it with an adaptor cable to which you connect the audio jack, and then the other end has a USB connector and two audio RCA connectors.

The USB makes it fine when you're wanting to have chat come through the headset and sound come through the speakers, but if you're trying to use it as a regular headset, you can only do so if you're using crappy old RCA connector. If you use HDMI, then there's no way to get sound to play through the headset, without either using an RCA and changing the audio output settings, or getting some kind of extension cord for the audio ajack on the headset itself.

Disappointing because the sound is extremely impressive - I just wish I could use it.

8. Krye

Krye French Star Player

PSN:
    KryeMeARiver
    XBL:
    Krye NL
    My prizes were delivered to my parents yesterday, and I had the chance to sit down and practice on the Madcatz stick for a bit just now! I'm really happy with it, I have to say it does take a bit of getting used to (I'm used to handling my self-made stick, which has a longer shaft than regular sticks... :cool:), but it's easily worth it. It's just in time for the Paris tournament, too!

The headset is pretty nice as well, my earphones broke the other day, so this is a nice replacement to use during the busride tonight. It's a shame it doesn't work with the 360, but who cares in the end.

I just wanted to say thank you to Mad Catz, Sega, VFDC and most of all akai for setting up the VF Circuit and giving out these prizes. Really, really awesome.

Craigbot and Genzen like this.
  9. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

I found an audio extension cord at Walmart for my headset - only costs $5, so it's not too hard to circumvent the problem I reported earlier.

Craigbot likes this.
  10. VFnumbers

VFnumbers Well-Known Member Content Manager Lei

PSN:
    VFnumbers
    XBL:
    VFnumbers
    Received today. shoutouts to akai, markman, madcatz

phanatik and Craigbot like this.
  11. DeadlyLastPush

DeadlyLastPush Member

PSN:
    Deathscythe79
    XBL:
    DeadlyLastPush
    Got my prizes a few days ago, but I hadn't gotten the chance to play with them until the last day or two. Wasn't expecting the fight stick to be a TE - woot! The headset is very cool too; no more struggling to hear the dialogue in my single player games late at night because I have to turn my speaker system down.

I didn't even know there were prizes for the circuit going into it lol. Makes it all the sweeter in a way. Again, I can't overstate how much I appreciate all the effort that went into Season 1, nor how excited I am for Season 2. What an awesome community we have here!

Craigbot likes this.
  12. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Glad people are getting there items from Mad Catz already :D

So it sounds like some of the 360 league winners of Mad Catz prizes are getting the wrong headset (they are getting the PS3 version instead).

Can those who have not gotten the right headset, message me here so that I can let Mad Catz know of the issue and see what is the best way to remedy the issue?

13. Krye

Krye French Star Player

PSN:
    KryeMeARiver
    XBL:
    Krye NL
    I've gotten the PS3 headset. I've already taken it out of the box and everything, though. I thought they were just giving these out to everyone..

14. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    I have got ps3 headset instead of X360 one. Unfortunatelly I found it after I try to connect it to XB, so it is taken out of box already.
    Sorry for letting you know in wrong place, didn't think about this thread.

15. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    List of people with wrong headset - want the 360 headset instead of PS3 -
    phanatik
    MotorCityJacky
    Krye
    unicorn

16. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    I got my prize today ( well, actually since friday, but I couldn't be able to stay at home to wait for the delivery man ), and I got the ps3 headset even if I think I asked for the 360 headset.
    But no worry though, I have a ps3 too so...
    thanks akai and madcatz !

Craigbot likes this.
  17. Dipstick

Dipstick Well-Known Member

PSN:
    RottenSashimi
    XBL:
    Kumubou
    I got my prize package right after I got back from SCR. I also managed to get a PS3 headset with it (although I don't think I specified which one I wanted), but I don't even have a headset for the PS3 so it's alright.

Thanks for running this entire circuit Akai (and sacrificing several of your weekends to do it) and to Madcatz for supplying the prizes.

Craigbot likes this.
  18. phanatik

phanatik Well-Known Member

XBL:
    I phanatik I
    Shout-outs to VFDC and Akai, Madcatz, and all the players that participated. The stick is awesome.

Craigbot likes this.
  19. ZBEP

ZBEP Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ZBEP
    Akai, can you contact Mark about the status of my shipment? It's really taking too long, considering that Lyama and Ryan already received their prizes.

Nevermind, it just arrived )

20. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Akai can I ask you aslo how it looks like with the headset issue? After realizing I got PS3 one I put it back into the box and now it is just lying there. Just wish to know if I am bound to use it or if there is any chance to get it replaced.
    Thank you.