1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Seasonal or Bi-Annual VF tournies at the 909

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Hayai_JiJi, Jul 16, 2003.

1. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

By the ancient laws of combat i challenge you. Tim has come up with the notion of holding VF tournies either twice a year or with the turn of each season aka 1 every 3 months. If your from the midwest and would seriously be down for some action every now then please give your opinion. I personally prefer the seasonal tournies. At the start of each new season the ground will be filled with the blood of the non believers and those too weak to be taken seriously aka tekken kids etc. this would very much please my pagan gods. So what do yall think.

2. HIGHplanzDrifter

HIGHplanzDrifter Well-Known Member

sounds great! let's get the ball rolling!!! /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Lonelyfighter said:

By the ancient laws of combat i challenge you. Tim has come up with the notion of holding VF tournies either twice a year or with the turn of each season aka 1 every 3 months.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean Tim in STL? I would drive another 7 hours for tourney depends on how many people will be there.

Anyway, it sounds good to me. /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

4. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

Yes yes Tim in st.louis.

5. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

Hello all,
    Is this all the midwest has to offer for vf players? C'mon people and post up. Show pride for your state and represent!!! I am just offering a place to hold the gatherings or if you guys want a neutral meeting point that can be setup as well. Do I have to up the prizes to make it more worthwhile of a trip? It's real simple, just post:
    Your name...
    Names of team members...
    Your state..
    If you want it seasonal or bi-annual..
    What would it take for you to make it out, prize?
    Additional comments, blah blah..
    Let's kick this into gear and get it going!
    -Saint Louis
    -AlexKidd, Shou, Emx, Akai Masaki, Insanity, RVD, Unconkable, Cohnan
    -Bi-Annual
    -We need no prizes, but we need the midwest to represent itself in full.
    -We welcome you all out for a unforgettable experience and the begining of a new era.
    Well, there is my donation. Hope to see more up here soon!!
    Laters^^

6. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Kaminari_Oyaji said:

-Saint Louis
    -AlexKidd, Shou, Emx, Akai Masaki, Insanity, RVD, Unconkable, Cohnan
    -Bi-Annual
    -We need no prizes, but we need the midwest to represent itself in full.
    -We welcome you all out for a unforgettable experience and the begining of a new era.
    Well, there is my donation. Hope to see more up here soon!!
    Laters^^

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, Tim. Thanks for bringing this up. /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Here is Columbus, OH.

-Columbus, OH
    -Madagascar, Kojiro, Dandy J
    -Bi annual or annual will be also fine.
    -We need no prize if there is seriousness and fun.
    (I know it will)

Later ^.^

7. thebradSHow

thebradSHow Well-Known Member

We also have Avih20 of the topgun tourney fame but he is finally trying quite a bit harder so it is cool, he will eventually get the hang of it. It will be good to play against St. Louis some day. It will happen and I will be waiting. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

Any updates, Tim?

9. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    madagascar said:

Any updates, Tim?

[/ QUOTE ]

Madagascar- I was waiting for more replies, but I'm guessing that this is it. Meaning, the midwest really dosen't have many players at all. The other place would of been Chicago, but I think it's a dead scene now. I would like to have the gathering around a holiday weekend, so I know that everybody is off from school, work etc.
    Laters^^
    [4_][4_][8_][3_][3_]+[P]=Linear destruction... /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

Good luck and have fun at EVO. Let's see some clips
    later. /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif