1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Seattle or Vancouver (BC)?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Chanchai, Oct 26, 2000.

1. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

To those in Washington or near Vancouver, BC...

I've sort of obligated myself to a trip to Seattle this weekend. However, the people I'm supposed to meet up with have not really contacted me back... My friend got off work that day for it... So if I don't hear from any of the players that I'm supposed to meet up with or hope to meet up with, does anyone want to meet up this Saturday? Preferebly Seattle, but Vancouver is doable...

Anyways, if anyone's interested in meeting up, let me know, we can at least try something/images/icons/smile.gif

-Chanchai

2. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

I obviously can't show up in either place but I recommend vancouver. vancouver!

GE

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I'd be down for some VF action on saturday if you wanted to come up to Vancouver. I just hooked up with SpodMePlease and Tellure a few days ago and we had a blast playing (it had been so long). I'll see if anyone else would be into a gathering.

Do people even still play in seattle? I thought VF died there completely a loooong time ago.

4. Chanchai

First of all, regarding Seattle... Yeah, there's no real scene there anymore. Only two people I've contacted that play the game quite a bit up there and that would be KBCat and Moebius. I used to visit KBCat, but he's now moved back to Toronto (Toronto Crew reunites, unfortunately Jo Shun had to go...), Miss those matches with KB. I have yet to meet Moebius but I was hoping to hear from him on this trip, but he hasn't emailed me back yet!!! Other than that, people I'm meeting are mostly people that haven't played the game much it seems or claim to be pretty good at it... In any case, will play some games.

Regarding Tellure, tell him I emailed him around a week ago and hope he's available for this weekend. I just haven't heard from him and I can't access EFnet servers right now... I honestly would love to meet you guys this Saturday (those that still play in Vancouver), I'll have to see if it fits and what my pal thinks.

Would any of you be willing to go to Seattle? I can still go to Vancouver and all, depending on the actual gameplan. However, one of my goals for this Fall was to actually meet the players in Vancouver. Email me at vf_chanchai@hotmail.com and let's see if we can work something out. Do you have ICQ Mike?

Thanks for the response/images/icons/smile.gif

-Chanchai

5. Chanchai

BTW, dumb question, but since I never went to Canada before... I do need to bring my passport right?

Also, I'm considering spending the day in Seattle, and then Saturday night going to Vancouver, maybe rent a motel or something, if I can arrange a get-together with you guys or something. Even just one of you. Would be fun if we could get something working. I'm all for the arcade version (as I mentioned on an earlier post), but are you guys also open to playing the DC version? In case we want to play during non-arcade hours?

-Chanchai

6. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

i got in to canada, via the airport, with a drivers license and a really shoddy copy of my birth certificate.

--
    "A chem bla deshembla blurr fuh bli fouzh"

7. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I just hooked up with SpodMePlease and Tellure a few days ago and we had a blast playing (it had been so long).

Did you guys ask him what was up with that handle? :)

Did anyone SPoD him? heh

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Myke, my spod's about as reliable as your TFT Knee back in Vancouver, so in otherwords... no :)

No offense man -- I know your mind was on the classy lesters broads and all, so it is understandable.

Being japanese, he did pick up rather quickly on the Lions Lair hop. The funny part was that a lot of the incorrect hopping attacks that night paid off.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

I've been planning on going to seattle for awhile now, but this weekend is no good -- I have a couple of halloween parties to attend.

The vancouver scene has been pretty much dead for the last 2-3 years so don't expect a huge turnout. Although we don't play much, Tellure and I still love the game. I'm sure I can drag Brian Mak away from everquest for the day as well :)

Again, since I have night plans, my VF playing would have to be limited to 10PM max. I'm free all through the day though. I'll e-mail you tomorrow to let you know if anyone else can make it.

10. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

Yeah, we find that the special combination of
    easily faked ID allows us to succesfully screen
    for wacko's and the like. They'll even accept
    underwear so long as your name is written on
    the inside.

GE

11. Chanchai

Well, I hope to get to meet you guys... Don't know how it's looking this time... but certainly we can arrange something... Is it hard to communicate to Tellure through email? IRC would be no problem, but I have a problem getting into EFnet servers.... argghh

In any case, I'm hoping it'll workout but it's uncertain yet... I shall see what we can do. Of course. Also, I'm thinking of holding a West Coast (more like Northwest since I don't think the Cali guys would come, but we shall see, I'll meet some more of them sooner or later) mini-gathering in Portland. Since it wouldn't be like a ton of people, I think I could easily accomodate the out of state guests in the guest bedrooms and what not so it would be all us happy VFers in one happy home for a few days. Not to mention free Thai food and what not/images/icons/smile.gif I'll just have to have some kind of consent to no stealing form so my parents don't get a heart attack/images/icons/tongue.gif jk. And it will end up being VF3dc matches, but if Grand Central Station (a bowling alley) fixes their player 2 stick, then we can play wide screen VF3 (either case, we'll play wide screen VF3 actually, 61"/images/icons/smile.gif).

Anyways, it would be really nice to continue the VF3 scenes no matter how late in the game (no pun intended). Hehehe, don't worry, with how popular the game is in the US and Canada (though I have to admit Vancouver tends to pickup on the Asian-pop culture much quicker, is it true you guys have a good DDR arcade?), 3 or 4 people can be considered a scene to me. At least people are playing the game.

Anyways, catch you on the email Mutant. Could you also email me your phone number? I'll try to make something happen, but it might be tough...

-Chanchai

12. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    You just had to bring up Lesters again, didn't ya? Anyway, as the Melbourne boys can tell you, I've turned hopping into an art :)

Well, the next time you guys meet him, SPoD him and tell me what happens :)

13. Chanchai

Well, thought I would let you guys in Vancouver (and anyone in WA) know what's up.

After talking to my pal I'm bringing along, I'm just gonna be going to Seattle. For those that do want to meet me (unlikely, but who knows) I'll be at South Center Mall around 3:00pm tomorrow. It's easier to spot my friend RayBladeX (Ray) since he's a Hawaiian guy, not too tall, long ponytail. I'll be the slightly taller asian guy near him. Expect me to be at the Capcom vs. SNK machine. Best way to contact me is to message here or email me at the email listed in my profile.

Anyways, thought i'd let you guys know that.

Vancouver guys, let me know when a convenient time for you is. Next weekend looks to be a possible weekend and I might even just fly there if someone wants to pick me up at the airport/images/icons/smile.gif

Anyways, take care!

-Chanchai