1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Seeking advice against Wolf

Discussion in 'Wolf' started by droy900, Oct 12, 2017.

1. droy900

droy900 Member

So uhh... I don't know where questions like this go so I decided to make a thread here lol .
    I never played against a wolf before and from the matches I've seen he looks like the type of character I should be scared of as a scrub and was wondering if there's some kind of things to keep in mind when facing him or any weakness that I should know that makes him less scary ? I was told a good Wolf player should make you feel fear .
    This is kinda of a dumb question but is Wolf's 46P guaranteed after his swing through (the throw where he leaves you back turned) ? I'm assuming it is because he's +12 after the throw and I heard turning around takes 5 frames so he's +17 and shoulder has 16 start up which makes it guaranteed ?

2. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

From your description you're talking about [4][6][P][+][G] > [4][P][+][G] which leaves Wolf at +12.
    Your guess is right, only Aoi can evade after that setup, leaving anybody else vulnerable to his [4][6][P].

Wolf is a strong 50/50 character, meaning you have to guess right in order to avoid his damage.
    Good news, he's not a pressure character. This should really incentivate you to keep your pressure (keeping in mind vf basics) against him, because once he have his turn in the offence department you're open to his 50/50 guessing game that could lead to big damage.

VFnumbers, droy900 and Modelah like this.
  3. droy900

droy900 Member

Nice .
    Thanks a lot , Mister .

4. MakiLeSushi

MakiLeSushi Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Wolf is weak. Vs a good defense wolf got no weapons. Watch out his throw. Crouch in right moment and punish him constantly try to evade on his backside mostly. There s no real tips against him just to be focused and note what ur opponent do and u ll see that he s really not a big deal. Ofc no offense to wolf players

jimi Claymore and droy900 like this.
  5. Jason Elbow

Jason Elbow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    What character you play as?

beanboy likes this.
  6. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Pffffffffffffft
    @Myke why there is no dislike on VFDC? I need one right now!!!

beanboy, WolfKing, Myke and 1 other person like this.
  7. droy900

droy900 Member

I play Vanessa

8. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    If you are in OS [9][P] allows you to evade some of wolf's swing through setups.

droy900 likes this.
  9. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

If you are in Offensive stance, anytime Wolf does attacks with long recovery, like his [4][6][P][+][K] shoulder attack, block the attack then do [6][P][+][K].