1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

SEGA Announcement on 25 March?

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Mar 19, 2020.

By Myke on Mar 19, 2020 at 7:51 PM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    As a part of SEGA's 60th anniversary, something is being teased that's seemingly fighter related. The announcement will be made on the 25th of March 2020. What could it be?

sega-60th.jpg

The text above roughly translates to "6 days until birth", and will continue to count down until we reach the announcement date on the 25th of March.

Start speculating naaaoooowwwww!

DoomFry, noname, SUGATA and 5 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Mar 19, 2020.

1. beanboy
      beanboy
      If it's VF6, I'm changing my name to Tofu Boy.:p
    2. DoomFry
      DoomFry
      I gotta feeling that they are making fun of us Virtua Fighter fans. Thinking that we are a joke to them because this is clearly Sanshiro returning for the anniversary nothing against him it's just insulting that they are using Akira's stance/anything VF related to teasing us more for the hype and the audience in general, using us as bait for the hype.
      Sonic The Fighters likes this.
    3. GM Dojo
      GM Dojo
      :cry:

- J6 = Judgement 6
      - 6 Day Count down
      - 60th = 60th Anniversary
      - VF6 = Virtua Fighter 6

60th Anniversary = 6th Day Rebirth = J6 = VF6

Font Size used to type this = 6

So many Sixes.

I'm getting myself ready for the disappointment. I hope my dreams are not shattered.

:cry::cry::cry:
      beanboy, MadeManG74, noname and 4 others like this.
    4. masterpo
      masterpo
      The buzz is traveling around the whole planet like wild fire. I've got m8s from Africa, from Canada, from the Middle East hittin me up about a possible VF6:eek: For a game that nobody is supposed to be playing, just the rumor alone of a new edition is creating a tumult.:confused:

I just seen a couple of youtube streams featuring VF gameplay and they never show VF gameplay. And they're like shocked that VF5FS looks so good.

Even if there is no 6, just the threat that there might be a VF6 is coming, is striking fear into the Tekken 7 and DOA 6 communities.:ninja:

Its the mutha FN Thunderdome out there.

Somebody just said they seen some dude with Tiger Swallow Fist on his shirt just smash a Tekken 7 dojo sign to pieces , and a bunch of DOA 6 lollipops just got arrested for solicitation WTF?

Its FN Pandemonium out there. Word on the street is 20 of the baddest fighters on planet just got let loose. Its like some J6 type $hIT is about to go down

Let's hope that March 25 brings some long awaited VF news;)
    5. Sonic The Fighters
      Sonic The Fighters
      VF is the best by far, this legendary fighting game needs to comeback more than any games from SEGA.
    6. SoulTruth2013
      SoulTruth2013
      After seeing this picture, it could be Virtua Fighter 6. But I am not gonna get my hopes up too much. It would be awesome to see that happen.
      beanboy and Sonic The Fighters like this.
    7. Jotamide
      Jotamide
      Most people today can play fighting games without taking sides like fanboys from the early 2000s. I advise you to keep this headassery to yourself next time, it makes the community look bad.
      Myke and masterpo like this.
    8. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      It's not 'making fun' of us, VF fans are just choosing to get their hopes up over a guy in a gi. It's going to be Segata Sanshiro Jr.

This, we can enjoy what we like without putting others down.
      Myke and Dreamboat like this.
    9. masterpo
      masterpo
      Ah, but I am a fanboy from the early 2000s:ROTFL: Also takings sides is exactly what fighting games are all about. If we're driving a Bugatti, or Mclaren and you're driving a hoopty its not our fault:whistle: Sadly, DOA 6 is now all about the lollipops, and Tekken 7 has degenerated into a glorified 2.5D fighting game, with more fireballs, whirlwinds, explosions, and pyrotechnics than ever all while offering less features than ever. Me pointing this out is not a bad reflection on the VF community but rather a bad reflection on DOA 6 and Tekken 7. Both DOA 6 and Tekken 7 has F#cked there fan base over. Let's not even bring up paying for hair color changes and the 1000's of dollars in DLC that Tecmo is perpetrating against its fans.

Naw dude, my headassery and fanboy side taking goes way back. Back then we had a saying, "I'm rubber you're glue, bounce off me stick to you":ROTFL:

If we're really going to talk about what makes the community look bad, we might start with all those grown ass men that play DOA 6 obsessing over the scantily clad lollipops in the game. All that $@#! looks very suspect dude:eek: Its some very untoward !@#$ going on with all those lollipops and the DOA6 community. Looks very creepy to the uninitiated:sick: Its all has the appearance of some real unseemly !@#$ That's why Tecmo knows they can charge 1000's of dollars for the lollipops in the skimpy clothes, because the whole thing borders on some dicey, unseemly, untoward !@#$:holla: I'm not trying to point any fingers, but..... dude , those lollipops in DOA6 are real suspect and the prices that Tecmo is charging, just makes the whole thing look like some twisted, sordid excuse disguised as a fighting game:oops: I'm not saying any laws are being broken, but the whole DOA 6 lollipop thing looks very suspect:cautious:

If you want to talk about what makes a community look bad, you might want to start with all that lollipop sordid !@# going down in DOA6:ROTFL:

I am definitely a proud VF fanboy from the 2000's. Not only is VF clean and decent family fun, it happens to be the best FN 3d Arcade fighting game ever made:D And its not just better by a little it is magnitudes better than Tekken 7 and DOA 6 , demonstrably better;)
      Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
    10. Dennis0201
      Dennis0201
      One more day to get screwed :ninja:
      Myke, BlackGeneral, beanboy and 4 others like this.
    11. Myke
      Myke
      Well, today is the day and the website currently has this:

upload_2020-3-25_10-41-31.png

Text translates to "birth today"
    12. Ali
      Ali
      This could be very well another series of announcements/events in regards to SEGA new projects. Kinda similar to "road to 2020" but with more advertising from Segashiro...

Again I hope we VF fans get a bone ..
      beanboy and Sonic The Fighters like this.
    13. Mech
      Mech
      Vf3 port on Xbone.
      MadeManG74 likes this.
    14. Adamay
      Adamay
      How long till they announce it? Will SEGA make a live stream? Or just a tease on that site?
    15. MadeManG74
    16. Shinobi
      Shinobi
      Come on, SEGA! I can't sleep!

[​IMG]
    17. Mike_akka_Jacky
      Mike_akka_Jacky
      They say "
      Wait a little longer until the site is released"

can't waiiiiittt!!!!
    18. Adamay
      Adamay
      Birth today? Means the birth of Segata Sanshiro's son announcing Saturn Mini.
    19. Mike_akka_Jacky
      Mike_akka_Jacky
      Indeed, it could disappoint VF fans... even if it could be nice. Actually, a saturn mini is a good idea, but not within such a quid pro quo... :(
    20. Adamay
      Adamay
      Why the site is down?