1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

SEGA Announcement on 25 March?

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Mar 19, 2020.

By Myke on Mar 19, 2020 at 7:51 PM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    As a part of SEGA's 60th anniversary, something is being teased that's seemingly fighter related. The announcement will be made on the 25th of March 2020. What could it be?

sega-60th.jpg

The text above roughly translates to "6 days until birth", and will continue to count down until we reach the announcement date on the 25th of March.

Start speculating naaaoooowwwww!

DoomFry, noname, SUGATA and 5 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Blitzball Champ
      Blitzball Champ
      Not surprised at all. The whole timeline on the website is nice, but that is all. At the end of the day, I have access to VF5FS and VF4 EVO, so I will be happy. The main thing that sucks is there is a slim to none chance of there ever being an offline scene for these games for me and my home state of North Carolina. As long as there is Street Fighter, Tekken, Soul Calibur, Granblue Fantasy Versus, or any newer fighting games in the picture, VF will always get overlooked or ignored here. That is why online play is really the only choice I have. It is good to see that there are still places in the world that have consistent gatherings and offline tournaments for VF, and who knows, maybe that door will open for me more in the future, but any chance of that happening in my neck of the woods is slim to none unfortunately.
      ToyDingo and jimi Claymore like this.
    2. Mech
      Mech
      I'd rather they figure out how to make money making another VF before they made one.
      jimi Claymore likes this.
    3. kungfusmurf
      kungfusmurf
      .... This is for you FanBoys, there's a saying in American Football. "That's why girls don't play the game." Look @ the brand & what it represent. Where's Tony, When's VF6!?
      Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
      masterpo likes this.
    4. Emptyeyes
      Emptyeyes
      I'm not surprised. I would rather enjoy what I have now. Good things come to an end all the time. I wouldn't mind a series collection of this game for new generation consoles.
    5. beanboy
      beanboy
      Maybe this whole thing, is just stage 1, of sega's promotional master plan.:sneaky::holla:

PS: Another thing, imagine if this whole thing, is for a new sega console.
      Wait...................Oh my Gosh!:holla:
    6. Ali
      Ali
      Continued until VF5FS doesn't mean ended...

I don't know why people.expect any company to say that a series of its own has ended and they would they will be frank and won't make it subtle.

Companies end products and go back to them whenever it's feasible and profitable.

This is a promotional site .. it could be the start of things and it could be nothing....
      jimi Claymore and MadeManG74 like this.
    7. Sonic The Fighters
      Sonic The Fighters
      F*** Nagoshi

That guy worked on VF2 right ?

He takes all the budget and employees from SEGA for milking to death his "just ok franchise".

How can he ignore Virtua Fighter with all the resources and power that he has to make VF6 ?

I bet it's because of him we didn't have a real Shenmue 3 from SEGA Japan or a new VF.

He has everything, the studio, the money, the skilled employees, the motion capture...

F*** Yakuza 8 or 18 we don't want that at all, stupid botox old ugly man.

Work hard on the real game now, even the ballz are fake and plastic !

Take some risks a make the damn game that everybody want and ask for.

make Virtua Fighter 6 or "GO SEGA", YES GO DIE right ?

so stupid.
    8. ShinyBrentford
    9. Ali
      Ali
      I really don't think it's his fault or say... If anything this guy kept SEGA alive and his series is really good if not awesome sometimes.

I am gonna set up KOEI as an example of shifting gears. I used to love their Romance of the three kingdoms and Nobunaga No Yabu franchises. Unlike DW ( utter trash after DW5 and arguably 4), those two franchises were really really good. They dropped off the radar for years until a change for management happened and here were... We are getting more of those two franchises than DW these days and with higher production values.

Things are not static, management changes and what isn't profitable or fund-able today might certainly become that.

I had hoped for this site because of the 6s that we had on it and the judo stance and what not .. but really I don't think it's even the best time to announce it or bring it back when the whole market is all about Sony and M$ launching their next gen products.

I absolutely feel down... Yes Fu*k SEGA, but on the same time... We haven't gotten a deconfirmation or anything... We are basically where we were prior to this useless website.
    10. Sonic The Fighters
      Sonic The Fighters
      Nagoshi used VF2 and VF5FS just to sell his Yakuza games.

While he could port some clean versions of this 2 VF games with online for PS4/XB1, he made a port of the no care Super Monkey Ball (another game from him) from the Wii !

At least why we still didn't have a great collection of the VF games since all these years ????

This generation was the generation of the collections, remasters, remake, ports...

People love and respect this IP so much, it just makes no sens from SEGA.
    11. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      As @Ali said;

This sums up my thoughts perfectly.

Where is this? I scrolled through the 90's section and couldn't see a Daytona section?

Yes, they were all laughing at you specifically.

That's not true @Blitzball Champ We started scenes in Toronto and Sydney from scratch, Boston just recently jump-started their scene as well. People will play the game if they like it. It just takes a little bit more legwork when it's old hardware. Basically bring a PS3 or 360 and let people know in advance, be consistent and you'll find players.

Yep, they're planning to do a bigger thing in June, this is the start of more 60th anniversary celebrations.
      It's not going to be a console though.

This is the sort of weaponised salt I was hoping to see.
      Sonic The Fighters likes this.
    12. Dreamboat
      Dreamboat
      It's on the /segashiro page rather than the main 60th.sega.com one:

Attached Files:

MadeManG74 and noname like this.
    13. noname
      noname
      I wait for the 6 until 6/6/2020 :p
      Sonic The Fighters likes this.
    14. Sonic The Fighters
      Sonic The Fighters
      Yeah we have to wait again, and maybe we will have to wait our whole lives...

But using VF like that to create some hype, that's no bueno. Mostly if you didn't do anything with the game for many years.

The virgin guy never had the kimono once from the Akira stance of the teaser in that advertising. Without to forget mentioning the number 6 !
      noname likes this.
    15. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      1) They didn't use VF. It was a guy in a gi.

2) I don't have to wait to play the Virtua Fighter games that exist.

Awesome, thank you!
      Dreamboat likes this.
    16. Sonic The Fighters
      Sonic The Fighters
      Not lying i'm hyped with VF right now and i want to play, but still the game is not fixed on Xbox !

And yes that 6 and that Akira stance were clearly a reference to VF...
    17. Citrus
      Citrus
      I didn't bother following up this mess, I'm really not expecting anything of relevance.
      Until now the only information that I consider relevant and important enough is Yu Suzuki's statement on being in talks with Sega, which could mean they either hand him the title once again to make it his own sequel(just as they did Shenmue) or he is working with them on a possible project as a consultant.

Either way it really didn't sound like anything was in the making at the time.
      beanboy and MadeManG74 like this.
    18. Ali
      Ali

I hope he is working with them rather than them giving him the IP.

As faithful and "beautiful" as Shenmue 3 is, it could have really used AM2's /SEGA's bigger resources.
      But that's just my opinion and having said that, Shenmue 3.waa very very faithful to the series and I kinda trust You Suzuki
      Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
      beanboy and Sonic The Fighters like this.
    19. Sonic The Fighters
      Sonic The Fighters
      Sozos likes this.
    20. Dennis0201
      Dennis0201
      Is this supposed to be fighting game relative for the whole time?
      Anyway, I believe most people feel the same way as I do...... :meh:

Then go back online, that's what we have. :ROTFL: