1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

SEGA Announcement on 25 March?

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Mar 19, 2020.

By Myke on Mar 19, 2020 at 7:51 PM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    As a part of SEGA's 60th anniversary, something is being teased that's seemingly fighter related. The announcement will be made on the 25th of March 2020. What could it be?

sega-60th.jpg

The text above roughly translates to "6 days until birth", and will continue to count down until we reach the announcement date on the 25th of March.

Start speculating naaaoooowwwww!

DoomFry, noname, SUGATA and 5 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Mar 19, 2020.

1. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      1) You can still play with people, just match-make on here.

2) You're absolutely wrong, but believe whatever you like.

Shenmue 3 was kinda faithful, but they fucked up a lot of things that were great in the originals.

He fell for our brilliant ruse to drive up site traffic too. All according to keikaku.
    2. Sonic The Fighters
      Sonic The Fighters
      Come on MadeMan, so why all that hype, these views, these likes...

Only because it seemed a lot VF related, and all this thread itself says it too.

a LOT of people thought about VF with that SEGA teaser, that was not pure hazard.
      Sozos and noname like this.
    3. Ali
      Ali
      Yeah... I mean you can't even compare the budget to the first two games. Tons of limited resources and I got the feeling that Yu's studio is just... Not experienced.

He really can't use that studio to do a VF game... Not with those animations.
    4. Oioron
      Oioron
      Just because a bunch of people on VF site no less, saw what they wanted to see and got hype, doesn’t mean that it was meant by SEGA to hype up VF. It’s pure speculation on your part at best. It’s more likely and probably to be just a coincidence.

At this point, I think that those who are desperate for VF6 are going to see anything VF related on almost any SEGA announcement. The vaguer the announcement from SEGA the stronger the speculation on VF related news will be.
      ToyDingo, beanboy, MadeManG74 and 2 others like this.
    5. Sonic The Fighters
      Sonic The Fighters
      Not only on VFDC at all.

But everywhere in the world and on the internet (YouTube, forums, video games websites, social medias...) tought it was maybe VF related.

Akira stance + 6 a coincidence, yeah right...
      beanboy and noname like this.
    6. noname
      noname
      Song "That's Life" (Gordon Kelly L / Thompson Dean K):

That's life
      That's what all the people say
      You're riding high in April, shot down in May
      But I know I'm gonna change that tune
      When I'm back on top, back on top in June
      I said that's life
      And as funny as it may seem
      Some people get their kicks
      Stomping on a dream

But I don't let it, let it get me down
      Cause this fine old world, it keeps spinning' around

:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:
      Regards.

PS: there is an effing [2] in VF4 SPoD...
    7. Oioron
      Oioron
      You’ve been clearly craving any type of news that is somehow related to VF6. Of course I’m not surprised that a silhouette of a stance that VAGUELY looks like Akira and the #6 was enough to convince you and get you speculating.
      Yes SEGA must have an entire team of marketing folks just assembled to troll VF fans. That must be it! Sheesh.
    8. Sonic The Fighters
      Sonic The Fighters
      lol teasing the "SEGA 60th Anniversary" with Akira stance + 6, instead of Sonic...

Of course i am stupid and i will not think about Virtua Fighter at all.
      noname likes this.
    9. Oioron
      Oioron
      I wasn't arguing on whether you or other people saw "clues" and thought VF6. My argument is on whether SEGA purposefully referenced VF to troll VF fans. On which case, I don't think it was purposeful and most probably a coincidence because there's not enough evidence to convince me that it was otherwise.

Silhouette is too skinny to be Akira, there were more evidence that it had to do with Segata Sanshiro. And the #6 is more probable to be inline with the 60th anniversary. 60 day countdown for a website I think may be too long for marketing purposes.
      Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    10. Ali
      Ali
      I won't deny that the fan in me saw it as VF related ( tho a few hours after that I kinda was semi convinced it's nothing VF yet I kept hoping).

I don't think they purposefully trolled us, but I think there is some VF-ness in the whole thing. I don't think SEGA is so stupid not to think people will associate the judo stance and the number 6 with VF6 after all... They have one fighting game with a leading character that wears similar robes and does a similar stance and the next release should 6th.

I am kinda glad it ended up this way vs VR -VF based game.where you train with Segata's son ( I actually thought it would.be this given the shadow characteristics LOL).

Wish SEGA more success.
      Sonic The Fighters and noname like this.
    11. SNAKE BOSS
      SNAKE BOSS
      beanboy and Sonic The Fighters like this.
    12. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      LOL I fucking love this trailer. "AKEERA YOOKEE, I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR U..."

Anyway, I've been thinking with all the people who were thinking it's VF6, maybe we should channel that activity and/or frustration towards Sega with something a little more positive?

I thought it might be worth using the momentum to try and get some attention from Sega that fans would be willing to remove risk from Virtua Fighter ports to PC, PS5 and Xbox Series X.

If we can frame the campaign as people willing to back a kick-starter for these ports, it might get a little more traction or attention. It's 99% likely to result in nothing, but if nothing else it might get more people trying out Virtua Fighter at events or online!

Make some posts, tag Sega accounts and start using tags like #portVirtua or #kickstartVirtua

Like I said, it'll probably not get Sega's attention, but it might get people talking about VF in a positive light and/or more people trying the game.

Shinobi, beanboy, Sozos and 1 other person like this.
    13. noname
      noname
      We will inform you that "SEGA Co., Ltd." will be born on April 1, 2020. :ROTFL:
      Sonic The Fighters likes this.
    14. Ali
      Ali
      Actually a serious "we need a proper VF5FS port" petition/Kickstarter will most likely result in us getting that IMO. It will be easy to showcase interest.

The only catch is, you won't even get the people.in this thread to sign.

Only trashy petitions ( like Shaggy for MK11) get signed. So I'd rather not show that to SEGA.
    15. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      There have been petitions for VF in the past that garnered many signatures, but I think it's more important to show Sega we are still playing and supporting the game or creating content around it.
    16. Sozos
      Sozos
      Players from all fg communities thought that was vf related. Sega is relentless.
    17. VF2011
      VF2011
      According to Kotaku this means Sega games and Sega Interactive are merging to just be Sega. Hopefully this leads to them to making more games in the future, they have been very quiet lately.
    18. beanboy
      beanboy
      Merging might be a good move for sega, and it'll be cheaper for them too.
      And yeah, I hope this means more games too.
      Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    19. Ali
      Ali
      That's entirely possible.

They have a big library that they can certainly use.
    20. Ali
      Ali