1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

SEGA CUP travel thread.

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by 00000000, Feb 19, 2013.

1. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    I am waiting to get paid again before I think about getting plane tickets spending 200 to 300 dollars on plane tickets hurts my wallet horribly but I won't have bills to pay next payday so I will have to give in at that time. I haven't even looked at a hotel yet I am just focused on getting the plane ticket right now

Yes I am interested just shoot me a PM about you current plans the same goes for anyone else too

2. 00000000

00000000 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ZeroLovesDnB
    Hey all, I've updated the original post with a bit of info that may help you guys.Let me know if you need anything else.

3. nou

nou Well-Known Member

What's better to fly into. Ontario Airport or Orange County Airport?

4. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

Ontario is closest to the event. Orange County (aka John Wayne) is roughly the same distance as LAX. However, LAX may have better public transportation

00000000 likes this.
  5. 00000000

00000000 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ZeroLovesDnB
    Yeah, it's like Brisal said. Any reason you're between those two airports? There's also an airport in Long Beach. I know you're in the NW, I normally fly in and out of Long Beach to Seattle because Jet Blue uses Long Beach. 2Hr flight and the prices hovers around 180$.

nou likes this.
  6. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

Dont forget Burbank Aiport (Bob Hope)

7. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    I'm interested in travelling to this. But it would be nice if I can share a hotel room or crash at someone's place. Especially as it will be only for the weekend it seems.

cobratron likes this.
  8. Chibiaya

Chibiaya Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    i wanna commentate this event :)

Chanchai, Cozby, oneida and 1 other person like this.
  9. MotorCityJacky

MotorCityJacky Well-Known Member

10. SNAKE BOSS

SNAKE BOSS Well-Known Member

This is good because I am looking for someone to go together to sega cup and that we both are in CT we can go together and share a room 50/50 so it will cost less. I am real about this so if you are interested let me know and this way you will get to know me for real in a good way.

11. Cros

Cros Member

I have no expectations of doing well in the tournament, so the real incentive here is the opportunity for a bunch of casual games.

Anybody know if there are still plans for casuals on Friday? Or if anything is planned for Sunday?

floodnhard and 00000000 like this.
  12. shadowmaster

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    That is how I feel too buddy I plan to go there to meet the people I would never see normally and meet them in person. I play VF for the real VF experience not because I am good because in reality I am terrible at VF in general. If I am able to meet west coast players or people from other places I will be happy with that. I had the same experience when I met quite a few of the NYC crew at Winterbrawl like Denkai, Rodnutz, Cidkid, and Tricky to name a few people. The chance to meet you people will mean more to me than playing the game itself and I don't get that feeling playing online either I saw that after going to 1 event offline. More people have to experience that for themselves instead just playing online with limited social interaction with the people they play with.

floodnhard, R_Panda and cobratron like this.
  13. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    Cruzlink and myself just booked our flight. Arriving at LAX on Wednesday and leaving on Sunday.

Is there a general hotel people are staying at?

00000000 likes this.
  14. cobratron

cobratron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

I'm staying at Radisson Park Inn. We're working on getting the rest of Team Norcal into hotels close by. But since everyone waited last minute to book rooms its getting harder to find anything available for the low. So of the 15 of us carpooling down only 2-4 have a place to stay at the moment. o_O

15. cruzlink2

cruzlink2 Well-Known Member

Seems to me like most people are not staying in the same hotel. Shag and I want to know if there is a hotel where the majority of people are staying, that way we can stay there and get the most casual play possible. Post where you are staying please :).

16. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    Haven't booked yet, Hampton Inn LA/West Covina looks good. I'd be checking in late Friday night.

17. cobratron

cobratron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

thats just the thing. i dunno if its because disneyland is nearby but alot of hotels in that area have no rooms left. this becoming a big issue since i may have to dropoff/pickup people at several different spots. anyway the hotel im in will have a bunch of casuals going on since i know some international players are staying there as well. i should have 3-4 setups in my suite.

Chanchai and Dennis0201 like this.
  18. Cros

Cros Member

I know this is kinda last minute, but is anyone looking for someone to split a hotel room with?

I’ve got my flight and rental car all sorted out. Now I’m just looking for a hotel room.

19. shadowmaster

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    I am getting a room with oneida personally and I plan to bring a set up over there too for some in room sparing sessions too. It should be fun that weekend both in the room and at Sega Cup too.

20. nou

nou Well-Known Member

So for the people traveling by plane, how are you guys bringing a setup? Not sure if I can bring mine, so yeah...