1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Sega Fes 2018- 'Surprise Announcement': Virtua Fighter Speculation!

Discussion in 'News' started by MadeManG74, Feb 28, 2018.

By MadeManG74 on Feb 28, 2018 at 1:27 PM
  1. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

Sega Fes 2018.jpg

On the 28th February, Sega announced 'Sega Fes', a Sega Festival held in Akihabara on April 14-15, 2018.

The 'Sega Fes' is meant to be a celebration of Sega, both old and new, and of particular interest is a 'surprise announcement' taking place during the event, that's 'unique to Sega' (apologies for the google translation):

http://segafes.sega.jp

I take from this that there's a surprise announcement, tournaments and a live stream of the event.

Could this be something Virtua Fighter related? Consider first everything we went over in the JAEPO Speculation thread.

Also worth noting they mention:

Tournaments - Perfectly suited to something like Virtua Fighter.

The event is Held in Akihabara - The spiritual home of Virtua Fighter, with the most populated Virtua Fighter Arcade being Club Sega Akihabara, where possibly the best players in the world convene on a regular basis.

And...

Sega Fes 2016 saw AM2's previous game announced - AM2's Souls Reverse was announced at the last Sega Fes, held in 2016. Could they be making back to back reveals?

Considering this event is meant to be a celebration of 'Sega old and new' Virtua Fighter would certainly fit the description as one of Sega's enduring legacy franchises.

EDIT:
    It's worth noting that some games people suspected might be the 'Surprise Announcement'; Sonic Racing and a new Shining Force Spin-off have already been announced. In theory this excludes them from being the 'Surprise Announcement' at Sega Fes.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    Shinobi, Myke, Technocrow and 2 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by MadeManG74, Feb 28, 2018.

1. cobratron
      cobratron
      At King of Ramen next to my hotel:
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

My hotel:
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
      MadeManG74 and Technocrow like this.
    2. def
      def
      So any mention of VF?
    3. Stl_Tim
      Stl_Tim
      The warning sign on the side of the building is hilarious! “Please do not bring any dangerous goods in the parking area!”

This means Kage isn’t allowed on the premises.
      cobratron likes this.
    4. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      It's a 'Surprise Announcement' so I think they won't mention anything until the day, whatever it is.
    5. cobratron
      cobratron
      This one from Golden Gai had me dying too

[​IMG]
      Ellis, Myke, Stl_Tim and 1 other person like this.
    6. Jason Elbow
      Jason Elbow
      God please be VF6...
      MadeManG74 likes this.
    7. Ellis
      Ellis
      More stores should take after that stance.
      I just hate it when you enter a store or restaurant and they give a suspicious welcome; i never know what to believe :p
    8. MakiLeSushi
      MakiLeSushi
      Guys don t expect anything. Fs means final showdown, that s it...
    9. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      Final Tuned?
      ;)

It might not be anything, but I think there's enough reason to pay attention.
    10. Dragonps
      Dragonps
      Never say never, there's plenty of games/movies with "final" in the title. Maybe Sega meant this is the final for VF5? Not VF in general
      Tricky and def like this.
    11. Citrus
      Citrus
      Partnership with SNK and a Virtua Fighter alongside? not sure the surprise announcement is about Virtua Fighter though.

80% sure a new Virtua Fighter will be announced, the information is already out there even though it doesn't say it's VF6 it's pretty easy to assume that Osaki's next project is also going to be on console.
    12. Dragonps
      Dragonps
      I made a video about it here: https://youtu.be/S2R8-3j8mXI

Hope it's ok to post it here, if not my apologies. I was going through recent announcements made by Sega and ticking certain games off the list.
      Jason Elbow, def and Tricky like this.
    13. def
      def
      I really hope it's VF6. Hopefully the graphics will be unbelievably realistic since if I'm not mistaken the trend of a new VF game shows the graphical power of the series. Hopefully Sarah looks like her VF5 portrait in game.
    14. Tricky
      Tricky
      you can see that now if you play her in DOA. Those were the high def models in animation.
    15. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      Where did you get speculation for a partnership with SNK?
    16. def
      def
      I meant in whatever engine Sega is using for VF6 (if real). I would hope Sarah would look more like her DOA5 model. She was so much more better looking than VF5 model, you could see the strands of her hair. Also her face was better, not sure if it was because it seemed more Asian looking or something?
    17. Myke
      Myke
      Of course it is!
      Ellis likes this.
    18. Citrus
      Citrus

No speculation, just kidding, but why not after all?
      I don't think the surprise announcement is about VF that's all.

But I do believe VF6 will be announced there.

I fully agree with ENGdragon, and remember that AM2 still has to announce various games on PS4 (unless it has been cancelled), and what arcade game they produce would be a viable release on console? What's more is that they or he (Osaki) didn't say they have "one" title, but various titles on PS4.
      def likes this.
    19. def
      def
      If VF6 is confirmed. I hope it comes to console sooner rather than waiting sometime after an arcade release especially since arcades aren't as popular (to my knowledge) as they used to be. Do what DOA did with DOA3, skip an official arcade release or do what DOA5U did and release one later on.
      I hope we get something released for systems THIS YEAR since it is their 25th anniversary whether it's VF6 or something to hold us over.
    20. Citrus
      Citrus
      I've not seen Sega do that in a long time, every game they have on arcade has a console release very soon after if not at the same time.
      Arcades are not their main market nowaday, this is why the quality got down a little, I mean just look at kancolle and soul reverse...

If anything Arcade will just be a test playground, as Namco did with Tekken before.

Knowing that this is the period when new PS4 titles are announced prior to E3 and TGS, we can assume that those titles will be shown there if AM2 is present (as they are every year).
      I never had much hope for Jaepo.

Also about Verendus and his leak supposing that he overheard something about a new Virtua Fighter.

I've never believed he did hear about it, he just assumed it was Virtua Fighter in the same way I assume AM2 has a game coming to PS4, according to Osaki's response to Playstation Dengeki article and the "unnanounced titles coming".
      In fact he just said a new VF is coming quoting the same article, adding afterwards that he didn't care much about this particular news.

So I guess those were mere assumptions, but logical none the less.

Let's just believe there is nothing as so many coincidences.
      Last edited: Apr 7, 2018