1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Sega gave me a FREE VF4 arcade machine!

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by ice-9, Jun 9, 2002.

1. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Poll #3

3. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Poll #4

4. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Sorry to have to lie, but I needed attention drawn to this thread. I admit that false advertising is a cheap tactic. Anyway, we at VFDC want to understand our demographic better so we can deliver information more efficiently.

Please take the minute needed to provide your input into the 5 following polls. We hope to get a good response (at least 100 votes) so we can get a clearer picture of our audience.

There can only be one poll per post, so please don't forget to provide input in the four posts following this one.

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://virtuafighter.com/versuscity/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1023631989ice-9">

Whom do you most consider your primary character?
    <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="1">Akira
    <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="2">Pai
    <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="3">Lau
    <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="4">Wolf
    <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="5">Jeffry
    <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="6">Kage
    <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="7">Sarah
    <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="8">Jacky
    <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="9">Shun
    <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="10">Lion
    <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="11">Aoi
    <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="12">Lei Fei
    <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="13">Vanessa
    <INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>

5. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Poll #5

Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey. The results will guide which character(s) we will try to focus more attention on and will ultimately benefit you.

6. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

7. Mr. Bungle

8. Mr. Bungle

Re: Poll #3

9. ReCharredSigh

ReCharredSigh Well-Known Member

btw, bungle, you forgot to include "pig" for one of the stereotypes /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

10. Mr. Bungle

Gah. I did, sort of. I had to repost, and somehow "the ambiguously gay martial arts man" poll option got left out accidentally in the copy and paste...oh well.

11. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

pig or cheap....just to see what people say.....wait, that can be a whole other topic.....maybe negative things about the game.......oops, i meant chars......the games awesome, no reason for a topic like that....

12. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Where is Jeffery from

<font color="red">J</font color><font color="green">E</font color><font color="orange">F</font color><font color="pink">F</font color><font color="yellow">E</font color><font color="brown">R</font color>Y IS FROM FIVE (not Australia... the <font color="red">Satan Shark</font color>, however, is from New Zealand). /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/frown.gif /versus/images/icons/blush.gif /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif /versus/images/icons/wink.gif /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif /versus/images/icons/cool.gif /versus/images/icons/crazy.gif /versus/images/icons/mad.gif /versus/images/icons/shocked.gif /versus/images/icons/smirk.gif /versus/images/icons/grin.gif /versus/images/icons/ooo.gif /versus/images/icons/confused.gif

13. Mr. Bungle

Re: Poll #4

[​IMG]

14. HighKing

HighKing Well-Known Member

I smell a homophobic.

15. Mr. Bungle

Oh fuck off, you goddamn idiot. You don't have a clue. You're nothing but a fucking troll piece of shit, and it's nice to see that at least some people on the board aren't stupid enough to miss this, it being reflected in your little popularity star rating.

Piss off, you awful jackass cunt.

16. HighKing

HighKing Well-Known Member

No, I'm kidding. I just wanted to see you snap. C'mon Mr. Bungle can't we all just get along. I sometimes get the urge to flame newbies too. /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

That little star was from that fucking dickhead Enkindu, I hate
    that fucking ass licker.

By the way I like your polls, I think it's frigging hilarious! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

17. Mr. Bungle

/me grunts irritably

18. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Alright!! We reached our goal with 100+ responses for each poll.

Poll #1 tells us that the top four characters used is Akira, Lion, Jacky, and then Kage. I'm quite surprised to see Lion up there. Overall, I thought the distribution was quite good, and it's understandable to see Shun as the least used as a primary character. That Jeffry is right above Shun is a little surprising to me, however.

Poll #2 shows strong demand for Vanessa, Lei Fei, Akira, Aoi, Shun, and Lion info. Vanessa, Aoi, and Shun I can understand, but what about Ken's dojo for Lei Fei and mine for Lion?? There's a pretty big Akira FAQ somewhere too, if I remember right. Also, I'm quite shocked with Wolf's relative level of interest.

Poll #3...heh heh, shows us how good people think they are. A big bulk voted themselves as Step 3, which I think is a little generous. Also, 15 of our readers must be very good players...I hope these players will post more of what they know!

Poll #4 is in-line with expectations...Akira and Shun voted the two most difficult players, followed by Aoi, Vanessa, and Lei Fei.

Poll #5 shows Shun as the leading character most people want to see more of, followed by Aoi, Vanessa, and finally Jeffry.

Based on this data, my next dojo will probably be on Aoi. If I have time, I will do one on Shun as well, but this is doubtful given that Evo is just around the corner.