1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Sega micro more disappointing than XSX "gameplay" reveal in May

Discussion in 'General' started by GustavoHeisenberg, Jun 3, 2020.

1. GustavoHeisenberg

GustavoHeisenberg Well-Known Member

This was what the hype was all about, didn't they learn anything from Microsoft about over promising.

But this is Sega, I'm used to them failing with Sonic, Sonic heroes was my favourite, I tolerate Christian Whitehead's 2 sonic but I'm not head over heels in to 2D sonic. Plus I disliked how they didn't have shadow the hedgehog in sonic mania.

I'm even less hopeful for VF6, if we are lucky it'll be released 5 years later in the arcades in Japan

Tumbling Dice and jimi Claymore like this.
  2. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

I heard about the game gear micro news, last night on dreamcast talk. Despite the slight surprise, I'm glad to see that sega, is slowly trying to come back. Hopefully sega makes the micro a bit larger though. And hopefully, this is leading to something big, in the next few weeks, or months and we won't be disappointed.

If sega has to take 5 years to make a good VF6 game, that isn't a watered down, nerfed, crappy game and doesn't suck, then I have no problem with them taking that long. But to be honest, they should be able to make that game, in less time than 5 years.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    Tumbling Dice likes this.
  3. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

The market reaction seems pretty good for those mini size retro consoles, such as PC Engine Mini recently. But releasing 4 different colors and adding "big screen" kit makes me wonder what kind of strategic SEGA is thinking about......

Tumbling Dice and jimi Claymore like this.
  4. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    1.15 inch screen. That's smaller than my smartwatch. This thing is tiny beyond functionality. Basically a novelty keychain accessory/collectors item. Hilarious.

Tumbling Dice and Dennis0201 like this.
  5. Tumbling Dice

Tumbling Dice Well-Known Member

I would honestly be a huge fan of this if they all had the full 16-game lineup, and the different color models were just for fun and to add some personality. Splitting the games up across four color variations of the same device seems a little bit greedy to me, personally. It's especially disappointing to see this regression after the Genesis Mini offered a much larger lineup of 40+ quality titles at the same price as the other competing mini consoles. It would be great if they changed their minds and gave users a bigger bang for their buck (and included the magnifying screen replica with every purchase, since that seems like the huge complaint for many prospective players, so far). The game lineup is honestly pretty good, though! The Game Gear is another underrated console.

As a novelty item, I think this a fun one, though. I've personally always enjoyed the miniature model consoles, though, ever since I bought one of the Yujin Sega History Collection capsule toys from a really nice seller going by figuresmoon on eBay way back when! So, Having one of these mini model replicas being functional is a cool added bonus ;)

6. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

I’m confused, I thought the major announcement was for “fog gaming?” We do have round1entertainment in America and if I’m not mistaken Japanese owned. This might be a good sign for America in the future? If fog does well In Japan we might get lucky? The news is definitely better than I expected.

7. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

I think "fog computing" can only be implemented in Japan since they have arcade stores. Looking forward to see SEGA can disclose more info about this tech.

8. beanboy

Yeah, me too.

9. ICHIBANin10000

ICHIBANin10000 Well-Known Member

Fuck that. I'm for Sega , I vote with my wallet. Im getting my Game Gear Micro. It's the first time Sega has made hardware in 20 years!!! This is like when the SDF-1 rose out of the bay it had been sitting in for 10 years. You millennial cucks just don't get it. I'm buying two: one for me and one to give away as a prize in the next NYG. And yes there WILL be a NYG this year even if we only have 5 people. VFWARLORD HAS SPOKEN!!!

10. Ali

Ali Well-Known Member

Sorry Sega but this is TRASH.

beanboy likes this.
  11. Blitzball Champ

Blitzball Champ Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Blitzball_Champ
    XBL:
    Blitzball Champ
    Welp..........at least it will be able to fit in my pocket. The original Game Gear was cool, but that thing was fat!

12. beanboy

I hope they make a larger one though. With more than 10 games on it.