1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

SEGA NFT Super Game, Virtua Fighter, Judgment 3

Discussion in 'General' started by masterpo, Apr 12, 2022.

1. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Here we go:mad: Folks just look into the crystal ball:cry:

Here come the NFT's VF will have NFT's that will tie into Judgement. We will be able to take our VF skins into Judgment and our Judgment skins into VF and other Sega games. This Virftua Fighter x Tekken is testing the waters for exchanging NFT's between fighting games. They've already tested graphic assets between Judgment and VF. They are bout to test sharing assets between Tekken and VF. We already tested sharing assets between DOA and VF. Here we FN go:eek: Buy a customization in either Virtua Fighter or Tekken for $150 -$250 and you'll be able to use the customization in both games. Then you'll be able to sell your customization later for $2,500 to $5,000 to some other sucker. The FGC community is bout to be taken to the cleaners. We bout to be robbed yall. :cautious: We bout to get punked, ganked, hornswoggled, hoodwinked, swindled, hustled, bamboozled, raped, pillaged , and plundered :ninja:

Sega and its Super game concept is just going to be their version of the F#cking Metaverse where we will be paying 100's of dollars a year to play a F#cking fighting game. They say its all going to go down over the next 5 years. VF6 is coming out in that time frame. I'm betting its gonna have support for a whole bunch of NFT, Meta Verse, DLC, Microtransaction Bull$h#t.

I know, some of yall can't see it., but mark my word:ROTFL:

https://www.engadget.com/sega-super-game-nft-multiple-titles-143849853.html
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/s...multiple-games-may-include-nfts/1100-6502351/
    https://www.thegamer.com/sega-super-game-multiple-titles-nfts/
    https://gamerant.com/sega-working-on-mysterious-super-game-project/

Last edited: Apr 12, 2022
  2. Shinobi

Shinobi Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Spiros_1978
    And all this started when Seiichi Ishii, the designer of the original Virtua Fighter, left SEGA and moved to Namco, where he created the Tekken series. All the way back in 1994.

masterpo likes this.
  3. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

I noticed for months now, there have been a few former VF players, and fans on youtube, saying that too Po. That VF6 might be an NFT and microtransaction game. I saw in a recent vid, that sega got backlash from fans again, for talking about NFT's. And there is a belief, that the new open world Sonic game that is being hyped, might be a sort of NFT testing ground.

Judgement 3?:holla:

masterpo likes this.
  4. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    The originator of Virtua Fighter (Yu Suzuki) had a vision and was trying to push 3D graphics and simulation in a video game as far as it could be pushed.:X3:

Of course back in the day game developers wanted to be paid and wanted to also make money, but many of the developers were introducing new concepts, pushing the limits putting things into video games that had never been seen before in a video game. :cool: They were exploring and expanding the concept of a video game:holla: while making money at the same time.

But this generation of developers they're not even trying to make video games. For this generation, e.g. (Soon to be new Virtua Fighter game) included its ALL about monetization.

They don't produce video games:unsure: They produce monetization schemes disguised as video games.:sneaky: Its a slow moving money grab with Wall Street Quarters disguised as seasons and monetization mechanics posing as gameplay. Since the Arcade scene went under the problem has been, how do the game publishers come up with a scheme to get money out of you every time you pick up the stick or pad? If you don't go to the arcade any more, how can I bring the arcade to you. They need a way to make money every time you play the game (every time). And the next best thing to the Arcade business model is the Games-As-A-Live-Service-Hobby-With-Seasons

The game publishing industry doesn't want the customer to think of the video game as something that you can buy, and own, play and then put down. So they came up with the video game is really a hobby scam. They want the customer to see a video game as a-kind-of living hobby (like building model cars or train sets ) that you just keep pouring more and more money into. Instead of paying one prices $69.99 and getting a game disk and that's it. The industry wanted to turn the whole thing into a live service hobby that you spend money on through the concept (Wall Street Coordinated) Seasons. You start the service by paying $69.99 then every 3 or 4 months (depending on the financial investor's calendar) you spend $29.99 to $39.99 more on the game for the next three or four years. But since its no longer a game but a hobby you don't mind spending hundreds or thousands of dollars for something that when it was called a game was a one time cost of $69.99.

So the new Kung Fu Hustle is to try to convince gamers that they can make money off their hobbies through buying and selling their DLC/NFT's for hundreds and thousands of dollars

https://www.idtech.com/blog/hobbies-to-replace-video-games
    https://wiki.rugdoc.io/docs/play-to-earn-games-p2e/
    https://phys.org/news/2019-05-video-games-hobby-majority-americans.html
    https://www.eurogamer.net/why-i-will-never-call-video-games-a-hobby

If the game publishers can convince you that you're buying a full time hobby instead of a video game then you won't think anything is wrong with spending hundreds or thousands of dollars on your hobby. On the other hand you would feel like a jack ass spending $1200 on a single video game. So the strategy is to:

• Change concept from game to live service
    • introduce the 'seasons' concept
    • introduce day 1 patches
    • introduce patch and update schedule
    • introduce calendars for the service.

Keep in mind that at the end you don't get any more than you would have gotten when the live-service (hobby) used to be called a game. Its just now you pay 3 to 4 times for the content now that its called a live service. To make matters worse live services are offering less and less legitimate content while charging more and more $$$$

The tragic thing is that if you were born after 2009 you think the live-service-game-as-hobby-NFT scam is normal. You don't see anything wrong with spending hundreds or thousands of dollars on your hobby.

The game publishers know they're robbing the new generation of gamers they just don't give a F#ck:cautious:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2022
  5. Shinobi

PSN:
    Spiros_1978
    So, even though you have zero evidence, you found SEGA guilty and the next VF to be a fighting game scam.

Ok...

masterpo and MarlyJay like this.
  6. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    So what evidence of a prediction for a future event that has not happened would you be capable of digesting or understanding.

I could show you my Bayesian Probability Equations, or I could perhaps post My Dempster Shaefer functions. Yet again I could elaborate on a few of my epistemic plausibility theorems, all of which offer direct explicit , quantifiable evidence of my claims but some how I suspect @Shinobi mathematical or logical probability is not exactly your cup of tea:oops:

I am making predictions ( a prophecy if you will) about a future state of events. And you are
    assuming that I have no evidence, but you are wrong. What you would like me to reveal is something that will lead to the fact that I'm an insider, or that I have sources inside company X or company Y. Obviously I can neither confirm or deny my status with respect to insider information so that leaves us in a wee bit of a quandary:unsure:

My crystal ball says there are NFT's, GAAS, Dodgy DLC, Seasons, and lots of micro-transaction, blockchain BullS#it in gaming's future and in particular the future of some of Sega's upcoming IP (including whatever the next VF will be called). You want to call me out:ROTFL:

@Shinobi you silly wabbit. I'm only half monk, the other half is vulcan:LOL:

7. Shinobi

PSN:
    Spiros_1978
    Well, I am mechanical engineer and mathematician so maybe mathematical/logical probability is my cup of tea.

Anyway, you keep comparing VF for UFC and SIFU all the time, games that belong to other genres, and have nothing to do with fighting games. You want SEGA to turn VF into a generic simulator like UFC, but at the same time you afraid that the inclusion of DLC costumes from other fighting games (e.g. Tekken) will alter the DNA of the series.

Also, you lack basic knowledge about video games development and how developers operate. And for now, nobody outside of SEGA really know how the japanese company will incoporate NFTs into their video games, and in what way NFTs will affect our beloved VF.

So, forgive Spock, but I'm not so sure that you are a real Vulcan, and certainly not a time traveler.

masterpo likes this.
  8. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    :ROTFL::ROTFL:

Mechanical Engineers do take some basic mathematics and hopefully if you had a good program your institution would have thrown in a logic course or two. So if I except that you are an mechanical engineer and that you do have the requisite mathematics and logic background that comes with that basic training, and I have no reason to doubt you on this, then your assertion

Is not consistent with your education and training.

I offered four articles as evidence in support of the propositions that I started this post with. Now, these articles may poorly support my proposition, barely support my proposition, controversially support my propositions, strongly support my propositions, or offer only entailed or inferential support for my propositions but they are proffered as evidence.

You may choose to agree, or disagree with the content, suppositions, analysis, reporting, or editorial composition of these articles. But it would be intellectually dishonest as a person who is an engineer with a logical background to assert that I had Zero evidence. As an engineer you of all people should know there is a difference between bad test data, incorrect test data, incomplete test data, irrelevant test data and no test data

And as someone that claims to have a background in logic then you would know that the articles I submitted as evidence support my inferential conclusions from an:
    • inductive reasoning position
    • abductive reasoning position
    • deductive reasoning position
    Also good engineers are very detailed oriented. You know the measure-twice- cut -once sort of detail. So a good engineer would not engage in jumping to a conclusion of Zero evidence without having first digested all of the details including the articles and their references.

I'm not afraid that the inclusion of DLC costumes from other fighting games (e.g Tekken) will alter the DNA of the Virtua Fighter series. Because the inclusion of DLC costumes from Tekken will ipso facto alter the DNA of Virtua Fighter series. The fact that Virtua Fighter has never had guest characters or the explicit likenesses of any of the characters of Tekken in any version of Virtua Fighter to date, and now in VF5US we will have them requires a change in the DNA of Virtua Fighter (regardless of how slight of a change)

Virtua Fighter is more than just its fighting engine. Its roster, Its stages, its visual presentation are also part of its DNA.
    • Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown has Yellow, Purple, Blue, Red Hit Sparks. No other Virtua Fighter in the series had this
    • Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown will for the first time in the history of the Virtua fighter series have Tekken Skins
    • Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown will give players the option to have a Tekken UI for the first time in the history of the franchise.
    @Shinobi It should be apparent, especially to a mechanical engineer, that changes (even if minor) have occurred, are occurring and will likely continue to occur in the Virtua Fighter DNA.

We could argue whether those changes are positive or negative. But there is no argument about whether change has happened.

Yes I would rather that VF evolve more in the direction of a martial arts simulation. That is of course how it started out. No I do not want VF to evolve to be more like Tekken. I'm a Tekken player. I main Lei Wulong and Leroy (and have a pocket Feng Wei). Tekken has mastered this type of game play. VF should find its own space.

If you've truly had any formal logic training at all, then you should be able to inductively determine the impact of NFTs on video games in general, and on Virtua Fighter in particular simply by following news of the impact of NFTs on video games to to date:cool:

Virtua Fighter x Tekken 7 is persona non grata

9. Shinobi

PSN:
    Spiros_1978
    I will suggest some things that you may find illogical, yet they are very practical, especially in your case:

1. If you hate VF, please play other games. Games that suit your tastes

2. If you hate Tekken, please don't buy the DLC. It's the best way you can to keep the VF DNA, intact

3. VF, Tekken and SoulCalibur borrow ideas from each other from the very beginning, so you can stop worrying SEGA will turn VF into Tekken

4. Your opinion is not a fact

masterpo likes this.
  10. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    @Shinobi Its all good m8 no offense meant. But to clarify a few things:

• VF is my favorite 3D arcade fighting game. I play VF4, VF4EVO, VF5, and VF5FS regularly. To your point. I don't play VF5US ( I literally can't stand to look at the Hit Sparks) I won't buy the Tekken DLC. I wouldn't download it if it were free.
    • The entire Soul Calibur series is my second beloved 3D arcade fighting series. At 6:00 p.m. EDT today I will be in a casual tournament with family and friends playing both Soul Calibur 6 and Tekken 7(y)
    • I currently own every version of Tekken for the Playstation (except the Tekken Tag series) and I regularly play Tekken 6 and Tekken 7, and during holidays Tekken 4.
    • For the most part all the other games borrowed from Virtua Fighter from the beginning. VF was the original the progenitor. VF5US is the first time that VF is demonstrably borrowing from any other 3D fighting game and playing follow the leader with Tekken and SF.

Of course my opinion is not fact. But for those who take the time to read my walls-of-text and VF tomes they will see my opinion is sufficiently supported for a Video Game web site. I'm not saying I can't be wrong, or I haven't been wrong in the past or that I won't be wrong in the future. However, I am saying I have coherent and demonstrable reasons to believe my own posts and I usually post my reasons as a part of said posts.

I play a couple of genres of computer video games. 3D arcade fighters is one of those genres. The Virtua Fighter series is at the top of my list. But the more simulation and realism in a video game the more I like it. Ghost of Tsushima comes to mind at the moment. That game imo is a sheer masterpiece. I prize the Virtua Fighter series over both Soul Calibur and Tekken precisely because it had a more realistic presentation. And VF4 and VF4Evo in particular were going for AI realism and player immersion in that realism.

I know there are many many many players that would be perfectly happy (perhaps even hopeful) to see the fighting engine of VF mixed with Kuma, SubZero, Roger Jr., Katana, Kano, Liu Kang, Panda, Akuma, RYU, etc replete with Fireballs, Super Moves, Whirlwinds, Pyrotechnics, and Meters. I'm just not one of the players and they are entitled to their preferences. I personally believe it is a marketing mistake for the Virtua Fighter series to chase these games.:cool: Virtua Fighter is in a class by itself. And aesthetically its far closer to DOA games (imo) than it is to the Tekken (which I enjoy). In fact both Virtua Fighter and DOA would enjoy a much bigger market if they would move more in the direction toward martial arts realism and leave the martial arts fantasy to Tekken, Guilty Gear, Soul Calibur, KOF, Mortal Kombat, SF, Blaze Blue, etc. Realism in martial arts is very hot right now. And both VF and DOA have everything to gain by pursing more realism and nothing to lose (but already meager communities):whistle:

I'm more a Star Trek person than Star Wars person. I watch them both. But if forced to choose...... I'll take simulation and quasi realism every time;)

@Shinobi no worries m8. I understand and respect your position and I believe your position reflects the majority view. I am so persistent with my view because it is a minority view and as a monk I am bound to fight for those who cannot fight for themselves. To defend the weak, the powerless and the under represented That's what real monks do. And after having achieved Kohlinahr its the only logical choice I have.

That is why I am MasterPo the Last Monk.:X3:

Cheers!!!!!

Shinobi likes this.
  11. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-radio-to-chase-fortnite-riches?sref=P6Q0mxvj

Quick Notes from the article -
    - as reported earlier, the "Super Game" initiative/project for the next 5 years is for multiple planned games.

- 4 games planned so far under the "Super Game" initiative. Crazy Taxi and the Jet Set Radio reboot are likely the first two games to be released from the project (Japan division in charge). Apparently using the Fortnite model as a guideline. A FPS shooter (Europe division in charge) is in the works. The plan was to offer “contents and services that can create a large community.”

- As reported late last year, Sega partnered with Microsoft to use the Azure cloud platform as part of its "Super Game" initiative.

masterpo likes this.
  12. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    https://news.bitcoin.com/sega-hints...etaverse-elements-in-its-super-game-proposal/

https://www.telusinternational.com/articles/the-metaverse-and-the-future-of-gaming

https://techstory.in/nft-and-metaverse-elements-to-be-included-in-segas-super-game-proposal/

From a software development perspective, the games involved will have to either share game engines e.g Virtua Fighter and Judgment now share the Dragon engine or the many games that, are built on Unreal Engine 4 (UE4), or Unreal Engine 5 (UE5), or file formats STL, VDF, DXT, CTY, DLG, SST, DXF, etc, and potentially share storage platforms, e.g AZure Cloud. Once these technical issues are addressed whats left is IP licensing among and between games and companies. After the IP licensing is addressed , international laws regulations, etc is addressed and then the coordination and delegation of technical support and legal liability is addressed and the rest is just book keeping.

Sony Home, Second Life were initial metaverse experiments

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Home
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Life

Gaming will eventually become a way for the large corporations, to suck every dime, nickel and penny out of the market while offering less and less content. The Metaverse has a future off draconian online-only-online-always DRM, where we no longer own games, planned obsolescence is the norm, and game publishers use AI to maximize profits and minimize expenses (.a.k.a the game content). That is the goal of game development optimization where the optimization problem is:

What is the maximum amount of revenue that a game can generate and what's the minimum amount of gaming content that the market will accept in exchange :cool:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Games_as_a_service

So the current GAAS experiment is calibrating just how much gamers are prepared to spend for minimal amount of game content. So the game publisher puts out a shell of a game, promises the gamers a roadmap. Then they milk and force gamers to pay for the game development apriori with microtransactions and DLC that eventually transforms the shell of a game into a complete game after 2 years; and ultimately the player has spent $250-$350 for a game that use to cost $59.99, $69.99 and be complete out of the box.

The real question is what are gamers prepared to do about it other than just give up the money:whistle:

13. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Rebooting Crazy Taxi and Jet Set Radio? Lol! Those two games are actually good. If they sucked, then they could reboot them. Or even better, make a side story game that is online multiplayer, where they could do whatever craziness they want to do. Geez. Lol!:confused:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2022
  14. Dragonps

Dragonps Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ENGDragon83
    XBL:
    ENGDragon83
    Just pointing out that you'd made your point around 8 separate times in this post so I'm just quoting one section.

Po answer me this, how many consoles have you purchased over the years?

How many games for those consoles have you purchased?

How many accessories for those consoles have you purchased over the years?

Guess what, that's money you've spent on your hobby because gaming is a hobby.

I own 12 consoles from different generations and over 400 games, I've spent hundreds and thousands on my hobby because like most people it makes me happy.

There's nothing wrong with spending money on your hobby, no matter what you say to the contrary.

We've already had this discussion and you failed to give any evidence to the fact.

However I'll state it again if you've forgotten, if gamers really want more realism in their fighting games then tell me why MK and Tekken are outselling the realistic UFC by a ridiculous amount?

The simple fact is that gamers DON'T want realism, at least not in their fighting games. If they did then UFC would be the top selling fighting game and the fantasy elements from Tekken and MK would be toned down.

Po you're wrong on this opinion please let it go.

As for everything else you stated there's simply no evidence of what you're saying is going to happen.

masterpo likes this.
  15. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    @Dragonps At the very least I must commend you for at least attempting to make an argument in support of your position. Many folks these days can't get past the emoji and meme stage so congrats(y)

As far as your argument that gaming in general is a hobby. I concede you are correct, and my argument is sloppy in that regard.

The point that I should have emphasized, is the game publishers want you to make a single game a hobby and they want you to endlessly or at least for 3 to 5 seasons spend hundreds of dollars on that single game.

Put another way: back in the days of games delivered on disks. You bought your game., and the hobby aspect of it was the money you spent on the chair, the stick, the monitor, the memory, the computer. So in that regard yes we all spent a great deal on gaming as our hobby.

But the new rub, is to extend that spending not on things outside of the game, but on microtransactions inside of the game after we've purchased the game. So now in addition to spending money or the chair, the stick, the camera, the monitor, the memory, etc, the game publisher wants us to perpetually spend money on things that used to be part of the game e.g.

• bullets for guns
    • tires for cars
    • hair dye
    • character customization
    • power ups
    • grenades
    • scopes
    • paint
    • speed. etc.

To your point I have 3 operational PS2s, now 4 operational PS3's , 1 operational PS1, and 2 operational PS4s. And literally hundreds of games. But the games for the PS1, PS2, and PS3 are not services. For the most part except for some expansion packs and DLC. Everything that's in the game came with the game!!!! I paid a single price, not a continual price for playing the game.

The dollars involved with the hobby aspect of my PS1, PS2, PS3 games can be measured in tangible physical things:

• Gaming Chair
    • Stick
    • Headphones
    • 50 Inch Monitor
    • Gaming Console
    • Gaming Disc (with all of the game features on it), or download with all features included

Now we are being prompted, cajoled, mesmerized, marketed, and psychologically herded into extending our hobby dollars to intangible software artifacts such as:

• paint,
    • wheel size
    • hair dye
    • gun color
    • tekken skin
    • car speed
    • bullets,
    • grenade impact
    • character custom colors
    • gun textures
    • different time of day (for maps already owned)
    • different weather (for maps already owned)
    • size of collectible storage (how many farmed items can be stored)
    • The ability to save a profile
    • The ability to customize your screen name and banner
    • and so on, so forth, etc
    All of these things are intangibles that don't really cost much for the game producer to generate but for which they now charge serious dollars In fact on the PS1, PS2, PS3 games we received these things as part of the game for the price of the game. But now, the game publisher wants to say that because the game is a Hobby, we should perpetually spend money on this stuff like we perpetually spend money on our other hobbies.:confused: Here is where "there's a sucker born every day" comes in.

Its one thing to willingly be a sucker. It another thing to get suckered and you didn't or don't know you've been suckered.

This particular variation on gaming as a hobby or more properly GAAS as a hobby is predatory and for suckers:cool: and gamers are being raped, pillaged, plundered, bamboozled, financially and psychologically ransacked, and victimized by the findings of gamification theory.

Yes you're right in a sense gaming can be a hobby. But the publisher are turning the
    idea of gamers paying for the software development process and the requisite artifacts of a video game into a hobby. The hobby is to: not only pay for what you play bit by bit and piece by piece but pay for what you play until the publisher decides the server and service are no longer profitable.

I will spare no quarter to these predatory practices and I will call this Bull$#it out at every turn.

16. Dragonps

Dragonps Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ENGDragon83
    XBL:
    ENGDragon83
    Well here's a radical idea for you, don't buy it.

You know why they do these things? Because people buy them, always and I mean always vote with your wallet.

When you say things like this it's pretty clear you've never worked in the industry or have a handle on how the industry works. Let me explain a little:

Lets start with "Tekken Skin"

A skin for any character has to be designed first, you can't just say to the 3D modeler "oh yeah it's Kazuya outfit from Tekken you know the one" no you have to have a design of it and artists will be paid for that service.

Then you'll look at if any changes need to be made in respect to the skin, are you doing it like for like or adding/changing anything. This process can go on for a while while a design manager or art consultant looks at it back and forth.

Then finally it can be modelled which takes time, money and labour. Then it has to be signed off by the design director (or similar)

Then let's look at "different weather/time of day"

This sounds like it should be easy but it has so many different algorithms involved it could potentially end up being a development nightmare. What sort of weather effects, wet, ice, dry, arid etc. Lighting and how it effects the weather, position of the sun and moon etc.

But this one is the best:

As an example Tekken 7 has around 1500 different banners and/or titles to customize your profile with. Each of these banners had to be created by several graphic designers and as a graphic designer myself, I can't imagine the time and effort that went into completing them.

Again all of those banners would have been designed as a drawing first and then moved on to design.

Please don't downplay the huge amount of effort that goes into creativity.

We should spend our money where we want to spend it, some people like buying that sort of thing. No one should dictate how and where we spend our hard earned salary.

Look at it this way, if you're into train sets then you spend money on different ones (like you would with different games) but then you spend money upgrading or adding to the one you have (similar to one game)

masterpo likes this.
  17. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    I agree,., I agree.,. I agree..

I agree!(y)

All things being equal @Dragonps you're making very valid points. But the problem is
    the gaming industry along with many other industries are using social scientists, cognitive psychologists, marketing science, etc against us mere mortals.

Armed with the right amount of social and psychological scientific knowledge a manipulator can make the manipulated an offer that is extremely hard to refuse.:(

Sure some people are sufficiently trained to resist and combat strong psychological or cognitive attacks. Most people are not.:zzz: That's why the many many variations on gamification theory is running so rampant worldwide.

https://scholarspace.manoa.hawaii.edu/bitstream/10125/41310/paper0161.pdf

With enough personal profile & personal data on an individual or class of individuals cognitive inducements can be custom crafted and presented in a fashion that only the most mentally disciplined customer can resist.:mad:

In general its hard to beat science. Sometimes we can feint and duck, but when its used as a weapon, a person would have to be well trained to prevail.

https://www.apa.org/gradpsych/2012/01/hot-careers
    https://www.gameinformer.com/2021/0...craft-new-gaming-experiences-and-technologies

https://andyarttv.com/video-game-companies-hire-psychologist-to-make-gamers-addicted/

Sadly, the pschologists, and sociologists, etc are being used for far more than just
    UI/UX design.:unsure:

Btw

Just for grins and without letting you bait me (about insider status) too much:cautious:

Among other variants of Unix and Linux, I run Suse Linux. On that platform I currently use a few tools that I am proficient enough to earn a living from (when I want to) among those tools you would find the following recently used software (very recently used)

• Blender (2.76)
    • Open GL (Mesa 3D)
    • C++ 14
    • Java Swing
    • Inkscape
    • Povray, X-Povray
    • Qt 3.35, Qt 4.0 and Designer
    • Openscad
    • Gimp
    • Krita
    • KDevelop, Eclipse
    • Open Toonz
    • Umbrello

I would also say that I have an intimate knowledge of exactly how much effort goes into work that involves 3D modeling, 2D, 3D rendering, ray tracing, kinematics, story boarding, etc. :sneaky:

I also understand graphical engines, game engines, libraries, the concept of frameworks, and object/module re-use. And as hard as designers, and developers work these days (and most of them do work hard) its never been easier to do what they do:LOL:. In fact there are so many frameworks, templates, scripts involved that several AAA game publishers are trying to dispense with human designers and developers altogether and let AI, Machine Learning, at Automation do it all at a fraction of the cost.

The game designers and developers are not the robbers and the thieves. Its management, that take million dollar salaries while the average front line worker makes less than $150,000 a year. And exactly, specifically what do the managers, VPs, COO's etc do to earn 10, 20, 30 times more than the people who actually make the product:confused: The culprits are not the designers and developers but rather the evil overloards usually starting at the executive producer and going up the ladder.

The gaming industry is now larger than the movie industry. There are billions (who knows maybe trillions) to made. These corporations and are using all the cognitive science, data mining, predictive analytics, marketing science that money can buy to model, manipulate and finally milk every gamer boy and girl for their last dime.:cry:

This NFT , Super Game Bull$#t could literally destroy gaming as we currently know and enjoy it. I don't know how current Gen is going to turn out, but I fear next gen will be nothing but "Play-To-Earn", NFT-Pyramid-Scams, and otherwise gaming debauchery:sick:

Last edited: May 3, 2022