1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Sega planning something soon for VF5...

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Reno, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Reno

Reno Well-Known Member

http://www.versuscity.net/2009/07/10/sega-planning-for-something/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A bit of mysterious news popped up on VF.net and the official Virtua Fighter homepage today. There is a small post noting that the 3rd anniversary of Virtua Fighter 5 is right around the corner, and that Sega is going to announce a special project related to the game in the coming days. What it could be is anyone’s guess though. Is it a console version of VF5R? Is it a new tournament like Otenami Haiken? Or is it a new upgrade? Whatever it is, we’ll be sure to bring you the news as soon as it appears!</div></div>

2. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    VF5R is an official curse word outside of Japan now.

3. InstantOverhead

InstantOverhead Well-Known Member

How dare you taunt us with your VF5R Reno!

But on a serious note I'm sure it's a Japanese only thing as no American nor European sites have anything about it (at least yet). Not to mention you got the announcement from VF.Net which is for the Japanese arcade players.

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Tuned? 5R version C? New items? International version of VF5R?

4. jinxhand

jinxhand Well-Known Member

Smells like the "jp-only love" that Sega does for its PSU players...

5. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Thanks Reno, keep us posted!

Personally, I'm prepared to be disappointed. Again. [​IMG]

6. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Guessing a fall national tourney.

7. Truesonic2k

Truesonic2k Well-Known Member

What else could they possibly do to Virtua Fighter V right now? Version C couldn't be coming out so soon could it?

8. _Denkai_

_Denkai_ Well-Known Member

This is most likely a Company sponsored Tourney I'll bet money on that

9. Rulakir

Rulakir Well-Known Member

A VF5(R or non-R) Team Battle thingy would be nice... (wishes and wishes and wishes..)

10. Johoseph

Johoseph Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lau of America
    I would settle for a DLC of E costumes and some new items at this point... It's better than some stupid tourney...

Correct me if I'm wrong but E costumes were in ver D right?

11. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

New mode: Ultimate Happy Bingo Century!

12. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

I believe it's Japan only.....

13. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

LOL. That would be sooo....Sega.

14. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    when exactly is the anniversary date... anyone know?

15. Reno

Reno Well-Known Member

Just to add more fuel to the fire, for the past tournaments for VF5/R, they've never actually made an announcement like this on their site before, which leads me to believe that it's not a national tournament. I'd actually be surprised if it was any kind of tournament, but you never know.

I personally don't have any idea what it could be though, because for most of their little projects (tournaments, new modes, etc.) they have never made an announcement for an announcement. It's totally weird. We'll see in the next few days I guess.

16. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    July 12

17. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Maybe a game merger with KOEI and BANDAI to produce

Virtua-Fighter-Dynasty-Warriors-Gundam The remix [​IMG]

18. Fulan

Fulan Well-Known Member

I lol'ed

19. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

They're going to announce that your're able to use your VF.Net account on their new pachinco game, VF:R*Pachinco Ferrari Scud Edition* On a serious note, VF5 been out that long, never noticed. Oh well, TGS 09, BELIVE!

20. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    thank you... *sigh* looks like it's time to twist my dick back up into a knot. This time I'll drink lots of fluids till it explodes if they announce 5R for consoles.