1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

SEGA Replies to the Console Petition

Discussion in 'General' started by Myke, Jun 8, 2010.

1. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

yep, trust L_A. Oh wait, what?

2. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

You know you're going to have a lynch mob after you if you're wrong.

3. Xzyx987X

Xzyx987X Well-Known Member

I knew it. The last time it was just a lucky guess, wasn't it? [​IMG]

4. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    I'll protect him even if he is wrong! L_A for CEO? Yeah I kind of like the sound of that.

5. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

Everyone get your petition pens out. We've got something new we want!

On topic however, I think that Sega's message is a start. Who knows, they may do a Capcom and give us what we want.

6. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

you mean the item packs and costume swapping? No, that was insider info. Relax, fs is coming to console and if you don't hear about it at e3, it will bd announced on the 4 year anniversary or tgs at the absolute latest. Really all depends on the arcade timing. 5 and 5r had early summer releases while fs looks to be aiming for late summer. That is the main influencing factor for a console announcement right now.

7. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Can you give dates on those events? Im not so knowledgeable..

8. quash

quash Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SuperVernier
    XBL:
    GUILTY GAIJIN
    "Yes we can" - Borat Yomama

9. Darthminion

Darthminion Well-Known Member

So in other words by Sega the reply was something like. "sorry guys the game does not meet the correct conditions for a home console release so it wont be coming but you will enjoy the new VF game we are bringing out on console instead! Thanks for supporting us by buying our games!" lol

10. Jargen88

Jargen88 Well-Known Member

When I read this..It makes me think they are going to make a whole new console only version. It will be called.

VF5 STFU Already

11. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    All this talk is nice but this reply doesn't sound assuring to me at all. I just want to see Sega follow through with this and not only announce something but actually do it as well. I really hope LA is right because I would like to see a new version of VF on console in the next year or so.

12. llMICll

llMICll Well-Known Member

Thank you Sega. You had me at "but".

13. MAtteoJHDY

MAtteoJHDY Well-Known Member

I like the idea of VF5: Simulation Team Final Unit (S.T.F.U.)

14. biggz316

biggz316 Well-Known Member

sad....only folks that care about VF are die hard fans...most game sites don't even post VF info (gametrailers,ign,n4g and so on)and even when they do (like on giantbomb.com) read some of the comments. Non fans don't give a fuk about VF. SEGA releases so much bullshit that doesn't sell well anyways so I don't get why they can't just put out VF5FS...

15. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    What would you want them to be posting? Sega don't give anyone outside of Japan shit. You have to give people a reason to care.

16. Richkwondo

Richkwondo Well-Known Member

Well , when VF4 Evo came out in arcades , Ign and Gamespot posted news announcing it, videos screenshots and all. Same with final tuned.

VF5:R , however, never got that treatment by the US gaming press, and so far neither has VF5:FS.

A sign of the times, especially since VF5 isnt in American arcades I guess.

In the debut issue of the relaunched EGM, they had a feature on the Street Fighter 2 legacy. They interviewed devs from every fighting game from Mortal Kombat to Soul Calibur. But the pricks left out VF. Only Itagaki paid respect to VF by saying Virtua Fighter and Street Fighter were true innovators .

17. Setsuna_Goh

Setsuna_Goh Well-Known Member

lol, it's the same old thing they always say "virtua fighter is the best blah blah blah" anyone that knows fighting games will acknowledge it is, but never play it on account that it's "too damn hard", even ign said so when VF5 came out, that it was innovative, and advanced and stuff, but the problem still remains, NOT EVERYONE HAS THE BALLS TO PLAY VF

18. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    Umm......why would these magazines cover games NOT announced to cone to the US?

When VF5 came out on US consoles, they had all kinds of glowing reviews and specials out promoting the game. I specifically remember Milkman when he was still working for 1up.com and egm mag giving the game all kinds of praise in BOTH publications

people are ready and willing to give VF love, but SEGA is shooting itself in the foot with bad marketing and no VF4-esque tutorial showing people how to play VF, as well as the lame music, sound, and voices ruining presentation for potential newcomers...

19. Richkwondo

Richkwondo Well-Known Member

UMMMM, hello , EGM has cover Japanese games since it's inception. Why? Well for the uninformed people I guess I'll have to explain that Japanese games tend to be localised for the US market. The first issues of EGM covered the Mega Drive and PC Engine , which then became the Genesis and TG 16.
    And if you actually read the article , it was covering all fighting games after SF2, from both active series and inactive.

Even up till the end of EGMs 20 year 1st run , they had a section called "Foreign Object" where they covered new Japanese games . EGM mentioned they contacted Arc Systems Works and SNK, who declined to comment. If not for Itagaki there would be no mention at all of VF. They left AM2 out, that's criminal . It's EGMs first issue back in print in a year so I'll cut them a little slack.

20. EmpNovA

EmpNovA Well-Known Member

Not really. VF4:EVO wasn't really covered that much in arcades in Western media. When it was announced for consoles then the media storm happened. Videos of the 10th anniversary mode. Videos of the hyper fighting mode or whatever that was called. Videos of Goh and Brad. Once the console version of EVO was announced then the magazines and websites went to town.

I don't remember 4FT getting more than a few screenshots on most gaming sites. And IGN and Gamespot's sections of 4FT are less than barren.

http://cheats.ign.com/objects/661/661428.html
    http://www.gamespot.com/arcade/action/virtuafighter4finaltuned/index.html?tag=result;title;1

Once Sega of Japan wakes up and announces 5FS for the PS3 and 360 then you'll start seeing press releases, trailers, screen shots, and everything else.