1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

SEGA Replies to the Console Petition

Discussion in 'General' started by Myke, Jun 8, 2010.

1. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    When a man has nothing, it is then he is most able to raise himself up. When we dream the things we wish for happen by magic. When we wake, we know without effort a man is less than nothing [​IMG]

2. Reno

Reno Well-Known Member

3. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Well, SSF4 is getting added content from owning original SF4 in the extra alternate costumes there is. You cant get all costumes in SSF4 without owning original SF4. Maybe Sega could do something similar. Allow the installation of the custom content from the earlier game on harddrive and import it to the new game.

Also a way to get around the space limitation of XBoxes HD DVD.

4. samtheseed

samtheseed Well-Known Member

PSN:
    The_Beggar_So
    XBL:
    Shun is Drunk
    There was an article i read before somewhere where they had a feature interview with the CEO of Sega of (Europe? i think). It was some old white guy with white hair. From what i can remember about the article, they ask the guy about recent structural shifts in the organization about where they had fired 153 people from the company. The president in the dailogue he confirms that the company is going dropping alot of its (what they call) "wrapped package merchandise" (or some shit like that) and they're gonna start developing digital games (for psn, xbox live, iphone/ipad etc etc). Anyways i just reread this letter again and put 2 and 2 together, idk if anyone wants to dig up that article and link it, but i think that's what the letter is referring to when they talk about "conditions in the home console market." I don't think they really have the money to make a game that would sell so poorly over here. I mean they're gonna sell downloadable games! That's should be for independent developers or cheap ass remakes... Too bad, i don't think we're gonna see another VF game anytime soon.

(Sega of America is moving London, read the other articles)
    http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3178956

5. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm a little worried about this response.

Why would you respond to a 500+ page petition, specifically asking for a console release of the latest VF game, by saying "we don't have any plans to release FS on console due to various issues surrounding the console market."

It's the EXACT opposite way you should go about answering your fans request to play your latest game.

Seriously, I am not very confident we will ever see this on console, whether people heard a rumor it was or not. That sounds like a pretty negative answer to me, let's not misconstrue what they said as being positive when it's either neutral, at best, or negative.

6. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

It already has been stated on why SEGA didn't mention a console version yet.

7. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Haven't you learned anything from this thread yet?!

8. Hazzerone

Hazzerone Well-Known Member

Hopefully Sega never release a new VF then I can move on to some other game. There's a lack of players (and of these players, a serious lack of competent players) on VF5, and nowadays I find myself playing Tekken more and more and even though there is an overload of bullshit in that game, it more than makes up for being able to play competent players.

9. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    wat? Most people who play Tekken online are shit. I have like a 70% win rate [​IMG]

Less peep play VF online, but people tend to know what they're doing. I lose a lot more on VF dispite being better.

You're in no way good enough to complain about standard of play in either game anyway Hazz. You typed at least 2 years too soon.

10. Hazzerone

Hazzerone Well-Known Member

I'm good enough to complain when all I see is random evade and 2P thrown in at whatever disadvantage.

I played someone like this the other day and just had to turn the game off.

No point in playing when your elbow gets beat at +5 to a 2P anyway, utterly pointless.

11. MAtteoJHDY

MAtteoJHDY Well-Known Member

Hazzerone, dont give up yet, one game is not going to tell you who is "good" and who is "bad". winning is not all that matter. ask master po!

12. Emerald_Wolf

Emerald_Wolf Well-Known Member

This response doesn't really feel me wit confidence... but I'm gonna go ahead and trust L_A.

13. tex

tex Well-Known Member

Come on Sega WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO BRING THIS TO CONSOLES. Oh and I hope this will DESTROY TEKKEN 6!!!! Virtua Fighter 5 final showdown destroy TEkken 6. You hear me Sega, DESTROY TEKKEN 6.!!

14. FrakimusGrime

FrakimusGrime Well-Known Member

Hope??? IMHO it already does!

15. Alstein

Alstein Well-Known Member

Again, no reason for Sega to announce a console version before people have bought the arcade version.

16. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
  17. Fulan

Fulan Well-Known Member

you can't buy the arcade version even in japan.

18. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I think the point was that you cant play/rent/or anything else related to arcade version outside Japan.

19. EmpNovA

EmpNovA Well-Known Member

Then what sense does it make for Capcom to outright release SSFIV on the PS3 and 360 before even setting a release date for arcades? You are saying that Sega shouldn't even announce a console version yet because the arcade version isn't out. But Capcom put the latest version of SFIV out on consoles well before the arcade release. Maybe it's Sega who needs to learn from Capcom? Because Capcom certainly seems to know what it is doing with SFIV release wise.

20. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Cause sales wise SF performs better on consoles?! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

/me waits for next load of illogical shite talk