1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

SEGA Twitch VF5FS Live Event!

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Feb 23, 2018.

By Myke on Feb 23, 2018 at 6:35 AM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    In the ever growing list of everything SEGA can do to mention Virtua Fighter in the public sphere without yet including the all-important number "6" in a title, there will be a live twitch event on the Sega channel scheduled for Saturday 2 AM GMT (yes, that's two a.m. in the morning, Greenwich Mean Time). That's not a lot of time left between now and then, so read on for the (scarce) details.

sega-twitch-vf5fs.jpg

Here's what we know:

The SEGA Twitch channel will host an Xbox 360 / Xbox One lobby for Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown, starting Saturday, 2 AM GMT. Join the twitch chat, introduce yourself and you'll get an invite into the lobby. Game format (e.g. winner stays on, capped wins, etc) and duration of the event is unknown at this stage. Depending on the location of players, they may agree to allow for others to host the room temporarily, so you don't have to feel left out if your connection to Europe is not ideal.

Here are some handy time conversions:

• London, Saturday 02:00 (GMT)
    • Rome, Saturday 03:00 (+1 GMT)
    • Frankfurt, Saturday 03:00 (+1 GMT)
    • Madrid, Saturday 03:00 (+1 GMT)
    • Tokyo, Saturday 11:00 (+9 GMT)
    • Sydney, Saturday 13:00 (+11 GMT)
    • New York, Friday 21:00 (-5 GMT) (previous day)
    • Los Angeles, Friday 18:00 (-8 GMT) (previous day)

So if you're available and able to play, why not jump on and help rep VF5FS to a larger audience?

Thanks to @Jide for the tip!

40i4, Oioron and Mister like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Feb 23, 2018.

1. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      2AM
      AM2

Nice touch.
    2. oneida
      oneida
      where's the source?
    3. joanot
    4. Cozby
    5. Myke
      Myke
      So did anyone from here attend? What was it like?
    6. Seidon
      Seidon
      I took part. Was pretty fun. Only got to play 4 games during the stream and 2 of them sadly got cut off so was a bit bummed to get up at 2AM for it lol.

It was nice to get to play VF again, resubbed to XBL gold for the first time in 3 years to play. Played a bit with Marly earlier in the evening as well which was awesome.

I think I might keep my sub running and try to run an online lobby maybe twice a month when I'm free.
      MadeManG74 and Myke like this.
    7. Jason Elbow
      Jason Elbow
      Fuck I would have loved to join this.
    8. Mister
      Mister
      I was there too :p

I think it was the first time in a really long time (maybe since the game launch) that I've seen son many vfers online from my friend's list. It was so much fun. I wish SEGA takes the clue and give us vf6 or at least a vf5fs steam version.
      Myke and Ares-olimpico like this.
    9. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      It begs the question, why do all these people wait for Sega to play? What's stopping people running a semi regular room and stream for their own region?
    10. Kruza
      Kruza

Heh, my thoughts exactly. And the streamed (or not streamed) room doesn't even have to be region-specific.

Kruza
      Myke and Ares-olimpico like this.
    11. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      Well there's at least one weekly stream for EU/US via Virtua Revival, so that helps.
      This is nice to see that if more people try to coordinate games there should be a degree of success!
      Ares-olimpico likes this.
    12. Ares-olimpico
      Ares-olimpico
      Hey don't forget MARTES FIGHTS, Tuesdays since 21.00h gmt+1. Today another session
    13. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      Awesome! I take it this is based in EU as well?

Do you stream, or just have the regular room matches. If you stream let me know and i'll have Virtuafighteraustralia host your broadcasts.
    14. Ares-olimpico
      Ares-olimpico
      @MadeManG74 I can't stream for now, only record and upload to youtube my video capturer is external. Can you join next Martes Fights? Me are in Spain, Europe
      MadeManG74 likes this.
    15. def
      def
      Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    16. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      I'm in Australia, otherwise I would!
      Check the front page :)
    17. jerry mander
      jerry mander
      There might be legal reasons behind it. On the one hand, you have the fact that games should be considered bought and paid for by the fact you bought the disc. On the other hand, every company wants to make more profits if possible, and some companies are willing to cut off their nose to spite their face by putting fine print in their documents saying you can't gain revenue from their games and streaming and getting donations or running competitions for money prizes where there's a buy in would make it a crime. Just because most companies don't bother doesn't mean they don't have legal options available. Larger companies have lobbied in some states around the world to actually make such things illegal fullstop. Lots of people break the law on twitch but they're too small fish to bother with usually. There's a police saying "there's so many laws someone is always breaking one at some point, that's what gives us the right to stop someone".
    18. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      I'm talking about playing the game.

If you want to talk streaming though, there's VF5FS streams going on all the time, no legal issues.
    19. jerry mander
      jerry mander
      Maybe, but if people could host online tournaments with real prize money, you'd see a lot more eyes on those streams. I doubt many would watch football if there wasn't trophies and money involved.