1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

SEGA--->XBOX

Discussion in 'General' started by Kaede, Oct 10, 2001.

1. Kaede

Kaede Active Member

It seems that SEGA will announce that the whole Shenmue series will be going to the X and also PSO ver2(free). :)

There are also rumors about Sega Rally3, Skies2, Streets of Rage, and Outrun2. Also it seems that Shenmue 2 will not be released for DC in the US :( (I hope it comes out in EU).

And finally there are strong rumors(from reliable sources) that an enhanced version of VF4 will be making an appearance on XBOX in the future.
    ;)
    CIN

2. Kaede

Kaede Active Member

OOPS!! I posted with my brothers username(he was logged in) /versus/images/icons/blush.gif

CIN
    <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Kaede on 10/10/01 02:29 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

3. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Haven't heard any truth to the Shenmue 2 cancellation other than a thread over at GA. If it's true, SoA will earn my eternal wrath. Oh wait that already happened when they killed off Saturn.

Spotlite, any word?

4. CIN

CIN Well-Known Member

I too hope that S2 will not get canceled.
    Anyway if it is going to be canceled it is no big deal for me since I plan to own all consoles anyway ;)

I was going to buy a PS2 first(when price goes down since I have access to one already) but with all those XBOX-SEGA rumors I am beginning to change my mind. ;)

CIN

5. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    WHAT?!

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

There are also rumors about Sega Rally3...

<hr></blockquote>

Dude! This isn't a typo, right? You heard some rumors about Sega Rally 3 being on Xbox?! Okay, you got some explaining to do now. C'mon... come clean and spill those beans. Don't play with my emotions like this, man.

Kruza

6. capercat

capercat Well-Known Member

i'd say its a point now where people like me who have been holding off on buying PS2 (for whatever reason) will be starting to hesitate... i can't afford all consoles >.< .. i thought PS2 had it clinched for me with FFX, T4 and VF4 ... but thats changing ... i'm really wishing for the days when the choice was between SMS and NES.

7. CIN

CIN Well-Known Member

From what I heard(not much) SR3 will make an appearance on the XBOX and on the PS2. It seems that the XBOX version looks better than the PS2 version and will be the definitive version to get. ;) Also it seems to be looking amazing!!

I heard about this some time ago so I do not know if somthing has changed.(being made on Cube also or if it will go exclusive to any system considering that there seems to be a lot of money hats being given away recently ;) )

Also wait until you see Panzer Dragoon. It should be shown at TGS and it should look really good(maybe the best yet). It is said to be pushing some 18mpps with a vast array of effects.

CIN

8. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    That's basically what I was getting at before... to play S2 in US, you have to buy an X-Box.

Spotlite

9. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    and that from what I understand, that was Yu's decision (based on huge cash), not SOA or SOJ's. that's how I heard it.

10. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Oh.....I thought you meant just Shenmue 3 and on was gonna be on XBox....damn....*weeps like a little girl*

11. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Trying to picture David weeping like a little girl... That's too funny to imagine!!!!

Anyways... yeah, that would really suck if Shenmue 2 is indeed cancelled for the US DC, at least for me.

In addition, I'm happy to be hearing about SR3, rumor or not. I'm just hoping the game comes out. I still love the first two more than most racing games (though I've been playing quite a bit of F355 lately ever since I picked up Thrustmaster's Ferrari wheel for DC).

Kruza, got any network replay data for F355 you can send me? Any new SR2 records for you? Replays?

-Chanchai

12. Drunken_Master

Drunken_Master Well-Known Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO if sega make shemune for the x box i will never forgive them the unbeliveble Evil %$&*£

'Drunken idiot walking or staggering HIC,

13. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Re: WHAT?!

I think its all but a certain thing that ALL sega racers will goto xbox.

"Victory can be anticipated, but not assured" Sun-Tzu

14. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    SR3, PD, etc.

Oh yeah, I already know about Panzer Dragoon coming. There's no doubt that this game will be bought if/when (leaning MUCH further toward "when" now) I get an Xbox. So is Jet Set Radio Future and Gun Valkyrie. And good lord... Out Run 2 -- the true sequel of a game that spawned many MANY wannabees (*cough* Cruisin' USA and it's numerous sequels & spinoffs *cough*)?! I'm definitely there if this games makes it out! However, they can keep that Sega GT shit *yawn*.

Even if Sega Rally 3 is confirmed to be in development, I do have concerns. First off, who is the lead producer of this game? The lead producer of the first 2 installments of the Sega Rally series, Tetsuya Mizuguchi, has said before that he was done with creating racers. Although, Bill Gates could wave some green in his face to make him change his mind (Hey, why not? This apparently worked on Yu Suzuki.) Will SR3 debut in the arcades first? If so, what hardware will this game be created on? Will there be a Net Rankings board available to post times up and a Network Race mode for the console versions of SR3? It better have this stuff. Damn I can't wait to find out more on this game.

Kruza

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Kruza on 10/10/01 08:41 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

15. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    F355 & SR2

Man, I haven't played Sega Rally 2 in months. Last time I popped SR2 in my Dreamcast, I just watched and marveled at all the replays I had saved. The only "new" (i.e. latest of all my replays) one I have is one for the Super SS course. It's a pretty average run through this course with the Subaru Impreza WRC. I did plan on improving this run, but then I got helplessly addicted to improving my times in F355. Oh well.

I have driving data for every course in F355 Challenge. However, I'm still in the process of tweaking car setting and redoing most courses to improve on my times in Free Driving mode. I'm done with racing on the Monza, Sugo, and Long Beach courses for the time being. I'm working on the Suzuka, Nurburgring, Laguna Seca, Sepang, and Fiorano courses. I can care less about the ovals (Motegi & Atlanta) and the Suzuka Short. With the exception of the first 3 mentioned courses, I'm using the car settings with only an adjusted ride height -- 90.00 mm [front] || 100.00 mm [rear]. All other car settings are set at default for now, and I do plan on adjusting other settings in the near future. I also do endurance races regularly. As of now, the total mileage I've racked up in this game has reached over 24,000 kilometers.

At any rate, I can send you all the SR2 replays and F355 driving data that I have to you via Dreamkey Browser. Is the e-mail address in your profile your current address?

Kruza

16. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Re: F355 & SR2

Yeah, go ahead and send it to the virtuafighter.com email address. I'd love to get your collection of data and replays (I think I might have lost your older ones).

I take it the F355 and SR2 site are still up? If so, I guess my friend will want to try to compete with your guys' times as we're both part of the "no assist" philosophy. As for me, I still suck at the game too much to compare, but I'm working on it.

-Chanchai

17. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Done

I've just sent you all of my replays and driving data through the Dreamkey Browser. Let me know if you have gotten 'em or not.

Yeah the old Sega Rally 2 and F355 Challenge site is still up. I included the URL to that site within the message that has the Muddy SS3 replay for SR2 attached to it. Anyway, the SR2 replays on this site has most of the ones I sent to you through e-mail. However, most of my F355 drivng data at this site is old. I sent you driving data that has improved lap times for most courses.

Oh, and one more thing. I'm not sure if you know this already or not, but you cannot upload new lap times to Sega-AM2's official F355 site anymore. Bummer.

Kruza

18. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

Yeah that's really gonna suck, if the U.S version only comes out for the x-box./versus/images/icons/mad.gif

19. CIN

CIN Well-Known Member

Well guys as you may know Outrun2 is confirmed. It will come out in the arcade first on the new Sega-XBox hardware.

Regarding SR3 I got news that for now it has been put on hold till other projects are advanced. It will come out on XBOX arcade hardware or new arcade hardware that SEGA is developing first then it will be converted to the home consoles some time later.

Unfortunately Panzer dragoon was not shown in playable form at TGS. There have also been rumors about VF4 being converted to the XBOX in the future.

CIN

20. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

I hope to high hell VF4 comes to xbox, and sega does a complete redo of the game (maybe even 2 modes..one vf4 original, and a 3 mode with a e button) and redoes the graphics and models, puts taka back in...and adds new stages and COMPLETELY blows doa3 out of the water, cause of now...DOA3 crushes everything graphically (note, graphically I stated, not gameplay..I have not played it yet, so I can't comment on that side) That would be awesome to see vf4 reign supream on the xbox.

"Victory can be anticipated, but not assured" Sun-Tzu