1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Seimitsu for VF?

Discussion in 'Joysticks and Other Controllers' started by Andramelech, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Andramelech

Andramelech Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Andramelech
    A shorter throw than my EX2 is what I want for my new Brawl Stick. I see people complaining about the throw of the sanwa sticks sometimes, but never see complaints about Seimitsus as far as VF. When I dodge on the EX2 it feels like I have to barely tap up or down to not input too long for an evade. But on the corners I have to slam it all the way home. It's hard going from slamming to barely tapping for me..

I found a deal on an LS-58-01. I had heard they don't have a short enough throw though (like the LS-32's or whatever). Is it still less than the Sanwa though?

Does the LS-56 have the shortest throw of all? Too short?

Is there a Seimitsu stick that works great with the brawl stick in particular? I am only playing VF.

2. DomAug

DomAug dom Content Manager Lion Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    domaug
    i never used a Seimitsu but i read comparisons between that and a Sanwa JLF and just about everyone said Seimitsu has a shorter travel distance so i'm thinking your best bet would be a Seimitsu stick if you want quicker throw executions.

3. mfwebdude

mfwebdude Well-Known Member

PSN:
    x_Reikan_x
    Hey Andramalech, I can't answer what will work with your brawl stick, but I am on a similar quest. Built a custom stick starting out with the JLF. This is my first stick, so I don't have much experience with them. But I found it way to difficult to do things like evade > dash, box stepping, or stair stepping. Even after two months I couldn't do it in the dojo consistently.

I heard the LS-32 had a shorter throw, but after installing, my inexperienced hand can't really tell the difference aside from the shorter engage distance. It still seems like my hand/wrist/arm just can't do those fast motions with that much distance to travel.

Now I'm looking for one with the shortest throw possible. I don't know if it will be the answer but I would like to try. I've been researching, but it's hard to find a clear answer. I've heard LS-32, LS-40, LS-56, along with some other brands I've never heard of that I doubt would fit my case. Someone on this site even mentioned that someone on SRK makes custom actuators for the JLF to decrease throw.

I did find this though:
    http://www.kowal.itcom.pl/ArcadeParts_pliki/artZESen.htm

Looking at the chart, among the Japanese sticks the JLW-TM-8 has the shortest throw at 5.5mm, with an engage of 3.5mm (square gate/Japan(?)). The only seimitsu that comes close is the LS-33 with a 7mm throw and 3.5mm engage. Unfortunately, the JLW-TM-8 was discontinued so it may be hard to find.

Sorry for the long post, hope I helped.

4. mfwebdude

mfwebdude Well-Known Member

PSN:
    x_Reikan_x
    It was drift that brought up the JLF actuator. Guy name kowal (guessing it's the same guy who made the chart I linked to in my previous post).

5. Andramelech

XBL:
    Andramelech
    I ended up going with the LS-58-01. It'll fit in my case, and was really cheap. I'm sure it'll be better than the EX2 I have now. I'm not sure about actuators and stuff, but yeah, make sure it'll fit in your case.From what I've been reading, LS 32s are tried and true, and it's generally agreed they have a short throw. The LS-58 I got is newer and has a softer spring. I guess even my new stick wont make me 100% better..

6. capt_catalina

capt_catalina Well-Known Member

PSN:
    capt_catalina
    Seimitsu sticks have been used by the shmups community for years, and will crossover into fighters. Seems the most popular stick in my neck of the woods is the LS-56, but the LS-58-01 is great too. If I could find an LS-40 (The Neo Geo stick), I would go with that. ;-)

7. Andramelech

XBL:
    Andramelech
    This LS-58-01 is soooooo badass!! I literally got it, and beat my score attack record my first time using it. It feels like I'm cheating with this thing. It's designed in a way, so that the corners are about as easy as the sides, yet it kind of guides you, toward either a corner or side. It's the little bars that activate the switches, instead of the stick directly hitting the them..freakin genius.. This stick is so good IMHO, that I'm not really curious about other sticks anymore. No longer interested in hitboxes either. I now possess the ultimate power in the universe..