1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Selling Beat Tribe Videos and DVDs outside Japan

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by akiralove, Dec 24, 2003.

1. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Everyone,

Hey, I've just talked t Beat Tribe's Yamagishi, about the status of the most recent videos that will be available.

It looks like in 2003 season Volumes 5-8 will be released next, not just 5 & 6. So, people should be able to order 2003 Volumes 7 & 8 as well as 5 & 6 when the newest update is made. If people would like to order 7 & 8 in addition to (or instead of 5 & 6), please let me know.

As I haven't placed any solid order yet, and Yamagishi seems happy that we're ordering such big volume (almost 100 pieces as of now), any substitution should be okay. He's still citing this month/early Feb as the release date.

thanks again!

Spotlite

2. stpROCK

stpROCK Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Maldarak
    XBL:
    Ad4M
    I hope im not too late! I`d love to order 2 of the latest BT-DVD`s. It would be cool to own such official footage and support the VF-community.
    I hope we will keep ordering them in future as well.

3. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Hi, spotlite. Any update on this thing? when should we pay you? and when are you going to order? Also I PMed you a few weeks ago to add Vol 7,8 to my order, you got that right?

4. akiralove

XBL:
    JTGC
    Hey everyone,

I haven't updated recently about this because there has been no new info coming out of Japan about the videos, and no more have been released. I've gotten everyone's PMs, and I'm gonna be speaking to Yamagishi tonight about this and the BTC.

I'm sure they're still in coming, just slow to release. I think he's busy with the Beat Tribe Cup.

i'll know more later tonight

Spotlite

5. akiralove

XBL:
    JTGC
    Okay Everyone, the Good News we've been waiting for is finally here!

Last week, Yamagishi-san finally gave me the real news on all the new videos BT is releasing, and it's better than expected, although we've had to wait for a long time.

At this weekend's Beat Tribe Cup (which some of you are attending), BT will FINALLY be releasing the all the videos that have been promised for a few months now (2003 Tokyo Bay Area Cup Vols 5-8), PLUS 2003 Tokyo Bay Area Cup Volume 9, AND the 5th Beat Tribe Cup video!

As early as next week, I'm gonna be placing the big order to fill everyone's needs. If anyone is newly interested, or wants to revise their order, please let me know ASAP. I should have firm prices on the new tapes plus any changes to the prices of the older videos people wanted in the next week or so.

For anyone that ordered with me that's going to the BTC or has friends going, and will be getting the videos directly, don't feel bad at all about cancelling your order with me. I'll be re-confirming all orders early next week. Also, please feel free to take advantage of my offering to handle it, even with the large volume of tapes that have been released, it's still my pleasure to help people get all the videos they're interested in!

And, for those of you that have already placed orders with me, you'll be getting a PM with some good news in it just for you early adopters!

Get your orders in if you haven't already, looks like this is FINALLY ready to go down!

Spotlite

6. PhoenixDth

PhoenixDth Well-Known Member

i got 30 volume 9's and a volume 5 rotting in my room, hurry up and get them

7. akiralove

XBL:
    JTGC
    Hello Everyone,

I'm happy to say that the first batch of Videos has been SHIPPED!

the first of you should start getting your DVDs as soon as tomorrow. Please post up here or PM me to let me know you've gotten them.

I've shipped to the people who sent me $ for the Volume 9 promotion I did. For those of you who got the original mail about the early deal on Volume 9, but have yet to cancel or send me the $, please do so. I'll be sending PMs to all of you to remind you. The DVDs are just sitting here waiting for you.

I hope everyone enjoys this first Video and I'll be re-confirming everyone's orders for the big batch soon!

Thanks Again!

Bryan

8. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Thanks!!! I hope it gets here tomorrow.

BTW, what about other DVDs? How much is the Vol 1-8 and 5th Beat Tribe Cup? And when should I pay you?

9. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

A happy mailbox greeted me this afternoon! Many thanks for arranging all of this, Spotlite. /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

10. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

I got it yesterday, thanks a lot spotlite.

11. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

got mine in on saturday:)

12. stpROCK

stpROCK Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Maldarak
    XBL:
    Ad4M
    Today´s my lucky day! /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
    thanx for making this possible spotlite !

13. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

Spotlite>
    Thankyou very much for going through the trouble of getting the dvd's and for future orders too. If I can help in anyway at all please let me know. Thanks again!
    Laters^^

14. akiralove

XBL:
    JTGC
    I'm glad everyone's getting the DVDs! Next batch going out tomorrow at the latest, maybe today.

I've still got a good pile of them here for people I'm waiting to hear from, so as soon as you guys pay, you'll be gettin' 'em.

Spotlite

15. akiralove

XBL:
    JTGC
    Adam, Jerky, and Stompoutloud's vids...

SHIPPED!

BTW, for people who've gotten the vids:

1. How do you like the footage?

2. i'm going to be translating the roster, so people w/ no Japanese skills can read know what's going on/follow the flow of the matches (if you can't). How are people finding this, is it hard to know what's going on?

Spotlite

16. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

watching the 5th beat tribe cup, green book dvd and the ks2, I am pretty decent in knowing the players just from meeting many of them. But thanks in advance for your efforts in translating it. It would make it even better.

17. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

1. Footage is hot. Shun is well represented for a character who isn't supposed to be popular. He's also drinking heavily for the most part. There's a Vanessa who goes on a pretty mean run...those matches are entertaining. That Jeffry (my brother used his meager Japanese & translated him as Bokki Akira, IIRC) was just too nasty for words...hellstab>DEU>[4][3][P]+[K] followed later by hellstab>DEU>[6][K]+[G] coulda been sick save the uncooperative opponent. One Jacky used one of those new combos recently published in Arcadia, if memory serves. Beautiful Jacky stuff all around. Some great comebacks...One wolf (v lion?) match in particular stands out...But really comebacks of all sorts...rounds, matches & team comebacks...I figured it was just me who got complacent when the other guy's showing lp on the lifebar. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My only (& minor) complaint is the washed out brightness of one of the monitors. I don't know if this is something that can be addressed at the transfer end or not...it won't keep me from buying more dvd's, but we all do like the pretty colors.

2.It's pretty easy to tell what's going on as far as which team is which and who is handing & being handed. Translations would be great though, as I haven't the foggiest who's who other than a very obvious few.

Looking forward to getting in on the next batch.

18. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

Hey spotlite, I got my dvd thank you.

19. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

The matches are great, especially the final match.

Haijin is the best.

20. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

footage is great even with the army of NINJA. makes me wish i hadnt given up poor old shun.