1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Setup question

Discussion in 'El Blaze' started by Iamtheone1983, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Iamtheone1983

Iamtheone1983 Active Member

I've found you can (back turn) [2][P] and if you time it well, catch them with [3][3][P][G] .
    I'm wondering if there is an attack that triggers the opponents 'crouch' animation, like the (back turn) [2][P]?

Seidon likes this.
  2. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Hey, man!

Good question.

So in VF some characters have moves which put people in a crouching state.

El Blaze has these two:
    [2][P][+][K]
    Backturned [2][P]

A little more detail on this interaction is below.

So in order to complete a low throw in these scenarios there are a couple of criteria which need to be met:

1. You can do a move which leaves people in the crouched state
    2. You are a character who has low throws (El Blaze does)
    3. The move leaves your opponent at -6 or larger disadvantage
    4. The opponent only holds guard or lazy throw escapes
    So to use El Blaze's [2][P][+][K] as the example here: On NORMAL HIT it leaves the opponent at -5. If the opponent just holds guard they will stand up in time to avoid the throw. If they evade or push buttons they will also beat the throw. A low throw will however still land if they attempt to fuzzy guard as you would expect.

On COUNTER HIT, [2][P][+][K] will leave the opponent at -8 now if they simply hold guard or attempt to fuzzy they will be caught by a low throw as they are unable to reach a standing state quickly enough to avoid the throw. They CAN however attack you out of your throw attempt or even evade.

Side Note: If you happen to counter hit an opponent who is backturned you have a guaranteed low throw.

When you attempt low throws in these scenarios with El Blaze you must be mindful that the throw attempts are not guaranteed. These setups exist as a knowledge check for people fighting against El Blaze.

I hope this helps @Iamtheone1983 !

3. Iamtheone1983

Iamtheone1983 Active Member

Yes! Thank you. I'm def going to lab around with these.
    ...I really need to start paying attention to frame data a bit more lol

4. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Glad I could help.

Early on it's definitely worth referencing Frame Data to help you make sense of some interactions and to help you be more aware of you and your opponents options. If you feel like it's getting too much or it's getting hard to hold on to all of the information there's honestly no harm in just stopping for a bit and focusing on playing and enjoying the game.

All the knowledge means nothing without the experience to back it up.

Iamtheone1983 likes this.