1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

SF: SVGL Wednesday 2nd Jan

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by gribbly, Dec 29, 2001.

1. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Dude, it's all about PP->throw.
    Bwahahah I know you said you hate that. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

2. jackybrothas

jackybrothas Well-Known Member

everything was great!! tough competitve play and overall fun. it was nice meeting ya cameron and bryan. hope we can meet up again next time before the game comes out hehe : )

3. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Yeah, that was fun. Nice to have nothing to do but play VF4 for almost 2 whole days...

I wish we had more players down here. Cam and I were discussing how we should try to play all the characters a little so we can be more well-rounded, but it will cause the practice of our best characters to suffer a little. Actually, Zerom just resurfaced, saying he'll probably continue not playing :(

I think the PS2 should help with some of our problems. Trying to finish all the training missions and Kumite mode with every character should give us some basic idea of how to use each character... as well as being able to practice regularly.

Lei Fei is a bitch... just starting to understand how to conduct myself against him.

We should keep visiting each other for sure, I need the practice! Chris' Kage and Akira's Lau are really tough, my Akira is weak.

Spotlite

4. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

Actually one of the main things that came out of that session for me is a new excitement about and interest in Aoi. I saw some shit from her that I couldn't believe -- I'm sorry I can't remember who was playing... I met so many new people that I can't remember everyone.

=]

cam.

5. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Aoi would be either me or Akira...and it was probably Akira you were amazed by since I don't really do anything fancy with her. Trying to though.

6. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Hey Bryan (sorry I spelt Brian in the past, my bad)... any chance of there being a PS2 VF4 launch party in SoA at Townsend street in early March? Maybe we could all meet up at SoA HQ to show them how VF4 is really meant to be played =P

7. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    I'm not sure... I'll ask Noah what the deal is. I heard a while back that they were going to be having an official tournament, but I'm not sure what's up with that. All I know is that they've partnered with GamePro for most of their promotional stuff (barf... gag).

Spotlite

8. Jason Cha

Jason Cha Well-Known Member

VF4 Launch Party

Chris,

Interested in hosting a Japanese VF4 ps2 launch party? I'm thinking it'll be good to have a fest Friday, February 1st including much food at one of our places...

-Jason

9. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Re: VF4 Launch Party

Korean BBQ??? /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

Yeah, Brian, if you hear anything from your friend at SOA, let us know what's up. It'd be great if you guys could have some input on what SOA and/or Gamepro has planned.