1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Shadowblade Joystick for PS2

Discussion in 'Console' started by YuniYoshi, Mar 15, 2002.

1. YuniYoshi

YuniYoshi Well-Known Member

Just for JASON I will redo this post in language "people like Jason" can understand. /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

[begin rediculous edit]
    I purchased a Shadowblade joystick online. Has anyone tested this stick with VF4? Game sites give it a 9/10 and from reading the reviews it sounds like a very good stick. Does anyone have an opinion on this particular piece of gaming hardware?[end rediculous edit]

Note: I got mine $43 with shipping so I think I got a pretty good deal... /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

2. Jason Cha

Jason Cha Well-Known Member

From your erudite use of language and the selection of your username, I suspect the Shadowblade will suit your tastes perfectly.

-Jason

3. YuniYoshi

Ok... we have a smartass in the room. Anyone want to give me a real response?

[edit] There is a problem with my username? Maybe I should be EvilAkira or DeathAoi. If you're going to insult me, go somewhere else because its not needed here.

4. Jason Cha

What?

The response is simply that if you're an ignorant casual gamer, the Shadowblade will serve you quite fine.

Is my assumption that you fall under that category incorrect? Given that you purchased this item instead of getting the Hori's or at least a MAS stick, I don't think it is that huge of a leap.

-Jason

5. YuniYoshi

Actually I am not an ignorant gamer or a casual one. I have never purchased a joystick and wanted to so I could actually use my fighting game skills in an arcade setting. I considered Hori's but it only had 3 buttons [edit VF4 version] and I read many good things about the Shadowblade. So basically get out of this thread and let some non-retards tell me of their experience with this joystick instead of insulting me on my FIRST POST.

[edit] Does buying a joystick I think is good automatically make me stupid? lol /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

/ignore Jason Cha

6. Jason Cha

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Does buying a joystick I think is good automatically make me stupid? lol

<hr></blockquote>

I have to say that thinking the Shadowblade is any good is a sign you are quite stupid.

But to actually add something constructive, if you had been on this board for any significant period of time, or knew anything about the people who regularly posted here, I think you would have quickly learned that you can trust Chris Tan's opinion when he says the Shadowblade is absolute crap.

Cancel the order and return the stick. If you want American style sticks, while I know there are better sticks out there, many people have been satisfied with the MAS sticks. If you want Japanese sticks, go with a Hori (you can get any of the other versions if you need more buttons) and replace the stick mechanism with a better quality ball-style stick.

-Jason

7. YuniYoshi

What do you know! You are actually capable of making an intelligent post! (albeit it beginning with a flame). I guess you are the stupid one because I told you it was my first post on this board. I would like to thank you for giving me actual USEFUL information instead of calling me an idiot casual gamer. Try posting the useful info on your first reply next time. /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

P.S. Is this how new people to the board are welcomed? I will assume its just you that has the problem.

8. YuniYoshi

Here is a link to the review:
    http://gear.ign.com/objects/376/376088.html

I am still trying to figure out EXACTLY WHAT ABOUT this stick sucks. Anyone know? :|

[edit] I just realized I asked for people who have tried the stick to let me know how it is. I don't think you have tried it yourself, Jason. Thus no reason to be here in the first place. /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

Casual gamer?
    http://www.tbi.net/~jody/gamesetup.jpg

9. mushen

mushen Well-Known Member

Dude!!

Get the stick.
    It's a great deal.
    You'll love it.
    It's the best.
    A ten plus!!!.

Is that what you want to hear so you can have validation and comfort in purchasing the stick?

You can verify what people on this board are saying about this stick by just doing a search (try keyword "shadowblade" or "stick" or "arcade stick") then you'll find out the real truth. Bong!!!

And if after that, you still don't want to believe because of some review you read on the internet, then maybe you to fork up some moeny and go to the store and pick one up and then you can tell us how sh*tty this stick really is (or you may LOVE IT!!!). That's what we all did in the many posts about various other sticks including the shadowblade.

And if you want to know EXACTLY WHAT SUCKS about this stick, then maybe you need to buy it and find out yourself.

10. YuniYoshi

Ok I will keep it in mind not to ask questions on this board without people flipping out on me. Most... unfriendly board... ever. I never asked you to tell me it was good. I asked you to tell me how it was. Damn.

11. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Here's a great thread about joystick selection...

Sorry your first experience with this board isn't going so well...

Here's some great info about choosing a stick...

http://virtuafighter.com/versuscity...&Number=24619&page=&view=&sb=&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

Personally, I went with a set of ASCII FT2 sticks (about $60 to $70 each depending where you buy - I got mine from www.ncsx.com)
    They've already come to my house, now I just have to wait for the game on Tuesday. The action on the stick feels great to me, I like the button configuration as well (it has eight buttons configured in two arcs of four).

I've read that Shadowblade has been ill recieved by many here at this board. Personally, I wanted to go with Japanese controllers so Shadowblade wasn't on my list. I can't be much help with it other than to say run a search on Shadowblade.

12. YuniYoshi

Re: Here's a great thread about joystick selection...

UPDATE: I ordered the Tekken 4 HORI Joystick from buy-rite. I will do a side by side comparison with the Shadowblade for you guys (not that anyone will probably care). The good news is that if I don't like the ShadowBlade, my friend will buy it. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

13. Legend

Legend Active Member

Shadowblade stick is EVIL!!! return that thing...

trust me.....

14. YuniYoshi

Ok, I will trust you. I remember that day you told me not to slap my mom. You were right. /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

15. mushen

mushen Well-Known Member

deathbringa,

Frankly, I think you made the best choice by choosing the tekken 4 stick because of it's flexiblity towards other fighting games. I for one am going to buy it when it is released so I can use it for tekken 4, soul calibur 2 as well as for vf4 and so I can feel exactly what a "hori" stick feels like. I will make a side by side comparison with my ascii ft2 stick and choose which one is best for me. My main reason for looking a good stick is for vf4, so hopefully it will have the quality of the hori vf4 stick that others have mentioned.

As for the shadowblade stick. The buttons on it sucks like hell. It has rubbery, soft sticky feel to them when u press down on. It feels like the buttons are intended to be analog buttons. Anyways, they feel very hard and unresponsive. The stick it self is not as stiff as I would like it. The stick is also sticky. It does not spring back into neutral fast, and I like my stick to do that. It too has a rubbery feel about it (in fact, the stick surround by a rubber padding!!!). That's my 2 cents, but like I mentioned earlier, you may think this is the best stick ever made by man (cuz it's so pretty due to it's chrome hehehe)

16. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

If you want a second Shadowblade, I'll gladly sell you my two-week old one (which I don't use anymore) for $20 + S&H. =)

17. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Bummer you keep getting flamed.
    You probably shouldn't have edited your post to include a snotty comment to jason tho. He always falls for those.
    Anyway, do a search for "Shadowblade" using the search button up above. Four people who got it said it sucked ass and gave a lot of specifics, you'll see those four towards the bottom of the results list. It's been compared to a 'flaccid penis'.

The tekken stick has gotten mostly praise, with a few minor quibbles here and there.

18. YuniYoshi

Isn't the Tekken 4 stick already released? Am I missing something?

[edit] I just went back to buy-rite... did the T4 joystick just go up in price TODAY or am I crazy?

[edit 2] I just checked! LOL! I am glad I got it when it was 59.99 instead of 79.99! I should have ordered two! :p

19. Mizkreant

Mizkreant Well-Known Member

Isn't the Tekken 4 stick already released? Am I missing something?

<hr></blockquote>
    No, it comes out the same day as the Japanese PS2 release of TK4, on March 28.

[edit] I just went back to buy-rite... did the T4 joystick just go up in price TODAY or am I crazy?

[edit 2] I just checked! LOL! I am glad I got it when it was 59.99 instead of 79.99! I should have ordered two! :p

<hr></blockquote>
    You should have ordered from Video Game Depot...they're selling it for $50 US.

20. YuniYoshi

Well I just read on buy-rite that they not only price-match, they price BEAT and give me 5 dollars off my next purchase. At these prices, maybe I will add a second joystick to my order! Thanks! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif