1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Shakedown Online Beatdown: Post fight discussions!

Discussion in 'Xbox Live' started by TheWorstPlayer, Feb 5, 2010.

1. TheWorstPlayer

TheWorstPlayer Well-Known Member

S.O.B! Event to take place this Wednesday at 10:00 PM
    eastern time. So plan accordingly and be ready to play!
    The rules:

Play everyone in the S.O.B. 3 out of 5 games.
    Add up your points. Whoever has the most points wins!
    If you cannot finish the Shakedown, try not to join!
    Time limit for the Shakedown will be 1 hour. Joining
    late is fine as long as it's within 15 minutes!

Team tournament! If we have time left within the hour
    we will have a team tournament, with a twist. It will
    be a character tournament top 2 will be captains. The
    captain will choose the character for their team. The
    captains will then choose their team members. A hot
    mess but hey, its the S.O.B baby! Everyone plays
    everyone else on the other team. Points are counted.
    In case of a tie the captains duke it out for the
    winner!

Don't get shook! S.O.B. Be there!

2. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Saturdays and Fridays don't sound bad either, anyways I'm interested in these weekly shakedowns, I will be sure to attend them as frequently as I can, I don't think I can make it this up-coming Sunday though but no worries as long as these tournaments are consistent.

3. mlp715

mlp715 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    MLP715
    XBL:
    mlp715
    im just getting back into VF after a 2yr hiatus but im down to play im good most evenings just send me an invite GT mlp715

4. TheWorstPlayer

Cool Mlp and Kamais, Sunday is just an experiment. Sunday may very well change to Saturday. Snow keeps a lot of people in hah. So if people are down for tomorrow let me know too. Every week I'll just figure out what day gets the most gents.

5. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    I'm up for tomorrow, basically available for the whole day.

6. TheWorstPlayer

ShakeDown Tournament is scheduled for Today: 5:00 PM Eastern time. If interested drop me a message on XBOXLIVE: I WORSTPLAYER I
    and join my XBOXLIVE Party. If we get done early maybe we'll do a team tournament for fun.

7. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Thanks for the invitation, Gonna be away from the house from Noon to 10:00 or 11:00 pm Pacific today. I look forward to the next one. I want to fight in a pressure situation. I need the experience. [​IMG]

8. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

Wait, did you just schedule the first shakedown as counter programming to the SuperBowl. Wow. lol.

i'll be in, right after superbowl weekend.

9. TheWorstPlayer

Hahaha yah i know, i forgot all about it smart huh? I didn't pay much attention to football this year :p

10. TheWorstPlayer

SHAKEDOWN ONLINE TOURNAMENT 2009 (Results 2/6/2010)

1st Xzyx987x 6pts
    2nd I WorstPlayer I 4pts
    3rd Kamais Ookin 3pts
    4th Truesonic 2pts
    5th TrickyVFDC 2pts
    6th VFNumbers 1pt

11. VFnumbers

VFnumbers Well-Known Member Content Manager Lei

PSN:
    VFnumbers
    XBL:
    VFnumbers
    shoot me i beat the worst player then was cursed by the worst lol ggs everyone very close matches

12. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

GG's. I beat Vfnumbers [fav to win] and lose to every body else lolz. He was only one who I had full bars with so I could do all my stuff.

@ Number tho our fights were czy good, always right down to the wire and even a time out. I'll post that vid when I get a chance.

13. TheWorstPlayer

3 on 3 Team Tournament:

Team: Hands Free (Xzyx987x, Kamais Ookin, I WorstPlayer I)

vs

Team: Bottom Feeder (Truesonic2k, Vfnumbers, TrickyVFDC)

Kamais Ookin Solos.

14. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    GG's to everyone:

Truesonic2k: You have gotten waaaay better then the last time I played you man, you even made less mistakes then usual with your combos. [​IMG] You really gave me trouble, I look forward to some more games we can help each other out.

XZY: I knew when you joined the Shakedown I was going to lose to you lol, thanks for pointing out my 2p's, like I said I need to work on hit-checking them.

TWP: Finally got to play your Shun for the first time, surprisingly it was really solid imo, I found out what all the hype's about [​IMG] We were down to the wire 2 wins a piece and at the last round, but it was a pretty anti-climatic ending [​IMG]

VFNumbers: Good games as usual with you, got a taste of your lei-fei and kage, I was very impressed with your throw escapes forced me to do more neutrals then I'd like. That last wall combo I did saved my ass, very close games!

Tricky: First time we've ever played, you've got a nice Eileen and it took a while to get adjusted to your style, hope to see you again in the near future.

Team battle was pretty fun, although it kinda felt like it was 1 against 3 [​IMG] Hopefully with the future Shakedowns more people join in and we can have bigger teams!

Thank you for hosting the Shakedown TWP, I had a real blast today and I will try and attend to all the shakedown's whenever possible, and it's nice to be able to play a wide range of different people to get stronger. Thanks for everyone that joined also, hope to see you guys again!

15. VFnumbers

VFnumbers Well-Known Member Content Manager Lei

PSN:
    VFnumbers
    XBL:
    VFnumbers
    kamais that wall combo was vicious i probably had half a life bar left and u turn lei into a basketball [​IMG]

16. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    lol! Yeah, your lei was reduced to a basketball and my Jeff was reduced to a punching bag, I guess it's fair then! [​IMG]

17. mlp715

mlp715 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    MLP715
    XBL:
    mlp715
    judging by the people who played i would have gotten killed

18. Truesonic2k

Truesonic2k Well-Known Member

Good Games to all who played yesterday. KO I feel you and I are gonna be rivaling Jeff's for a while... your the only guy I played where the matches literally went back and forth. The tourny was alot of fun and I hope to do it again next time when I can buy a new mic. I swear I'm gonna knee push bottle cut that dog if he ever goes near my games again.

19. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    Good games to VFnumbers and his Kage usually Kage and his crazy attacks destroy me but this time around it felt different. The many battles we had before might be the reason for it but who knows really. My Sabakis seemed to work this time like I knew when to do it, I usually have terrible defensive timing but it worked this time around. I look forward to our next battle. I just missed the shakedown as well after numbers told me about it, that just pissed me off oh well there is always next time.

20. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Haha, if you do get a mic we should play each other in player match and help each other out y'know?

Oh, and the bottle cut is a high so it might miss the dog [​IMG]

I doubt it, your current rank is higher then TWP's from what I see in both your guy's sigs. [​IMG]