1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Shen Mue 2 VF4 disc details

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by akiralove, Sep 6, 2001.

1. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Just checked out this info on the Shen Mue VF4 disc. Looks like you can access most of VF.net's features with your DC!

from the weekly AM2 site:

"9/6 (the wood) ' 1, contents " of the Virtua Fighter 4 Passport VF.NET " among ÉVÉFÉìÉÄÅ[ cIi ' first limited edition " ÉoÅ[É`ÉÉÉtÉ@ÉCÉ^ - 4 specially made premium disk " 2 groups of sale schedule became clear.

* " Virtua Figher 4 Passport VF.NET " * & *?
    It utilizes the efficiency of the dream cast which can be connected to Internet, " the VF.NET for Dreamcast (temporary)" enjoying as dream cast private contents, it reaches the point where it can receive.
    * VF4 gearing service " VF.NET for Dreamcast (temporary)" it can access.

* Purchase of " access right " is necessary in access.

* Charge service (after the 10/5) it is month amount 300 Yen.
    * Communication charge such as separate telephone rate catches.

* 9/6 - 10/4 with no charge service, can utilize the below-mentioned contents.

* New arrival information
    The VF.NET for Dreamcast (temporary) regarding the up-to-date information

* Arcade information
    Nationwide ranking and ranking of each store, such as work circumstance of each store

* VF4 skill data
    Various searching * sort functional equipped VF4 all the skill lists

* After of the 10/5 becomes charge service, it is the schedule where the below-mentioned contents are added.

* Card information you see
    You look at the register and various card information of the " VF4 CHARACTER ACCESS CARD ", it offers, the service related to card such as installation and removal of the item and perusal of opposition past record.

* Team
    It offers communication service such as establishment, joining of the team of the VF.NET member, verification of team ranking and data verification of the member.

* VF news transmission
    It occurred at the arcade, " 50 successive win prayer appearances! " And so on news in real time mail transmission

* The contents the schedule which in the future keeps being complete are

This disk " the VF.NET for Dreamcast (is the temporary)" original contents, already we have become announcement, arcade edition " ÉoÅ[É`ÉÉÉtÉ@ÉCÉ^ -, the I of 4 " -mode there are times when private contents " VF.NET " and contents contents differ.

" The VF.NET " is possible with the dream cast and the Çø Ç· is. Don't you think? the ǃ you that, to a pleasure in your own portable telephone you are not connected. The ring name, installation and removal of the item it is funny, is, -. "

I'd be interested to see if people in the US can access from here with a Jap. DC (or chipped) set up for a US server.

Spotlite

2. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

i just got this disk today vf.net disk and vf history/vf4 disk...without shenmue 2!! ) , i'll check to see what it has as soon as i get home today.

[​IMG]

<font color=red>nAndato</font color=red>

3. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Is it a burned copy?

4. Guest

Guest Guest

will this be available in the US or will it have to be imported? thx

5. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    I got my copy (with Shen Mue 2... good for studying Japanese).

While I could have always hoped for more, the discs are actually pretty cool!

Like I said earlier, the passport disc is for accessing VF.net with the DC, and it looks like you can do everything you can with the cell phone, probably much better looking/easier as well.

The history disc is nice. It has separate sections for VF1,2,3 and Kids, and a special section for 4. The 1-3, Kids sections have several movies each, and (what seems to be at a quick glance) extensive soundtrack section for each game! One of the cooler things are seeing VF3 matches played with some of the omitted costumes, like schoolgirl Aoi.

The VF4 section has movable and scalable portraits of all the characters in 1 and 2P attire, bust and full body; as well as concept art for everyone. Some of those designs, you'd swear they hired the MK character designer. Anyone complaining about Kage's new 2P can be thankful they didn't follow those sketches... Yoshimitsu nation.

Then there's the "information" section, which has scalable info cards with basic gameplay/system info, and a message from Yu. The nice thing here is that when you scale in, you can actually read the tiny text (some of which is english); as opposed to the portraits which are blurry close up.

The movie section has the AOU demos, both new attract mode openings (which were not in the beta), Lei Fei and Vanessa movies, and a few matches, featuring 2 rounds of Kage-Lau, 2 of Pai-Sarah, and 5 of Vanessa-Lei Fei, all with pretty nice play to boot.

My only gripes are that all the movies are shown in a kind of "movie player" format, so they're not full screen and look a little dark at times, and that, of course, they're could've been more. But as a free-bee it's pretty fleshed out. I'd recomend it to any real VF fan, espescially if you haven't played the game yet and want to see some more decent footage. One of the nice things is that in the VF4 matches, you can actually HEAR the BGM, which I haven't been able to hear in any arcade version I've played. Even on loud volume cabinets, it seems like the BGM volume is much lower that usual by default.

If you have a collection of VF stuff, or have a VF website and are looking for good stills to use, I'd recommend picking this up.

Spotlite

6. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

ok. i got this 2 disks from a friend that sold it to me for 10 bucks, so im one lucky bastard that i dont have to buy the whole game ($75).

this is what it has:

VF history / the making of vf4

vf history: movie and music

music: it has all the soundtracks from vf1,2,3,and vfkids...complete!

vf1 movie: virtua racing ~motion test of VF~
    ---this shows the ending sequence of virtua racing.
    ~dinamix material~
    --- shows poligonal objects being broken. shows some character (the pic i use as my sig) walking around and destroying stuff.
    ~battle motion test~
    ----shows 2 poligon fighters (seen on vf3 home version in history mode) fighting

VF1 prototype (powered by sgi):
    ---shows a very early build of vf1, huge counters, looong hit/stun animations, and names were a bit different (jackey, sara, jefer).
    ~opening loop~
    ---shows the arcade opening sequence to vf1.
    ~into the game~
    ---shows 2 rouds of gameplay (akira vs jacky)

VF2 movie:

~texture mapping: texture mapping test~
    ----it shows the same sequence shown on the home version of vf3 (the vf2 part in history mode).
    ~opening loop~
    ---shows the arcade intro
    ~into the game~ shows some gameplay rounds, "sucky" player.
    ~segasaturn~
    ---shows the fmv's in the intro of saturn vf2.

VF3 movie: this is worth the price!!! good stuff here

~motion capture~ Atractive action club
    ---shows a motion capture actor doing shun's unique rising attack, then shows it in the actual game. actor does shun's ff k, it shows in the game as well. actor does wolf's ff pg throw to another actor, shows in the game as well. actor does some of taka's kata, shows in the game as well.

~introduction of model 3~
    ---it shows the COMPLETE movie that was shown in 1996 for the first time when vf3 was first shown to the media. its the same thats on the history mode of the home version of vf3 except that this one is complete, it shows the model 3 "logo" in the begining, then aoi walks/dances from left to right, then the logo dissapears, from here on its the same as the home version. also shows the model 3 specs bettween pauses.

~image of vf3~
    ---shows the same fmv "intro" seen on the home version of vf3 (jeff and shark, jacky in his car......)

~motion test~ ~reaction and camera work~
    ---shows some crazy camera angles, akira does shun's f pppk, wolf does dural/pai's reversal reversal move,kage does his taka only thow (b pg,d pg)...on akira!, kage does taka's low back throw on akira.

~another customes~
    ---it shows pai vs aoi (wearing schoolgirl outfit) in a different version of the subway stage, playing for 2 rounds!!.
    shows shun wearing his "schoolboy/hiphop boy" costume vs jeffry, in lau's stage (with the walls higher).
    it shows pai wearing a pink short dress on her stage (the top cage bars are replaced by a wall)
    ~opening loop~
    ---VF3 OB opening loop
    ~into the game~
    ----a few rouds of gameplay(OB)
    ~VF3TB opening loop
    ---vf3TB opening sequence
    ~into the game~
    a few rouds of gameplay (TB)

VF KIDS movie:

~opening loop~
    ----shows the fmv intro of saturn vfkids
    ~into the game~
    ----a few rouds of gameplay
    ~akira,pai,wolf.....dural ect.. ---shows all fmv endings of saturn vfkids.

--------The making of VF4---

~character~: shows CG pictures and concept art for custumes (some new, some old) of all characters, you can zoom in/out to view em.

~movie~
    ~ignite your heart~ ----shows the very first movie we all saw of vf4 (starts with a recap of vf1,2,3...)

~vanessa~ ---shows the first movie we all saw of vanessa.
    ~lei fei~ ---shows the second movie we all saw (starts with lei fei doing his kata)
    ~opening loop A~ -----this intro just kicks ass!!! its the arcade intro of vf4.
    ~opening loop B~ ----this is the second arcade intro. it shows characters doing some ramdom moves and them their names appear.... cool as hell.
    ~into the game~ gameplay movies ang good ones!!!
    like kage vs lau in wolf's stage for 2 rounds. sarah vs pai in lei fei's stage for 3 rounds and finally lei fei vs vanessa (some crazy cool throws from vanessa shown here! on lion's stage....

~information~
    ---shows some gameplay notes, pretty much advertizing the game. can zoom in/out

VF.net disk

of course this dint work, but while i was connecting there was this headgear (i think thas what it was) that i could rotate and see, maybe its one of those goodies...

so anyway.......get this this ASAP.....collectors item for sure!!

[​IMG]
    <font color=red>nAndato</font color=red>

7. Vicks Biru

Vicks Biru Well-Known Member

Guess I'll have to fork out my dollars for Shenmue 2 Jap.
    ARGH!

<font color=black>Yowai...yowai sugimasu wa!</font color=black>

8. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Excellent, thanks for the heads up guys! I'll try to pick up a copy...

9. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

Is there any chance someone could cap the VF4 intro's?,
    there are several smily faces in it for you if you do, here's the downpayment /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

10. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

~opening loop A~ -----this intro just kicks ass!!! its the arcade intro of vf4.
    ~opening loop B~ ----this is the second arcade intro. it shows characters doing some ramdom moves and them their names appear.... cool as hell.

Are these not the ones that were available on GameSpot some time back? The attract screen and the intro that has the names appear... sounds familiar. If so, you can download the clips from <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.clandxm.com/vf4>VF4fx</A>. However, if they're different clips, I'd be happy to host them if someone can convert them into MPEGs.

[​IMG]

11. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Shenmue 2 Disc Bonuses

I just finally got my Shenmue 2 Limited Edition. Though I don't have my DC around me at the moment (doh), I can at least enjoy some of the fan material provided on the discs. You can access the fan material by putting the discs in a PC (and I assume Mac as well). The material is provided as an HTML webpage with "goodies."

Shenmue 2 Disc 1
    Webpage: Goodies 2 (Omake Shenmue Vol. 1 ~I think)
    Contents: A bunch of (what seems to be) VMU style animated images of various characters from the Shenmue world. Put your cursor over them and see them move.

Shenmue 2 Disc 2
    Webpage: Character ...can't read kanji (Omake Shenmue Vol. 2)
    Contents:
    -Funky VMU style, but colored, pic of Ryo Hazuki.
    -Character Illustrations of the Main Cast of Characters (not a ton of them, like 3-5 per character).

Shenmue 2 Disc 3
    Webpage: Shenmue CG Illustration (Omake Shenmue Vol. 3)
    Contents: CG Illustration Wallpaper for your computer Desktop! Two versions. 1024/768 and a much smaller resolution version (640x480? is it really that small, been ages...). The first illustration was on the inside of the US Shenmue cover, Ryo and Nozomi on the bike. The following six are from the "US Shenmue Calander," each illustration for every two months. The final three are Shenmue 2 Promo images (I think).

Shenmue 2 Disc 4
    Webpage: Shenmue Special Movie (Omake Shenmue Vol. 4)
    Contents:
    -"GameJam Ending Movie." A neat little trailer that I haven't seen before, but I think it's from a magazine. Gamefaqs has a document that tells you where this is from (yeah, I'm telling you there's a bonus faq despite my efforts to write what I see here).
    -Promotional Clip. Many of us have probably seen this clip if we kept up with the Shenmue 2 multimedia at all. I think it's the same clip that has been used at recent shows like E3 (could be wrong).

Virtua Fighter History/VF4 Disc & Virtua Fighter 4 Passport
    Contents for PC:
    NOTHING!!! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!! Well.... It does have the copyright written down and two empty bibliography & abstract text files, but they're empty on this computer.

-Chanchai

PS Wanna compile all of this and make a more complete "Shenmue 2 LE Non-Game Bonuses Faq?"