1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Shenmue III General Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by MadeManG74, Oct 2, 2019.

1. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

No more personal insults from either, please.

Master Po can download the demo and make up his own mind. I still don't like Shenmue III combat, but still think the game is worthy of playing/trying out despite that.

masterpo likes this.
  2. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    So I'm grabbing the full version of Shenmue III, if for no other reason than to have the complete set. I'll start the play through all over again with Snhenmue I and play the whole series. As long as Shenmue III doesn't have fireballs, sparks and explosion coming out of hand and foot contact I find something to appreciate in it.

Some fighting game systems that I've played a lot and think are really worth while for anyone interested in martial art combat systems presented in a video game :
    • Virtua Fighter Series
    • THQ's UFC 2009, UFC 2010, UFC 3 Undisputed
    • Def Jam Fight For New York
    • Kengo Master of Bushido
    • Sleeping Dogs
    • Soul Calibur 2, 3, IV, and VI
    • DOA 2 Hardcore, DOA5LR
    • Fight Night Series
    • NIOH
    • Deadliest Warrior 1&2
    • Tekken IV, V, and VI
    • Shenmue I, II

I currently own and play all of these games from time to time. Each one has its strengths and weaknesses. I can honestly and in good faith recommend any of these games to anyone who enjoys video games that feature the martial arts or combat sports. They all offer a top tier fighting game or combat sport experience. They each are worth every penny that I paid for them.

I hope to be able to add Shenmue III to my list:LOL:

3. ICHIBANin10000

ICHIBANin10000 Well-Known Member

Get the DLC to!! Its $14 bucks , and worth every penny. In the Battle Rally , you can play as Ren!!! I heard there is a fourth character you can unlock , but I cant confirm yet. Battle Rally really opens up the combat, and the timer gives you a sense of ugency to make more efficient combos. I found a new combo that wipes the mid level goons out faster: Iron Palm-Pit Blow. You nail them with that and they are off the board quickly, and you don't have to waste time knocking them down, waiting for them to get back up again. I cleared the top score on Verdant Bridge and Man Yuan Temple Courses with that combo.

The third character is Wei Zheng , a Martial Artist from Bailu Village who has the hots for Ryo. The funny thing is she is Shenhua's best friend! The other two DLC's add story missions to the game, and new environments. It really enriches the experience. I haven't played focused , entertaining DLC this good since the GTA 3 or the First Force Unleashed dlc. It really seems like its supposed to be there, a perfect little "episode" of the game. Get the dlc Po! Have I ever steered you wrong?

Last edited: May 29, 2020
    ChiefGutti likes this.
  4. ICHIBANin10000

ICHIBANin10000 Well-Known Member

The Final Chapter in the Shenmue III combat video series. A collaborative effort with Ms Majesty on Youtube, who did the soundtrack. https://youtu.be/4__2yjP1ICs