1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Shenmue

Discussion in 'General' started by Vicks Biru, Sep 9, 2001.

1. Vicks Biru

Vicks Biru Well-Known Member

Ok.. this may sound a bit stupid, but...

Right, I got the Jap version of Shenmue [I live in Asia, I own a Jap DC]
    But I know nuts about Japanese.
    So right now, I need to know how to save a game. There does not seem to be an auto-save or anything, and when I press reset halfway through a game, my game is lost. Pls help. Tell me how to start a new game that can be saved and continued later on. Esp. those with the US version. You can translate the options for me, if you will. You can't get this info on any Gamefaq whatever. Thanks for all help given.

<font color=black>Yowai...yowai sugimasu wa!</font color=black>

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Ryo can only save when he visits his room. From memory, it's the icon on the left.

You can't get this info on any Gamefaq whatever.

Uh, yes you can. I just checked the largest (in size) FAQ on Shenmue and it's in there.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/dreamcast/file/shenmue_c.txt>http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/dreamcast/file/shenmue_c.txt</A>

3. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Ouch. Must be difficult to play Shenmue (Japanese version) if you don't understand a word of Japanese. How do you manage to complete the quest then?

[​IMG]

4. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    With a basic grasp of the Japanese language and a couple of good dictionaries at hand, I think it should be possible to play through to completion. You just need to refer to your note book and translate all the clues and such, which can be a tedious yet educational experience -- if that's what you're after.

For me, I waited for the US version and played that. The voices were tolerable IMO.

I hear that Shenmue II comes with English subtitles, and if it does, then I may it pick up rather than waiting for the US version.

5. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Yeah, I heard that the US version of Shenmue 2 has English subtitles instead of dubbed voices. Probably because the DC is near the end of its life. Either way, I'll end up buying it... :)

[​IMG]

6. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

It's possible! My only advantage was that I recognized some Kanji characters, but I got halfway through the 3rd disc on the import before I started over on the domestic version.

7. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Can't wait myself...probably my most wanted game now. Man this year's closing out with some exciting stuff for gamers...finally some great PS2 games, Gamecube and Xbox, Shenmue 2....and for course VF4.

8. Vicks Biru

Vicks Biru Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help. In the meantime I shall meekly struggle with what Shenmue throws at me and somehow worm my way through.

<font color=black>Yowai...yowai sugimasu wa!</font color=black>