1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Shinz vs moonsuk match 7 ?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Legend, Mar 13, 2002.

1. Legend

Legend Active Member

Ok .. at the end of the third round I am positive that I saw ShinZ grab moon before moon inputed the throw command, but still moon's throw connected while shinz's throw didn't ? ?

is this some kinda feature? if yes how to do it ?

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

I saw what you meant right away. It's around the 1:20 mark.
    What you're seeing is a catch throw being interrupted by a regular throw.
    One of the akira players tried f,b+P+G... and it takes maybe 12 frames for akira to reach out and grab the other guy. That's slower than most throws, but the advantage is that you can't escape it.

The other akira did a normal d/f+P+G throw, and that takes only 8 frames. So the first akira was grabbed literally a small fraction of a second before his throw attempt completed.

3. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Yep, in general, catch throws are not escapable like regular throws, but they can be interrupted by throws (and by attacks of course) during their longer execution time.

4. Legend

Legend Active Member

Ohh!! .. very nice /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

thx for the info peeps.