1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

shinz's hands movements

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by AkiraKidWannaBe, Apr 18, 2002.

1. AkiraKidWannaBe

AkiraKidWannaBe Well-Known Member

2. Tripp

Tripp Member

You really have to be kidding me. Unless he is rubbing one out while playing VF does anyone really care?

3. 34

34 Well-Known Member

that was fast...

4. Triple Lei

Triple Lei Well-Known Member

I wish it was an overhead view like the the Jang / Parkyong "lightdashing hand" vids, but at least it's great quality. I guess he wasn't using Akira...

(Versus City, huh? Hrm... /versus/images/icons/cool.gif)

5. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    You really have to be kidding me. Unless he is rubbing one out while playing VF does anyone really care?

As a matter of fact, some people do care, or are at least curious enough to take a look. If you know anything about the ShinZ step, it requires a great amount of dexterity and speed. We've seen the result of it on screen, but it's also nice to see just how fast his hand really moves.

And I have to say, that's pretty damn fast.

6. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

he must have used joysticks since 5 or something /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

7. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

This is very interesting. he uses his mid and ring fingers to control 1's on the stick. That would really help on doing the ShinZ step to the left. The reason is because I use the thumb and index to control 1 and they give me a lots of trouble doing quick 1's. I am guessing he controls 4's with his thumb. He doesn't to be touching the stick when it's at neutral hmm..Only on Japanese's sticks, US ones will bounce all over the place. I wonder how he does circular motions. I like how he struggles with his palm rotating the stick, very calmly.
    Thanks for the tip, this helps a lot!

8. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

/bow

9. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Yeah, interestingly enough, I used to use my thumb to hit both DL and D in the past, but two months ago, I switched to using the middle finger to hit DL and the thumb to hit D, because it seemed to give me better control over the diagonal this way.

10. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

nooo.... i can't find it.. can anyone send me the direct link to the vid? plz..

11. plUmber

plUmber Member

12. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

a little late but, this vid also answers people's questions of "oh well how the in hell do I ?...." well after watching that clip im definetely practicing new techniques to see which will allow me better control of my character.

13. Torneko

Torneko Well-Known Member

I thought that his hand speed movement is normal, I am sure many VF player have that kind of hand speed movement. I think he is just creative.

14. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    <blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Yeah, interestingly enough, I used to use my thumb to hit both DL and D in the past, but two months ago, I switched to using the middle finger to hit DL and the thumb to hit D, because it seemed to give me better control over the diagonal this way.

<hr></blockquote>

I'm just curious, but can you describe how you hold the Joystick? I'm having a hard time picturing anyone using their thumb to hit Down on anything other than a Joypad.

For me, my thumb and middle finger are usually always in contact with the ball of the stick, and for individual directions, either one or the other or both will do most of the work:

DL = middle + thumb
    D = middle
    DR = middle
    L = thumb
    R = middle

15. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Sorry, thumb to hit L, not D. LOL my bad =P

16. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

Myke, have you noticed that shinz's multiple crouch dashes only moves towards the right side(pyrexia clips)? In other words, he can only do multiple crouch dashes moving towards one direction. I can do mutiple crouch dashes back well on the 2p side. I reckon its a lot more difficult to do mutiple crouch dash back on the 1p side.

17. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Yeah Danny, I'm the same as you. I'm much more profficient doing the multiple crouch dashing in the 3,3 direction than 1,1. I think most people are like that simply because of the mechanics of the hand and wrist.

Doing 4,4 - 3,3 repeatedly is not a problem, but repeating 6,6 - 1,1 is almost impossible for me after one cycle /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

18. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

yay!
    I'm not alone!

different side...different tactics hehehe

19. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think this is why some people can only SPoD from one side of the screen...
    My difficulty is usually with the "1" direction too...