1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Short Side Shuffle

Discussion in 'Jacky' started by SilentKnight, Mar 26, 2002.

1. SilentKnight

SilentKnight Active Member

In command training for Jacky. It says P+K,K, b then (Chains with b,P+K+G combos).

What does that chain message mean? How do I chain this attack with whatever it's talking about? I'm new to VF, so please bear with me.

2. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Alrighty...since u=new, me=old, so let me teach ya~

b+p+k+g makes Jacky go into his Shuffle Step stances...
    From there, u have a few choice...u can either press k or d+k,k or d/f,d/f +p

Three choice of attacks.

The single K alone hits mid..n if u cancel it fast enuff, it becomes a iai kick, staggers opponents--->knee--->*insert ur fav moves*

CHECK MOVELIST TO SEE WHAT IAI KICK IS
    (yes, there's a movelist on this site.)

d+k,k is quite a good move. If u're able to condition ur opponent to guard the iai kick, then use d+k,k. First kick hits low, second kick hits high. It's fast, does decent damage...recovers fast after hitting opponent...good move

d/f,d/f+p

JAcky crouch dashes, the follow up gut punch knocks down opponents if it connects (we call it KD/Kuzure Down)...it's a mid move...once u see opponent go into KD after eating ur gut punch, do whatever u want with them...except throws.

The problem with these three moves is...if u only access them by doing b+p+k+g..then it becomes rather obvious what u might do~( the bonus side of the SS is, u can attack immediately after Jacky moves back a step..no need to wait any longer)

So Jacky has two other ways being able to immediately use the 3 moves mentioned above.

Whenever u do a single K+G (tap back) or P+K, K,(tap back)
    Jacky does a small hop backwards. Essentially, this hop animation gives the same end result of b+p+k+g. U'll be able to use the three moves mentioned above.

There's an even faster way for u to execute those three moves!
    It's call buffering an attack.

After doing P+K,K (tap back) or K+G(tap back), once u tap back, immediately input the commands for either of the three moves mentioned above.

This time, Jacky won't even hop backwards...the moves will immediately come out.

For example...after doing P+K,K (tap back), immediately press d+k,k. If opponents do not TR/DR, they eat the follow up.

Usually, opponents are conditioned to guard low after blocking standing K+G...after all, they hate eating the low sweep.

So after K+G (tap back), press k or d/f d/f+p..both hits mid...

Word of warning though...SS follow up attacks are usually quite risky against quality opponents.

So use them wisely.

The trade off is...if u're successful...u'll like the damage Jacky can do to opponents!

3. SilentKnight

i don't get the iaigeri kick. it says KG on the site's movelist. so while i'm backing up during the side shuffle, i press k+g? i tried it, but it doesn't do anything.

thanks for your help by the way.

4. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

After K, tap G
    I mean tap G

instead fully extending his kick, u'll see his a new animation.

5. SilentKnight

ah i see, so it he doesn't kick, and cancels it instead. i guess that could be useful. i've done it before on accident, but the comp takes advantage of the lack of the kick and just smacks me on the ground.

6. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

ah no no no no no!~

U held on to the G button for too long...resulting in Jacky cancelling the kick!

it's a good move...but that's not what I am trying to teach u.

in training mode...set CPU to stand...no guard...

DO SS, K (tap g very lightly)
    then see the difference in the way Jacky retracts the kick...

7. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

2 types of G cancel here for shuffle step kick.
    1st is complete cancel no damage kick cancel. the 2nd one is iageri kick the one with damage but alot faster recovery than kick without G cancel

8. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Here's something I posted before...

"""8 frames to be exact
    anything less than 8 ends up with Jacky not being able to cancel the kick at all

Anything more than 15 ends up with Jacky going a G-cancel
    Bow to free training.

So the best thing is to do is press K, then tap G.

Littlewild had the right idea when he mentioned abt listening to Jacky's yell..(another method I brought up at VP a while back ago). Tap G lightly as soon as u hear Jacky yell. """

9. SilentKnight

guess i need a lot more practice. thanks guys! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif