1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Should Dural be allowed during tournament play?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by UnCauzi, Apr 29, 2002.

1. UnCauzi

UnCauzi Well-Known Member

Basic question, someone played Dural during a tournament today, but since I know nothing about Dural I wanted to get some opinions on it? Is she overpowered? Should she be banned from tournament play? Let me hear your thoughts.

2. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

I don't think someone played dural at our tourney Uncauzi. But maybe I was too busy in the other room playing KI. lol. But as I know, she is powerful. But I don't really care. I will still get my 6th place finish! hahahhaah

3. UnCauzi

Well Stoopid played Dural. I won, I wasn't complaining but someone said that they thought Dural should not be allowed.

4. The Dude

The Dude Well-Known Member

Hate to turn this into a FL thread, but she is definately overpowered. Like, superboss overpowered. Think Gouki in ST or Gill in 3rd Strike. Faster than Pai yet heavier than Jeff, w/ EVERYONE'S best moves.

5. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Banned from tournament play. (Notice no Dural users in any Japanese, Korean, Hong Kong, Taiwanese, Singaporean or Bay Area movies/tournaments? /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif) Ultra heavy, too damaging combos, insane risk-reward ratio, etc. No self-respecting VF player picks (or should try to pick) Dural, ever, except when playing just for fun... and definitely not in a tournament setting.

6. UnCauzi

Well, I never look at tournament videos (sue me :p) So I didn't know. I didn't even think about it until someone brought it to my attention. The tourney was going a little wierd at that point anyway. It was getting late, everyone was tired and two of the better players were being held up by a security guard (long story) so maybe in his defense he just didn't think about it.

Coolio, no Dural play then during tourneys. Nuff said.

7. Shundi_05

Shundi_05 Well-Known Member

Hm.....

Dural is way too strong. Shouldn't be allow for tournament. Unfair.

Think about this :
    What's the maximise float combo can you do when vesus Dural?

P.S :
    Dural's giant swing is the 100 points one (If I never remembered wrongly)

/versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif "Look at my picture before my mule kick hit you in your face!" /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

8. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Think about this :
    What's the maximise float combo can you do when vesus Dural?

<hr></blockquote>
    not really a float combo.... 83 POINTS SPOD hehe.

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Dural's giant swing is the 100 points one (If I never remembered wrongly)

<hr></blockquote>
    yap yap 100 points.

9. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Dural isn't selectable in the arcade right? That to me is enough criteria to exclude Dural from tournament play...

10. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

Hehe, Dural isn't Kage + good moves like she was in previous games, but she's got so many more combos she makes up for it. Not to mention she has amazing RO ability and the game's three best throws... she would dominate in the hands of anyone who bothered to learn her.

11. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

NO, p, p ~ f+p ~ uf+k will be the most annoying move of the flipping tourney!!!!

12. ReCharredSigh

ReCharredSigh Well-Known Member

didn't they get rid of dural's bread and butter P combo in the 4th VF?(double punch,elbow-kickflip)

anyways, yeah, isn't dural unselectable in the arcades? that already says you can't use her. besides, from what i gather, she has way too many canned strings; SDE,knife,kickflip? TJK? c'mon, that and her weight.

still a fun character to experiment with, but unless if crumble combos work on her like a charm, she tends to have too much power against certain matchups(sarah maybe?)

13. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Maybe it was high lifebar settings, but for the 15 minutes I fooled around with dural, I thought her attacks seemed weak.. like to make her fair maybe AM2 made the playable version inflict half damage. GS was about 25% of the bar.

It was probably just settings.

14. SG-Lion

SG-Lion Well-Known Member

I played against Dural (Morpheus) last week. When the game yells "Ready, GO!!!", I did a b,b+K as opening move. And Morpheus reply with this 3-hit combo. And my gosh, 75% of hit-point goes sayonara... /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

Want to ban Dural? I would go for the majority...

15. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

Her easy 10 foot toss combo does 90 damage.

Her SDE combo do like 80 to 90 damage. Her elbow combos can end with a minor stun(eg. akira's D,f+p) making her real safe.

Don't know how u get the 25% bar only /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

I think most crumble combos work on her. Only tried some akira ones.

16. Morpheus

Morpheus Well-Known Member

Yup, I use Dural 2 play on the PS2, the only set back is it can only be used in VS mode and it's the only time I can see how powerful her moves are. Most of her moves r damaging n her float combos can float ANY character that is the best part!? She is very strong. Most of her attacks have fast recovery. The only thing Jeffery can do after a MC knee is low punch. It wouldn't be easy fighting a real opponent that is using Dural. I'm sure those who have played against me when I'm using Dural would agree. I also feel that Dural should not be allowed in a tournament.

17. Shundi_05

Hm.....

In Reply to:
    not really a float combo.... 83 POINTS SPOD hehe.

Don't understand what you meant by not really a float combo, does it mean that SPOD considered 50% as a float combo and 50% as not a float combo?

18. Morpheus

Morpheus Well-Known Member

What he is trying 2 say is Akira can do SPOD on Dural n get 83 points of damage out of it.

19. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

Me thinkz Morph is alot smarter than old man Shundi ^_^

20. Shundi_05

Hm.....

I know he can do Spod on Dural and get 83 damage points. You never read my post clearly, what I was saying is that he shouldn't use the word NOT REALLY. It either a FLOAT combo or NOT a FLOAT combo, where got NOT REALLY one. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif /versus/images/icons/frown.gif /versus/images/icons/frown.gif