1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Should I get a second memory card for vf4?

Discussion in 'Console' started by mushen, Mar 15, 2002.

1. mushen

mushen Well-Known Member

For all you lucky bastards with the japanese vf4 on modded or japanese ps2, do u recommend that I get a 2nd memory card when vf4 for the UScomes out? (i.e. use it like a vf.net access card.. even though I don't really know how that works.. hehehe)

From what I read, you can keep vs records with other players, replys, misc stats, and have your custom made character from kumite right? Can you fill up the memor card with all vf4 stuff or is there a set block of memory that vf4 cannot exceed (I believe ps2 memory are 8 Megs right? Can I use all 8 for vf4?)

And there's been some rumors that you cannot use info from a japanese and a US card together in kumite, I don't really care about that as long as a US card and a US card can be used together and you can copy info from one to another.

Tell us about the what goes on the memory card and what you like or don't like about it.
    -mushen

2. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

Not too sure about the disablity to combine records of Japanese and US versions...
    but i have something remotely related to say here... my 5th Dan Jeffry record got corrupted. Hell, was i pissed? i loved that particular Jeff.
    Anyone else had problems with corrupted records, or better still, anyone with solutions to fix it?

3. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your pet Jeff. If you like something a lot, back it up on a 2nd memory card. That's your best protection--same as anything else on a computer.

Mushen, each kumite character has its own file, so you can copy and delete them as you wish. Replays should also be seperate files. The japanese and english files aren't compatible, but you can do some bit tweaking with the EMS adaptor (I think that's the right name) to make the files work with the opposite PS2 model. Feixaq started a thread explaining how to copy replays with the EMS adaptor onto a PC, and someone replied that they had successfully converted files from a Japanese PS2 to use on a US version. Search for it.

4. Goom

Goom Active Member

"each kumite character has its own file"

Do you know how big each file is?
    How about the size of replays?
    Lastly, what about these AI mode "virtua-pet"s? (for lack of a better term)

5. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

"each kumite character has its own file"
    Do you know how big each file is?

25KB.

How about the size of replays?

30-40KB.

Lastly, what about these AI mode "virtua-pet"s? (for lack of a better term)

25KB, but don't bother. The AI is stupid, no matter how much you try to train it.=P