1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Shoulder Ram Abare

Discussion in 'Goh' started by Mackfactor, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    I tested it out. SARAH/LAU CLOSE STANCE. SHOULDER BEATS 2p and elbows even up to -6. VS SARAH AND LAU, SHRM is unbelievably good. FOR EXAMPLE TO only these characters in close stance: LOW get ur low punch block and shrm. It will beat their 2p and mid options. But only in Close stance. See for urself and DOJO. AND IF U PLAY a lau or sarah, trust me. U can litterally 2p and get it blocked and shrm all day if u can recognize close stance and beat the most common option at minus 1-5, 2p and elbows. A much safer alternative to a Elbow sabaki.

JEFF , GOH , LEI , BRAD ( 14 fr elbow ), Vanessa ( 15 FR KNEE). the shoulder ducks the mid or sucks it in or ducks the elbow. up to minus 1-5/6(sometimes).Do u know anything else besides what ive tested? like does it do nething to any other characters in open stance? is there anything else i can learn from shoulder ram in close stance that i havent listed?

tested on other characters. WILL Not work on eileen, KAGE, EL BLAZE, PAI, SHUN, WOLF, jacky ( 6p), Aoi ( cannot but u can do a elbow sabaki at a disadvantage and it will create a whiff on their low punch, which i found is wierd )

thnks much appreciated.

this will also work with akira.

2. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
  3. Hazzerone

Hazzerone Well-Known Member

"Goh is a defencive character". Right.

4. Mackfactor

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    note: test out brad and others again. seems a lil different than what i found.

Blocked (-5) -> +
    Beats following attacks in following stance ( COPY AND PASTED FROM MANJIMARU, thanks for the testing )

Brad: low punch in both, in closed
    Jeff: low punch in both, in closed
    Goh: and low punch in closed
    Sarah: lowpunch in both, in closed
    Jacky: low punch in closed
    Lau: Low punch in closed
    Wolf: in open
    Blaze: low punch in open
    Lei: in closed

5. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    a.) that list was for Akiras shoulderram
    b.) you cant copypaste input icons.

6. Mackfactor

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    AK and Goh shrm should be the same right?? i gotta test goh's out again.. just in case
    my bad, i should have just MSG'd myself..PM

7. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Goh's shoulderram doesnt seem to have almost any lowpunch avoiding properties.
    [3][P] blocked (-4) -> [3][3][6][P]+[K] beats at least the following attacks in following stances:

Jeff: [6][P] in closed
    Lei [6][6][P] in closed
    Sarah [6][P] in closed
    Lau [6][P] and low punch in closed
    Wolf [3][P] in open

And thats all, tested against all characters. Considerably different list from Akiras..

8. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    ps. seems to work better after blocked d+P..

9. LostCloud

LostCloud Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Lost_Cloud_VF
    XBL:
    Lost Cloud86
    I thought that his Shoulder Ram going through those moves was just a random glitch, I didn't think it was something that would work every time [​IMG]. Thanks for the info, Mackfactor and Manjimaru.

I tested this out myself and was surprised to just see Sarah and Lau's moves just, miss when they should hit. Why should Sarah and Lau players (and whoever else it works on) lose to Goh's Shoulder Ram when other characters don't? It hardly seems fair to me.

I don't know if AM2 has fixed most of these kind of hit box glitches in VF5R, but I hope that VF5FS doesn't have these kind of character dependent glitches anymore.
    I would guess that making hit boxes in a 3D fighter can't be easy, but it'd be nice if the characters were more consistent.

Now, let's see if I can resist using this info against those characters [​IMG].

10. Mackfactor

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    LOST LOUD. shrm abare works especially well vs JEFF
    ( :

and like i said sarah/lau.
    Neways, i gotta retest this again. I BELIVE i did the testing on 3 K or 3 P. AS MANJ said, it will work better from a low punch, so i gotta test out low punch abare SHOULDER NOW.. So ill update once i get a chance to do that. prob should test minus 1 and plus 2 just in case there are different results.
    the other guys.. u gotta be more cautious and be more attentative in stance..i notice even with my own gameplay... I WATCH ppl's feet all day.. stomachs/back. for combos, i use the knee bent tactic, but sometimes i just know because im looking. Online using the knee bent tactic, u might miss the combo due to lag

66P i should try something with this.. although in R they should have revamped that move, to be more evasive high.

11. Ladon

Ladon Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ladon---
    A little off-topic, but if you want to copy-paste input icons, you need to hit "Quick-Quote", then copy what shows up on the bottom.

By the way, not sure if any of you have tried this, but does crouch-backdash > shoulder ram help its inherent move-beating properties? All the info so far seems to be talking about the fastest timing.

Good info here guys, thanks.

12. Mackfactor

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    a buffered one will work. and ocasionally i see it go through mids and 2p from CROUCH BACKDASH non buffered. i think it matters on distance more than anything i could be wrong. Off the top of my head i have seen wolf.jeff. work on NON buffer shrm, against 2p and jeff elbow, but it looked like a distance/timing thing more than anything. for ex, AOI SARAH distance since their 2p is shorter. Ive seen it go through some moves in OPEN but i duno how constant they can be so i didnt remember it ( i think it was JEFF/wolf he has higher hitbox on MIDS ).

i think only GT knows
    :p

13. KingofcarnageVF

KingofcarnageVF Well-Known Member

back dash does help. And also, has anyone noticed that goh's roll gets him behind eillen when she flips at the end of her combo's

14. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

Also when someone breaks Goh's throw if you roll, you will end up complete on the opponent side.

Another moment you end up to there backside is after the 6,2,p+g if they high wake up kick immediately you will end up on his backside for a safe back turning p+k.

I know this is not shoulder ram tactics but still neat set up from roll.

15. KingofcarnageVF

KingofcarnageVF Well-Known Member

yeah, ive been tetering with, and after moves like 4k i sometimes roll to close in fast. Being that shrm is instant from roll it makes opp freeze. However when im using a char with low throws, i'll usually low throw goh out of the roll