1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Shun 4,6P+G Useful?

Discussion in 'Shun' started by Necro76, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Necro76

Necro76 Well-Known Member

Is there any practical use for 4,6P+G ??? It consumes 3 drinks and does same damage as normal throw. He also doesn't drink afterwards. Even tough you MAY be able to enter SOU stance and get drinks by drinking while retreating from them. Any other thoughts on this?

2. _Denkai_

_Denkai_ Well-Known Member

In vf5 not so much. It was alright in VF4 because Shun didn't have any other directions besides 4 3 and neutral so 6PG would hardly if ever be escaped. In vf5 however, shun has a normal 6PG which destroys all point in even trying to go for the 46P+G now unless you're being fancy

3. Necro76

have u tried drinking afterwards? is there ANY advantage the fact that the opponent ends FACE DOWN FEET TOWARDS you after the throw? Can u do something with OM to avoid wake ups and punish because of their position?

4. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

I think its good if shun is driving and there is a sobriety test coming up on the road ahead. he can quicky do that move and lower his drink points so the cops wont hassle him.

5. Necro76

unless u live in PR and they beat u up anyways. Then u go to jail for ''violent behaviour'' cuz u were u trying not to get hit.

6. GMonroy

GMonroy Well-Known Member

LMAO!

7. Logos

Logos Well-Known Member

It also sobers your opponent a fair amount, so I guess it could be an option vs another Shun if you're far enough ahead in DPs.

8. Cuz

Cuz Well-Known Member

In VF4 it was /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif, so you had a nice little built in dash on top of a new direction.

9. ThatDarnMoose

ThatDarnMoose Member

I know it changes both players stances, which is probably pretty useless for Shun unless there's some super ultra cool stance specific combo I've never seen before.

10. FallingEdge

FallingEdge Well-Known Member

It looks cool. That's why I do it.

11. OddyKnocky

OddyKnocky Member

Damn straight.

12. sekaijin

sekaijin Well-Known Member

PSN:
    so__it__goes
    XBL:
    sekaijin usa
    it is about as close to a "fuck you" finish as shun has.

otherwise, no, it has no particular strength.

13. MystD

MystD Well-Known Member

Is has one use: with 5 rounds if you've got over 20 drinks and still want to have a decent match you can lower you DPs