1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Shun Di move properties

Discussion in 'Shun' started by Tripp, May 30, 2002.

1. Tripp

Tripp Member

I am aware of how upset you people get when a question has already been answered in a previous post but I have done my very best searching through related post and cannot find the answer to my questions. If I am wasting anyone's time I apologize ahead of time.

Anyway, I am a serious Shun Di player but have only been playing him since the release of VF4. I am aware that when he gets drunk points, Shun gets access to more moves. However, I have noticed that the properties of some of his moves change the more drunk he is. What I have noticed for example are...

P,P,P is a 3 hit combo at 25 DP instead of 2 hits then the last hit

P,P,dK, K is a 4 hit combo at 25 DP instead of 2 hits then another 2 hits. Also, the 3rd & 4th hit cannot be blocked if the 2nd hit is blocked (only if the 2nd hit is crouched under can the 3rd & 4th hit be blocked) at 25 DP.

(Lying) K,P,dK,K the 3rd and 4th hits cannot be blocked if the 2nd hit is blocked at 16 DP (again 2nd hit must be crouched under)

I'm sure there are many more that I do not know and I have searched on VFDC's movelist to see if these properties are listed and they are not. My question is where can I find out all these little details about Shun's moves as he gets more drunk. I have looked around my very best to find my answer but have had no luck and I apologize if it is old news to all of you. Any help would be appreciated.

2. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Good question. They're out there, but I just don't know where. I play Shun but arcade only --- not PS2. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

3. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

A post with the information you are looking for is definitely out there--I know, because I wrote that post. Some of the info you posted is only quasi-correct, as you are off on a lot of stuff. I would try to find that post I wrote, but I`m a lazier guy than you it seems like, heh heh.

P.S. As far as I know, PS2 Shun is the same as Japanese arcade (Version C) Shun.

4. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

I found this thread posted by Moby a while ago. I hope that it's at least a starting point for you.

<a target="_blank" href=http://virtuafighter.com/versuscity/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=versus&Number=26147&page=&view=&sb=&o=>Complete version C changes for Shun</a>

It doesn't go into much detail about Shun's punch combos at more than 25 DPs.

5. Tripp

Tripp Member

Thanks for everyone's help, I did some major searching throughout this website and did find some interesting things. However, I am looking for very specific iformation that I now believe no one really is certain of. There must not be serious enough Shun Di players out there to compile this info but that doesn't mean I can't be the first. I'll do my best to put this info together and if I ever get a fully compiled list of these properties I'll be glad to share it with everyone else.

6. Shundi_05

Shundi_05 Well-Known Member

Hm.....

You are wrong! I am a very serious Shun player! Do not jump to conclusions so soon. Little information on Shun donesn't mean that there isn't any serious Shun players.

7. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

So you, and me. Okay -- there are two serious ones. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif Hehe... Unfortunately, Shun has been all but abandoned since Version C. The number of his appearances in the arcade is shocking.

It's funny though, since so many people quit using him, a lot of people have forgotten how to defend against him. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

8. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

I play shun pretty seriously, though I have not sat down and written guaranteed moves after what moves work...

I know from the mule kick, f+p+K will almost always hit, f+g+k (scorpion kick will hit)..
    There may be a flow chart from his various uppercuts.