1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Shun Dis' ground game...

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by UnCauzi, Dec 18, 2001.

1. UnCauzi

UnCauzi Well-Known Member

I saw on the recent attributes chart that they think Shun Di has a good ground game? Does this relate a lot to okizeme tactics? I'm curious as to what other Shuns do for okizeme...

Asides from u+pkg, old palm, chouwan, and I suppose b,d/f+p *risky* maybe d/b+p ahhhh, nm think I know what they mean. Huhuhu share ideas though if you got any.

2. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

Ewwww Oki talk. I generally use the same tacticts quite abit as they are quite useful. Let's go through the examples shall we.

If I think they will get up with a low rising attack I mule kick and collect my drunk points or I dodge to their back. I have yet to have someone tech roll after the f+p+k and punish me for this it will be a great day when some one does for then I will have to evolve.

If I think they will get up with a high rising attack I either dodge to their back and punish or lay down and drink. On the dodging to their backs I am relatively new at this so I tend to use it sparingly its quite tricky to get right. The LD drinking is quite effective and you usually take minium amounts of damage. If you drink early enough you can usually hit the low sweep out of LD to reset the whole guessing game:) Thats about it for my oki. If you were refering to punishing tech rollers that is still escaping me with Shun at the moment. I tend to use the sidekick but it is not very consitant. I definately have to work on that.

P.S. One more thing. It's my understanding from you other posts you are goinjg to New York.When you are in NYC watch Nelson and steal umm adapt his ideas to fit your gameplan. I generally have to take my idea's from Omaha Jeffrey based on what he remembers of Nelson's Shun I envy you, you are about to go up against the premiere Shun player in the country use this experience to raise you game.

3. UnCauzi

Uhm sure, good to know there ARE other shun players in this country lol! I've played against absolutely 0 serious shun players besides me...so this will be neat to see what his strats are compared to my own.

btw try old palm and punish with juggle on quick risers or ss+pkg or chowan or...cartwheel, f+k+g etc etc even f+p+k...

Btw against anyone who knows better mule kick drink is a pretty BAD idea. Hehe but like u said, if they don't punish then why stop eh?

4. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Just wondering...

Are the drunken sweeps worthwhile vs. a tech roller? Does Shun change axis during the sweeps to track a tech roller? I haven't even seen the drunken sweeps used yet in VF4... :p Do they knock down or is the opponent just hobbled like after a Chan sweep?

5. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

going only from movies and almost no experience (what else is new) it looks like every circular sweep in the game nails tech rollers, so I'd say this is no exception. It doesn't need to track since shun's legs go in a full circle (the sweeps can even hit behind him... laff!). And of course once the first one hits, from that point they're just a floaty body, not moving from side to side at all.

6. UnCauzi

yeah the sweeps will hit I use em pretty often.

7. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

for okizeme, I bet they refer to his quick and surefire u/f dodges as being effective.
    u/f dodges into the P+G throw always catch me anyway. Or maybe the chouwan when spaced properly smacks you out of high or low rising for an easy combo. Or maybe u+K dodges both high and low rising attacks.
    I dunno. Fool with those?

8. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

Yeah, yeah new all that in regards to the tech rollers anything thats hits mid etc. Its just my anticapation of when the are going to tech roll is poor. Has anyone actually fond a good use for db+p+k? I want to learn to use this effectively it gives such a great float on Mc but its just so slow.