1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Shun Strategies!

Discussion in 'Shun' started by DrunkenFist, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    ya i also look at the leg when they are in the air as well. it makes for examples brad combos so easy to do. i like to look at the feet during the match, and look at leg thats lifted the most when they float to see OP/CL ( just in case i wasnt watching or if their move switched which im not aware of, so that i have one more thing to look at before i decide open/closed )

i also create a list of moves that switch position as well when i kinda go over a character. Prob not as important with SH, but very imp EILEEN/LION ex. I asked for people list me moves that switch stance before, http://virtuafighter.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/278064/1

btw, i didnt know about 6P+K having less recovery when u do it without a flop combo or hitting crouched. thnks for that.

2. JHow77

JHow77 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JHow77
    It's not that the move itself has less recovery in that situation, it all has to do with how high the opponent was floated. Any opponent getting hit from a standing state will not be able to tech roll in time to get to Shun. Conversely, if heavyweights get hit by 6P+K while in crouching state they can have a field day with Shun because they barely get lifted off the ground and can tech roll almost instantly.