1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Shun:The Art of Drinking

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Ealsen, Mar 25, 2002.

1. Ealsen

Ealsen Well-Known Member

First of all, this post isn't really a guide to play shundi. More of the expression of excitement playing Shundi as a character. Shundi has been my main character since VF2. His drunken style has facinated me eversince I watched Jacky Chan's drunken master movie. This reason is the driving force big enough for myself to learn in depth and to become a good Shundi player, yet I am no Shundi expert /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif.

After several months playing Shundi, watching some movie clips, getting multiple advices from Shundi_05, I finally realize the fun factor of playing Shundi:drinking. As mentioned in some older post: The key to win is to know how to drink, more drink points means more accessible damaging combos and deadlier attacks. To some extent, drinking is now always possible particularly when you fight against opponent who knows exactly that Shundi is not supposed to get drunk. Hence, pressuring the attacks giving Shundi less opportunity to drink.

Now this is where I draw the pleasure of playing Shundi. Being able to take a sip of sake(or chinese wine considering the origin of Shundi), in the heat of intense fighting and within small window of drinking opportunity, is a big chalange. The moment you drink and slip just under your opponent nose gives a satisfying feeling as if a thief pickpockets a purse(But I'm not implying myself as one /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif ) not to mention a sudden shock full of hatred on your opponent's face more and more everytime you drink.

Drinking serves other purpose as well. It taunts your opponent to be more aggresive and angry, hoping that he/she would make a mistake, a fatal mistake falling into your well-setup trap.

This post might help some newbies who are still deciding which character to choose, you might find this style of playing to your liking. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

2. RandomHajile

RandomHajile Well-Known Member

been playing like that since 97...

3. pearl

pearl Member

Shun Di is the man! I used up until like 3 months ago because my friend is a jeffery player and just destroyed my ass every single time(I think he beat once like twelve games in a row). So now I use Akira and I am getting kind of good with him. Those damn DLC and SPoD combos are hard as hell.

4. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

When you fight Sarah, you'll have a hard time drinking cos she'll keep reducing your drink points.

5. Lucky_GT

Lucky_GT Well-Known Member

I use Shun-Di also and I used to never drink until I read this thread. I also used to get the crap beat out of me. Now that I'm a drunk im unstoppable just one thing I don't have any combos with him that aren't out of the command list. If you could tell me some It would be appreciated.

Thx in advanced

6. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Try this:
    <a target="_blank" href=http://virtuafighter.com/view.php?section=vf4&file=vf4_misc_combos_rsw.txt>http://virtuafighter.com/view.php?section=vf4&file=vf4_misc_combos_rsw.txt</a>