1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Shun: Uncensored

Discussion in 'Console' started by Ladon, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Ladon

Ladon Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ladon---
    DRINK UP!!

After playing the game yesterday for a couple of hours, I found a way to have Shun turn red in the American version of the game... and it's really not too complicated! The idea is simple: play your Japanese profile on the English game!

It helps if you know a bit of Japanese, just enough so you can navigate your way around the menu and create the profile. If not, you can memorize the layout in the English version and duplicate the steps you took when you load up the Japanese version. I'll update this with a step-by-step later today, in case some people who want to play a properly drunken Shun don't happen to know the first thing about Japanese, and don't want to risk being unable to change their PS3 settings back to english /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Once you create a Japanese profile for Shun, exit the game and load up the English version. You can then use this Shun to fight in Quest and compete in VS without having to worry about whether there's enough sake in your gourd.

2. tribaL

tribaL Well-Known Member

you have no idea how many people will rave over this. "omg i can get shun drunk lol"

sigh, you've opened pandora's box.

3. ShinFuYux

ShinFuYux Well-Known Member

wait, you got the american version of the game?

I know the asian version and japanese is out, but, how did you get your hands on the american version?

4. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

yeah! up yours censors! hic! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif

5. dwman_2000

dwman_2000 Member

Very cool find! Sounds like you need to:

1. Set your PS3 language to Japanese
    2. Load VF5
    3. Go to customize and create a new profile for Shun
    4. Quit VF5
    5. Reset your PS3 language to English
    6. Get Shun drunk and watch him turn red

Would that be correct?

6. Ladon

Ladon Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ladon---
    If you set the language settings of your PS3 to English, you play the American version of the game. Quest mode opponents are the ones SOA picked, and Shun is censored.

You got it! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

7. dwman_2000

dwman_2000 Member

Yeaay! Gold star for me! Well, really for you for figuring this out!!!!

I, for one, would still appreciate the step-by-step for setting the PS3 to Japanese and then back to English as I'm not THAT familiar with the console yet.

Great find! Thanks again!

8. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Griever_PL
    Well, I don't play Shun at all, but that's a great find !! This is one for the history books ! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif Thanks.

9. wasted

wasted Well-Known Member

woooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome!!!! thanks guys, I will try this for sure

10. Morninstar

Morninstar Member

thats all very unecessary.. u dont need to change ur settings at all.. they havent censored shun in Home VF5.. no matter what ur system is set to he turns red..

11. Junosynth

Junosynth Well-Known Member

Yea I have the import and I did not have to go through this. My shun turns red without these steps so I can confirm this.

12. dwman_2000

dwman_2000 Member

Do you have the Japanese or the Asian (not that it should matter)?

13. White_Worm

White_Worm Well-Known Member

JunoSynth and I both have the Japanese versions, and Shun turns red all the time. I did notice that he doesn't turn as red as in VF:FT, but still very noticeable.

14. dwman_2000

dwman_2000 Member

I'll have to check mine (I have the Asian version)

15. Ladon

Ladon Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ladon---
    I had heard from Myke that Shun does NOT turn red if you change your language settings to english, but I haven't tested that myself.

If this is true, then Shun probably won't turn red regardless of language setting in the American version...