1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Shun Vs. Kage help

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by LiQuid_Fists, Jan 31, 2002.

1. LiQuid_Fists

LiQuid_Fists Active Member

im a Shun user and i always have problems with Kage.. he ALWAYS does counters or throws on me and if not that then hes doin his dragon puch type move and generally layin a beating on me.. although i CAN get his life down, he seams too quick for my Shun to handle...
    any tips on how to get by Kage? what should i know about him? strengths, weaknesses, how to block properly (high or low)..
    also.. how can i do counters with Shun? jus some basic ones.. im a newb /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

2. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

Re: Shun Vs. Kage

two things come to mind. Read all files here found through search ICON above about Kage by <font color=yellow>uk_guy</font color=yellow>, <font color=white>Myke</font color=white> and <font color=blue>ice-9</font color=blue>.
    Read uk-guys awesome Kage FAQ for VF4. check <font color=orange>CreeD</font color=orange> ftp for Shun movies. One of my favorite is found at No Mercy Team Battle section. Jang vs. Akira.

3. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

by the way, is your sig picture on a modem or something? Because I never did get to see it, gave up after 30 seconds or so. You may wanna upload it somewhere faster -

4. LiQuid_Fists

well i would but i dont have as much time as others do.. i was hoping that someone would just give me some simple answers like "do blah blah when he tries to blah blah" cus im on my comp doin some school work too.. i brushed through some of his move lists n others but i didnt get to read much.. i dont need to know how to use him yet since Shun is the only one i use..

btw Creed... the server i uploaded my pics to is screwed.. so anything i linked to it dont show up..

5. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Are you talking about against the CPU?

6. LiQuid_Fists

yes the CPU..
    not many ppl play VF4 at my arcade.. most of those who do are probly the same skill level as me.. and dont know counters..

can someone tell me some simple Shun counters??
    i searched but not much luck..

7. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Have you hooked up with the Toronto players? I thought I might have seen you on Virtua Project, but if not, check it out and get in touch with the TO players/versus/images/icons/smile.gif

You never know, you might learn a lot/versus/images/icons/wink.gif

-Chanchai

8. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Stick with chouwan (d/f,f+P), sidekick (d/f+K), u+K, low punch, P+G throw, and d/f+P+G throw. After the d/f+P+G, do a chouwan for a guaranteed combo.

A simple combo you can focus on for now is chouwan -> d/b+P,K.

If you land the u+K, input f+P+K for an easy and decent damage combo.

Shun is quite difficult to play with, and you need to study his movelist carefully and take note of his drunken points.

9. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

If you land the u+K, input f+P+K for an easy and decent damage combo.

Your opponent can punish you if you do this combo (they can quick rise and hit shun while he drinks) so I recommend another combo. Maybe d+P, d/b+P,K will hit. If not, then definitely just d/b+P, K.

10. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

True, but there's nothing guaranteed, and he IS a beginner. I assume he won't be playing anyone capable of really giving him grief for it.

11. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

what would agent starling say?

.. if dude was playing pure scrubs, he wouldn't be asking for help.
    Of course, I'm fairly sure he's playing the CPU. I dunno if the CPU is smart enough to punish it or not.

12. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

Stick with chouwan (d/f,f+P), sidekick (d/f+K), u+K, low punch, P+G throw, and d/f+P+G throw. After the d/f+P+G, do a chouwan for a guaranteed combo.

A simple combo you can focus on for now is chouwan -> d/b+P,K.
    <font color=white>*</font color=white>

The double throw escape is confirmed by reliable authority.<font color=orange>*</font color=orange> I recco you practice 2TE until you can do it standing on your head. Oh, you are Shun player so you already stand on head! Kage CPU has several option in throw selection but2TE b+P+G- P+G is a good place to start. 2TE b+P+G-d/f+P+G should be available to jiji. This will take practice.
    Kage CPU will throw after long recovery moves and after many blocked and whiffed combos and strings. Chouwan grooves nicely after jiji roll over throw as compliment<font color=red>*</font color=red> to blocked or whiffed ( but mix up your throws or CPU will escape repeated throws:
    helix, mid-kick [b+P,K] * high throw
    >>heelkick [d+K+G] * high throw
    >>dodging sweep [db+K] * high throw
    >>triple punch, mid-kick [P,P,P,K] * high throw / P
    >>dodging chop [u|d+P+K+G] * high throw / P
    >>double punch, helix, kick [P,P,b+P,K] * high throw / P
    >>TT chop, kick [BT] P+K,K] * high throw / P
    >>TA kickflip [df+K+G] * high back throw
    You must low punch blocked or whiffed:
    >>low kick * d+P
    >>TA low kick [b,b+K+G] * d+P
    >>TT low kick [[BT] d+K] * d+P
    >>dragon punch, drop kick [f,d,df+P,K] * d+P {yellow]*[/yellow}
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    Shun Di Roll-Over Exchange : df+P+G->QCF+P
    Chouwan QCF+P<> 236P
    QCF+P(236P) ----------P->f+P(6P)
    or
    -----------db+P(1P)->d+K(2K)
    or
    ------------------------------------b,f+P->PP->d+K

or ----- f,f+K

<font color=black>Shun is best in the hands of someone with good math, musical sense and excellent 3D perceptions. A drummer or pool player would find this character interesting.</font color=black>
    <font color=white>*</font color=white><font color=blue>ice-9</font color=blue> <font color=yellow>*</font color=yellow>Rich Williams <font color=orange>*</font color=orange>Yuppa <font color=red>*</font color=red> ketchup with hamburger
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.joy.hi-ho.ne.jp/d13492/shuncombo.htm>http://www.joy.hi-ho.ne.jp/d13492/shuncombo.htm</a>

13. Shundi_05

Shundi_05 Well-Known Member

Hi! I a Shun Di enthusiast.(Singapore)
    u+K is a very critical move.This move punishs low punch,low kick,low rising attacks and (high rising attacks in some situations).Chouwan is a must "master" move for Shun players.d,d+P+K+G and u,u+P+K+G evade opponents' attacks and than punish them.Use when you are at a certain distance away from opponent.Have FUN!!! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif