1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

shun

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by alantan, Feb 16, 2002.

1. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

I am wondering if you guys know how powerful shun is after drinking, esp in ver B.

Example his ppd+kk move is a real chain after eight drinks. Basically shun ends up with an ultra powerful P counter. After 16 drinks, the d+k is UNBLOCKABLE if you block the first P... wow... a knock down move if the first P is blocked....

But all this is changed in Ver C.

2. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Indeed I happen to know abt it...that's why I am no longer so 'stressed' facing shun in Ver C /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

3. LiQuid_Fists

LiQuid_Fists Active Member

im a Shun user... and even without drinking hes pretty strong..
    but i play only at the arcades.. btw.. why did they reduce his damage n combo ability?

4. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

why did they reduce his damage n combo ability?

Because it was thought that he's too strong in Ver B. Check out the "tiering for fun" thread in this forum for how many of the locals think about Shun.

Heh, there was some very heavy peer pressure placed on Plasma and Bun-Bun Bui in Toronoto *not* to use Shun in the tournament we had last month. Plasma, in particular, is a master at capitalizing on all the available drink points you can pick up after a round is over /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif No one used Shun in the tournament at all. Jeff was only used for a couple of games. All the other characters were well represented.

5. LiQuid_Fists

LiQuid_Fists Active Member

hehe..
    i plan on mastering Shun.. although crappy downtown joysticks dont help..
    but i hope to play in a tourney once. but i gots midterms n stuff /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

6. Ura_Bahn

Ura_Bahn Well-Known Member

How old is shun exactly?

Wasn't he 83 years old in VF2?

I realy hated shun's taunts in VF3tb?

Shouldn't he be dead by now?

What does he drink when he fights "LARGER" - "RED WINE" - or is it a "BUD"?