1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Shun's Chouwan uppercut..

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by LiQuid_Fists, Jan 28, 2002.

1. LiQuid_Fists

LiQuid_Fists Active Member

the motion is qcf+p right?
    well everytime i do that i fall on my back..
    what am i doing wrong? the motion is down,down/forward,forward+p (qcf+p) right? well am i doing it too slow or fast? is there something im missing? cus i got this from this sites command lists..
    it could also be that the arcade i play at uses an old SNK KOF2K machine to run VF4!!

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

it's tricky to do.. the motion is actually just d/f, f+P. You have to do it quickly and accurately (don't accidentally roll to up. SF fireballs are not fussy but VF chouwans are).

You also can't do it from the d/f position by holding d/f for more than a split second. You have to be standing and then go quickly to d/f, then to f+P.

3. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Sounds like you're inputting a HCF motion by mistake, which results in Shun lying down. Be sure that you do not make contact with 'b' or 'db' before you attempt the Chouwan. As a matter of fact, it's possible to perform the Chouwan with df, f+P.

4. LiQuid_Fists

LiQuid_Fists Active Member

yeah i think i MAY have tapped d/b by mistake.. the joystick is kinda crummy.. ol SNK game machine.. i wish the arcade pplz would move it to the VF2 machine which they still use!!.. its alot bigger and better than the VF4 one..
    it doesnt help that im a SF player.. im soo used to qcf and dp motions.. i guess i gotta be quicker huh? how sensitive IS the VF4 system? i mean.. sometimes when i tap forward to get close and then press p it does Shun's punch to hip check comboes rather than the ppkk ones i wanna do...

5. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

some versions of VF seem to require more exact inputs than others, and even some moves seem sloppier than others. I'd just say strive to be precise.