1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Side-step is advanced technique

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by dynamic-league, Dec 2, 2001.

1. jackybrothas

jackybrothas Well-Known Member

the tilting is not that bad...... it's a relax position for me. the thumb on guard is better but i am comfortable with using my first three fingers.

and in summary::::: sidestep is a useful tool but not an advanced technique. what moves are considered "advanced techniques"????????? im thinking of guard cancel into another move or.........

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

eh, advanced technique is kind of a poor choice of words. There are just good strategies and poor ones I think. Mixing in a throw escape with every reversal or dodge when you lose initiative is pretty good technique. Capitalizing on elbow staggers correctly is also. Sidekick MC, crouch dash throw is nice.

3. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

"side-step is an advanced technique"

heh,... yeah, the only way i'll believe that is when i see some people revive the k-step in vf4,... which reminds me..

has anyone actually managed to hack it??

4. steve_dynamic

steve_dynamic Well-Known Member

I reckon anyone who can reverse, block or side-step every opponents move is considered a master.

Remember those Hong Kong kung-fu movies you have watched over the years? About 50% of each major fight always has them blocking each others moves. Although half of those movies are complete and utter rubbish!

5. Big Dipper

Big Dipper Well-Known Member

Creed is it verified that d/f+P+K+G or its mirror u/f+P+K+G will complete at a frame rate that negates recovery time for Lion VF4? Would hcb+P+G ( held down) be initiated before or after Dodge move? Thx.

6. dynamic-league

dynamic-league Well-Known Member

I haven't seen anybody use d/f+P+K+G or its mirror u/f+P+K+G effectively yet. It's a bit subtle and I haven't got to grips with it yet.
    Back+P+K+G is effective but a bit obvious and uncool.

7. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Dunno the answers to any of these, remember - I can't test much of anything because the machine is 5-6 hours away. I doubt that lion can negate the recovery of moves though, with the exception of the weird punch looks like his normal P but recovers a little faster (if you're wondering what I mean, I think the gist of it is that entering f,b+P+K or something like that does a normal punch and it looks like nothing special, but it appears to recover more quickly. Read about it on this board a while ago)