1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Side Turned Strategy

Discussion in 'Brad' started by Libertine, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

For a quick rundown of what the frames are on a side turned opponent, reference the data here.

Here are some of the most important techniques Brad can utilize on a side turned opponent:

Natural combos:

[P][P][K]

[K][P][K]

For the latter, you can hit scan and pressure with Ducking or Slipping if the first or second hits are guarded.

Counter hit combos:

[6][P][2] or [8] -> Slipping [P][+][K]

[4][K][6] -> Ducking [P][+][K][P]

If you're lucky enough to get Slipping [K][+][G] on a side counter hit, then you can launch with [6][K][+][G]!

The side turned data lists even more guaranteed combos from side hits.

Brad's [P][+][K][P][2] or [8][P] and Ducking [P][+][K][2] or [8][P] side turn the opponent. Both are half circular moves towards either direction. But not only does this allow you to tailor the direction in which you wish to catch evades, you may decide which way you'll turn your opponents as well. This is useful when coming in at an opponent's side. On a side hit, the opponent will be turned to towards his front or his back, depending upon which variation you chose to utilize. +12 is granted on side hit, and +15 on a counter hit. I would suggest trying to turn the opponent towards his front, because [6][P][+][K] is guaranteed in this instance. If you land [6][P][+][K] on a back turned opponent, you won't get as damaging a combo. [6][P][+][K] -> [P] -> [9][K] seems to be a common combo you can use if you ever find yourself in this situation.

If you land the [2] or [8][P] on a counter hit against an opponent facing forward, you'll get +12. Use [P][P][K] in this situation.

In terms of general pressure [4][K] is very strong, as it grants Ducking [P][+][K][P] and Ducking [P][+][G] for a direct nitaku option. [4][P][K] is also very powerful. The first part of this series tracks towards Brad's back, and the stance options from the second hit are pretty good. On guard, [4][P][K][2] or [8] -> Slipping [P][+][K] will beat 11 frame jabs, with the Slipping [K] option allowing you to beat 14 frame attacks that do less than 25 points of damage. I like to delay [4][P][K] for added pressure.

I'll add more strategies later.

2. G_A

G_A Well-Known Member

Interesting topic. :)

Damn, I was so sure about it, since I saw players doing it on many vids, but in training it never shows as a combo.

Just to be sure, you're talking about [6][K][P] ?

3. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

No, I meant [4][K]. I'll edit with the correction.

ExzetyXat1 likes this.
  4. Libertine

Somebody was telling me that this isn't true. I'll have to test it.

ExzetyXat1 and OmegaSFox like this.
  5. Mr. Loverman

Mr. Loverman New Member

What about the staggering counter mid kick

ExzetyXat1 and Libertine like this.
  6. Libertine

Yeah, [3][K] works for all characters. Hello BTW. Was wondering when/if you were going to be here. :)

ExzetyXat1 likes this.
  7. OmegaSFox

OmegaSFox Member

PSN:
    OmegaSFox
    XBL:
    OmegaSFox
    Also if you throw them behind you from his clinch and catch them already turned to the side with [4][+][K][6][K] [6][P][+][K] [3][P][P] [9][K]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014