1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Sifu, a Kung Fu Single Player Extravaganza

Discussion in 'General' started by masterpo, Feb 11, 2022.

1. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    • Sifu is a single player game (so no netcode or match making worries)
    • Sifu has a simple but engaging in-game story line where the fighter's back stories are part of the game
    • Sifu is centered around very authentic Pak Mei Kungfu which has ancient connections to Shaolin Kungfu
    • Sifu has five brutal levels of Kungfu fighting each level is more vicious than the previous level
    • Sifu has over 100 offensive attacks and the defensive options include: parries, blocks, evades, & environmental positioning
    • Sifu has weapons. The fighter can opt to use them or not.
    • Sifu has a deep fighting system that can only be unraveled with a great deal of virtual martial arts practice
    • Sifu has amazing stage design and level design with a refreshing graphics style and awesome sound track
    • Sifu boss fights are some of the best fights to be found in a martial arts game.
    • Sifu is a Kungfu journey that will take many many many hours to master

If you enjoy the classic kung fu movies, classic kungfu lore, classic stories of kungfu revenge, kung fu drama, Jackie Chan, Jet Li , Goron Liu, Donnie Yen, Bruce Lee fighting type action then Sifu is the game for you. If you like a challenging fighting system that will force you to stay in the dojo honing your skills for hours then Sifu is for you. If you like brutal fights where the odds are always against you and you have to bring the Kung Fu to prevail, then Sifu is for you.

Some players are reporting that it took them 10-12 hours to get to level 5. But mastery of all 5 levels will take hundreds of hours..

My current goal is to reach and beat level 5 without using weapons, without any restarts, while achieving the highest possible score. Has anyone else done this yet? How long did it take? How long did you have to train?:ROTFL:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2022
    JED-VF3 likes this.
  2. JED-VF3

JED-VF3 Active Member

PSN:
    Shun-Di-VF3TB
    Oh! so THIS! is the masterpo Sifu meme I've been hearing about? :LOL:

Mister, masterpo and beanboy like this.
  3. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

I haven't played it yet, but the game is looking really interesting.

Also, anytime I see Sifu, I remember masterpo.:p

masterpo likes this.
  4. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Based on how Sifu user reviews and critic reviews are going, its reasonable to believe that it will be up for best fighting game of the year. I suspect it has a very very strong chance of winning;) Sifu is a tour de force:cool:

https://thenerdstash.com/sloclap-announces-sifu-sells-half-a-million-copies-in-4-days/
    https://twinfinite.net/2022/02/sifu-sales-top-500000-copies-after-first-week/

Last edited: Feb 12, 2022
  5. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

I just read both articles.
    I'm happy to hear they sold half a million copies in 4 days. That is a rare achievement for an indie dev team to sell that amount. Congrats to them for being able to do that.:D