1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

SiLE Game Tournament at the Tech Museum - 8/15/02

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by siLEpai, Jul 2, 2002.

1. siLEpai

siLEpai Well-Known Member

PSN:
    siLEPai
    Hey y'all,

Anybody want to help my friend at the Tech Museum? Just bring your VF booties down on Auggie 15, 2002. Final rounds of the siLE game tournament, which includes VF4, will be played on the IMAX. Check out your fave characters larger than life @_@

Here's the siLE link: http://www.thetech.org/maxgames/

Okay, so it's a tad bit pricey, but it's for fun and for the kids who jump for joy to go to the Tech Museum =)

2. jackybrothas

jackybrothas Well-Known Member

hmmmmmm sounds fun! august eh? i hope i can make it.

3. Akira Taniguchi

Akira Taniguchi Well-Known Member

Hey this might be a great opportunity to gather VFers in the Bay Area. We can get good competition going at the event.

4. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Damn.... I'd be interested in going to this myself. Just for fun and to hang out and play VF... but that week is gonna be a big week for me in terms of summer school /versus/images/icons/frown.gif Hope everyone has fun there, however!

-Chanchai

5. segaduck

segaduck Well-Known Member

Hi,

I wanna go there, but I will be back on August 20th.

I miss all you guys at Bay Area. See you then.

6. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Sup, Howard... hope you are having fun in Taiwan! /versus/images/icons/smirk.gif

BTW, I took a brief look at the Tech Museum website, specifically, the "rules" for the VF4 section of the tourney:
    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    One 15 seconds to choose character, stick with same character, players play for 10 minutes and the most rounds won by either player wins and advances. No pausing allowed/for any game. If their is a tie the person with the most energy at the time of exactly 10 minutes, wins.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Huh??? /versus/images/icons/confused.gif

7. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

VF on Imax......my god. Makes me feel like sneaking a PS 2 in our omni.

8. Akira Taniguchi

So just to get an idea, how many people are going to the event to play VF? I'm kind of hesitating to sign up since I have not heard any good news from the Bay Area VFers. It looks like people are either out of town or have prior engagments.

9. Akira Taniguchi

Hey Howard I haven't heard from you in a while. My guess is you're putting in a lot of time in VF. I can't wait to challenge you. We have to have a welcome back VF party when you come back from Taiwan. Looking forward to that day!

10. Curify

Curify Member

I think they mean they're going to use time as the basis for elimination and not who wins a certain number of rounds first. Each matchup would take 10 minutes. ugh?

11. Akira Taniguchi

Hey Chris I've already signed up for the tournament. I'll be there with Don. I would love to play on a big screen. I just hope they have good joysticks.

12. akapan

akapan Active Member

I also sighned up for the tornament !
    but I do not think that I will be able to have some practices before the tornamannt.
    Anyway, I am looking forward meet you all at the place!

13. akapan

akapan Active Member

I sent e-mail to the organizer of the tournament in terms of comptrollers. This is the reply.
    Hi -- we'll be using stock PS/2 controllers supplied by us.
    A guy named Joe
    Are they saying that we are going to use a regular PS2 pad for every one's fairness???
    Seems the guy is not serious game player, or this tournament is not designed for serious VF players.
    Or, I am too selfish? Do not people enjoy seeing better skills??
    /versus/images/icons/confused.gif

14. Jason Cha

Jason Cha Well-Known Member

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Seems the guy is not serious game player, or this tournament is not designed for serious VF players.
    Or, I am too selfish? Do not people enjoy seeing better skills??

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yusuke,

It's been pretty clear that this is not a serious tournament from the outset, I would have been quite surprised if they had joysticks or even permitted you to bring your own. Unfortunately, this appears to be a quite casual game tournament by non-serious gamers. If you go, I would be shocked if there is anyone any good at the game, other than people you already know.

Anyway, I hadn't been planning on going as it didn't seem worth the trip - but then again if other BAVF'ers are going maybe we should just go and have fun.

-Jason

15. cooks94

cooks94 Well-Known Member

Anybody else notice that they put VF in the mature games catagory?? The box says teen. Anyways i might be able to make it. So you guys can have a new wipping boy in VF.